Opening scene of Episode 3

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Mububban, Nov 27, 2003.

1. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    I read in a Star Wars email newsletter that the production team have to lock down the first 25 minutes of Ep3 soon so George Lucas can butcher them...I mean, hamfistedly destroy our love of Star Wars...I mean, edit them.

In true Star Wars fashion, they made mention of "...the opening space battle." Any Star Wars buffs want to hazard a guess as to what exactly this space battle will be?

And how long after Ep2 is Ep3? A couple of years? More? Less?

2. Strider

Strider Eccentric

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    It's 3 years after Ep2. Anakin was 18 in the last movie and will be 21 in the next! The only reason I remember that is because he's the same age I would be win watching the two movies :rolleyes:

3. OBSERVER

OBSERVER New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Dooku is rumored to die within the first 10 minutes.

4. Mububban

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    ** SPOILERS **

I can't wait for all the lightsaber fights. Anakin killing Dooku, apparently Anakin kills Mace Windu is like a 90 move fight, where Mace is entirely defensive before getting sliced. And Anakin vs Obi-Wan had better be the epic battle everyone wants to see or Lucas will be absolutely lambasted!

5. NateDogg2

NateDogg2 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I hope that he saves this movie. The fights sound pretty sweet. Where did you dig up that info Mub?

6. Skyanide

Skyanide The Big Meanie Staff Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
  7. Mububban

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    Ooh baby ooh baby ooh baby! I don't care how badly George Lucas lets his actors perform or how hammy his script will be - the action in this movie will be AMAZING! Lightsaber fights galore, and finally some serious dark force powers being shown on screen, as well as Anakin becoming everybody's favourite bad guy, Darth Vader!

8. Curufeanor

Curufeanor Master Noldori Elvensmith

The Halls of Mandos in Valinor, on my throne where
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Actually the way i heard it is that Anakin will become, in secret, a Dark Jedi apprentice to Lord Tyranus as a replacement to the deceased Assaj Ventress. Yoda will become stranded on Dagobah because of a starfight with Dooku. Yoda will find Dooku awaiting him in a cave, and they will duel, resulting in the death of Lord Tyranus. His sith-infested spirit will ever- after become the reason that the cave becomes filled with the dark side of the force (the Dark Side Cave from ESB).

Boba Fett will be the one who wastes Mace Windu in the last battle of the Clone Wars, to avenge Jango's death at the Battle of Geonosis. Darth Sidious will openly declare himself to the Jedi, and apparently he will also be involved ( :banana: finally! :banana: ) in a saber duel with an undisclosed opponent as well. It is rumoured that he will wield yet another new styled and oddly designed saber (which seems to be the thing about the prequels -- prequel bad guys always get the kewl sabers) which is also 'rumoured' to be something like a double-ended 'light-axe' (but note that these r just rumours). I hope the duel is with Yoda... hehe...

Soon after being seduced to the dark side by Dooku, Anakin will duel Obi-Wan, and though the cause of this duel is unknown, i am betting that it has something to do with either his wedding w/ Padme, Anakin blaming Obi-Wan for his mother's death, Obi sensing the dark side in Anakin then trying 2 bring him back -- but Anakin likes the power of the dark side and provokes a fight with Obi to see who the 'real master' is... and maybe, just maybe, it might have something to with Obi-Wan hiding Anakin's children from him.

After the duel, Anakin will be horribly wounded. Sidious saves him from certain death with the power of the dark side but from then on, Anakin must don the black suit to live. Whether he will single-handedly wipe out the remaining members of the Jedi Order, or use others at his disposal to hunt them down to the last padawan is beyond me, but it is known that a small but good portion of the film remains after Anakin becomes a Sith apprentice to Sidious, which will be centered around the final eradication of the Jedi Order, the end of the Old Republic, and the rise of the Empire, in which Palpatine will declare himself Emperor of the Galaxy.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2003
  9. Curufeanor

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ok, after spending an hour on the Super Shadow website, i guess the above thread MIGHT be wrong... there is still another 8 or 9 months before Ep3 even goes into filming -- plenty of time for Lucas to change some things. There is also a major discrepency in that Padme is killed in Ep3, cuz in the EU books (i dont remember the title but it involves Leia and the Nogohri), Luke and Leia discover the possibility that their mother might be alive. Of course the SW Universe is well known for the holes in the plot, the movies and EU alike.

