Opinions on the Israel-Lebanon war...

Discussion in 'Every Day Debating' started by azuren82, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Foinikas

Foinikas Playing backgammon!

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    "Demonize"!Lol!:p

You sir are a person who posts here in a fantasy forum about political stuff all the time.

Ok,you know why I said that?Because from all your posts you gave me the idea of a fanatical pro-Israeli guy,I'm sure you must be jewish or something.That's not a bad thing,but you're ALWAYS saying stuff that in a few words mean "ok israelis good guys,arabs bad guys".

No no no don't make any comments on this.I'm pretty sure many people will agree with me on this.

You wanna talk about evil muslims?Sure go ahead.You can't talk to me about evil muslims when in the history of my nation we were from the very first people who fought against muslim expansionism and were also the ones who suffered from muslim imperialism and rule(Ottoman Turks)for about 500 years.

But I'm telling you,relax a bit on this and don't see Israel as the poor victim all the time and don't see Arabs or Persians as the evil people all the time.Not all of them are evil and not every time Israel is innocent.

I personally never said that Israel got involved in this civil war between the Palestinians.

Hamas started it and they want to take over all of the Palestinian state.Did you see that?They even executed Fatah members.They pretend they want the good of Palestine but they are killing their own compatriots.When Arafat was alive he always stressed that Palestinians should be united both muslims and christians.Fatah were at least trying to find a solution with Israel,but Hamas always stated that they wanted all of Palestine and nothing less(that is all of Israel as well).

"Dishonest" tactics...give me a break!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2007
  2. Justice

Justice New Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    First up, you're the one who said I like to see Palestinians get killed. That is plain and simple idiocy.

Second, of course I post political stuff all the time. That is not the definition of "demonize". I don't pretend to know a persons contentions. I merely reply to what they write. On the other hand you make it sound like I enjoy watching Palestinians get killed. Of course it's a stupid, childish, dishonest tactic.

I'm not Jewish. I'm white/hispanic. Again, what would my race do with anything?

I am pro israel because they have not chosen the path of radical Muslim fundamentalism and terrorism. The fact the government fell to radical muslims is the most blatant example I could possibly show, and that's why I have chosen to post this.

And Arafat was as bad as any of them. I don't know how many times I posted Yasser Arafat quotes before, but here's an article about Yasser Arafat, the "Father of Modern Terrorism". He never wanted peace with Israel, not even up to his death.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/11/12/opinion/main655409.shtml

3. Foinikas

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Why do you consider it a tactic?

I speak as a common person,as I would speak to you face to face.I'm not trying to copy/paste huge paragraphs or link posts or try to look as serious and amazing debater(if there's such a word).What I say here,I say it in a simple way.

And when I said that you must be enjoying it,I said it because of the picture that you gave me in here with all your anti-arab posts.Look at you,you bumped a thread that's almost a year-old to remind us of the "stupid" and evil arabs and of the innocence of Israel in this civil war!That's why the first thing that someone can get on his mind is "man he must be enjoying it".Because for 1 year or so you have been talking about bad Arabs and evil muslims.Not that the fanatics aren't evil,they are but you have the tendecy to put many people in the same basket.Even entire nations.

Yes of course the Israelis didn't choose the way of muslim fundamentalism.They are Jews.
    But you forget the terrorist acts of israelis in the beginning of their history as a nation and during the occupation of Palestine by the British.And you prefer to forget that if Israel really wanted peace they would given all the Palestinian territories they had captured in 1967 back to the Palestinians,move their settlements from Palestinian lands and finally start a new era of peace and prosperity for the two nations and the entire area around them.But power and control comes first and then peace,maybe that's how they think.What do you say?

And demonize is a greek word,I know what it means.Thank you.

By the way,what's with the "of course I post political stuff all the time"?This is supposed to be a Fantasy forum mainly.I've never seen you post something in the other sections.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2007
  4. Justice

Justice New Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    The Palestinians get very little sympathy from me because they ELECTED Hamas to their Parliament. And about being anti-Arab, when have I posted anything anti-Arab? Honestly, it seems to me whenever I make a point it is about radical Muslim fundamentalists, not Arabs. You however are putting the two together.

Radical fundamentalism is an ENORMOUS problem. It's driving the civil war in Iraq, not the US occupation. It started a Civil war in Gaza. Factions right now are killing each other in Lebanon. There are massive troop movements now in Somalia and the Philippines moving against radical muslims, and in darfur radical muslim fundamentalism is resulting in genocide.

I am not anti-Arab despite what you say. I do not judge people on race, only on what they do and what they believe. I have a friend at one of my jobs that's Persian.

First up, the terrorist acts of the Israeli's can be counted on the fingers of one hand. Yes, I know about the King David hotel, one act 6 decades ago by a renegade group of israeli's does not paint them in a negative light in my opinion. Terrorist acts by the Palestinians number in the thousands, and before Israel built a high tech wall between them and Gaza, suicide bombings of innocent Israeli civilians were nearly a daily event.

Almost everything Israel took during the 1967 war has been given back to Arab nations, but they shouldn't have given back a single inch. After all, the Israeli's didn't start that war, they were in the process of being invaded. Sucks, but that's what happens when you lose a war, sometimes you lose territory with it.

In fact Yasser Arafat many times has said he wouldn't be happy until palestine controlled every INCH of I=srael, not just the land they once had. He wanted Palestine's capital to be Jerusalem.

This is not the same website it used to be. i have about a 1000 posts, did you look them all up?

5. Foinikas

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    The Palestinians elected them because they wanted a difference in their lives.I remember in on of the best documantary teams of Greece,about 3-4 years they said that many Palestinians were displeased with Fatah because some issues in their society and problems in economy and other things.It wasn't Arafat that they didn't like but some of his associates who were corrupted.On the other hand Hamas was building hospitals,schools and generally giving help to the poor.

After all these years of Fatah rule,the Palestinians chose some different.Well it turned out it was a mistake.But if you want my opinion,I really think the problem with all those arabic countries there in that area is that they let political parties to have weapons and military wings.If that wasn't allowed they wouldn't have a civil war in Lebanon or in Palestine or in other parts of the Arab world.Because everytime a political party doesn't like something they take their guns and they start causing trouble.

If that was the case in the entire world as well,we would be a zoo now!

I'm with you on that!It is a problem.But you have to admit that if the U.S. hadn't invaded Iraq all this chaos wouldn't happen.And I've seen Iraqis on TV saying that although it was really bad with Saddam back then,they would really prefer Saddam than this situation that they have now.

I could say something now about all the bad things and the pain the Israelis have been causing to the Palestinians and the settlers murding Palestinian kids and others in cold blood and not just the settlers the Israeli soldiers too,but we'll go back to all that stuff about the Palestinian issue so never mind.

Well anyway,someone can really pass you for an anti-arab.

And as for the posts,since last summer I haven't really seen you posting in all the sections of the forum that's why I wonder.What do you mean the forum isn't the same anymore?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blackness

Blackness Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    If USA didn't attack, there would be no civil war in Iraq.

The process of being invaded?
    First of all, UN made a mistake by giving Israelis the land there, they should've gotten a place to call their own, but not by taking someone else's land.
    Yasser Arafat said that because they want their land back - plain and simple.
    If someone invaded and occupied USA, for example, what would you say?

When you lose a war? Israel lost their war centuries upon centuries ago.

Yeah, one hand... if the hand is 10 miles big.

7. Foinikas

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Well said Blackness!;)