10. dramag125

dramag125 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to burst your bubble but Episode 3 is already shot. All principal photography except for reshoots is done. The film is in the Post Production process and will be until it is released

11. Mububban

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    Curufeanor, where on earth did you hear all that? That's almost completely different to anything I've ever heard! Did you find it on the web or word of mouth?

12. Curufeanor

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    well i did hear that Yoda and Dooku were supposed to fight in the Dark Side cave, but all the other stuff was doubtful info in some of the other Ep3 spoiler forums (a 13 yr. old Boba killing the full blown Jedi Master Mace Windu - i didnt very well agree 2 that and im glad that doesn't happen). I am kinda disappointed the Yoda/Tyranus rematch wont happen (where does that Dark Side cave come from then?), and i really think Lucas should incorporate this into the film. Other than that, all i have to say is i wouldn't give complete faith in Super Shadow's site, cuz his Ep7 plot description (which Ep7's story has been abandoned from what ive heard) specifically states Anakin Solo as one of the lead characters, and that he and Ben Skywalker fought against dark jedi... This means Ep7 takes place AFTER the defeat of the Yuzhann Vong, but Anakin was killed pretty early in the books while the vong were in control of the galaxy. Besides, every rumour about the Prequel stories is usually different than the actual sequence of events once the film is released.

13. Winterine

Winterine Ranger-Bard

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    Sky - Pfeh. I read that stuff YEaRS ago ;) :D

SuperShadow is pretty good wth that stuff. I also have another source, which basically said the same stuff. My stuff was practically the same as Mubu's stuff, if I remember correctly. ;)

14. celebrimor

celebrimor Elven Jewel-smith

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well after i was the movie i thouight that it would open with a scene with anakin and his wife with luke and leih running around and amidala saying settle down children settle down but now i see this im not sure....

15. dwarf tosser

dwarf tosser "What the Deuce?"

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    How come all of the technolgy in the 1st 2nd and 3rd sw movies are much more advanced than the technolgy in 4,5, and 6?

-dt

16. Winterine

Winterine Ranger-Bard

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    Mebbe during the CLone Wars and all that, they destroyed a lot of the factories and producers of the good stuff, leaving only the stuff we see in ep 4, 5, 6? *shrugs*

17. Curufeanor

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The reason for the technology seeming to take a step back is because the galaxy is at war, and different cultures make different craft anywayz. The cruiser in the opening of Ep 1 was similar to the Republic cruiser seen in the opening scene of Ep 4 which transported Leia, as the Jedi Starfighter also resembled the A-Wing.

The original trilogy featured what seemed like low-tech x-wings and such, but that is because they were built quickly with no attention to style, made for efficiency, speed, and heavily armed and armored. A starfighter can be functional and more high tech without looking so. To make a long story short, in war the rebels didnt have time to make their ships look all snazzy and flashy and shiny. And most of the starfighters used by the rebellion r used A LOT, and that is why they look old.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2004
  18. Winterine

Winterine Ranger-Bard

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    *nodnod* Lots of salvaged bits stuck together in a hurry.

19. Ranger_of_Gondor

Ranger_of_Gondor Gondorian Defender

Massachusets(The mostly Anti-Bush state. Hooray!)
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Kinda like Sarumon in RotK. Of couse we have to wait for the Extended Edition for that.

20. Curufeanor

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ya, both of Christopher Lee's roles in both LotR and Ep 3 make it look like he gets the roo-kee-doo. He didn't even go to the RotK premiere cuz he got cut. I was kinda wantin Dooku to die in a re-match with Yoda. Where the hell does the dark side cave come from anywayz (i was thinkin his death was there, leaving behind a heavy concentration of the dark side there... darn rumors) ?