OOC Thread - RPG #9

Discussion in 'RPG #9 - The Five Dragons' started by Nienor, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai The Forsaken

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    954 ^_^

Respect your elders Sentinel. You too Windrider.

2. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Oh thanks, rub it in why don't you... :p By Sharana's standards, you're positively senile... HA! :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. Elan Morin Tedronai

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    As my dad says when I tell him he's getting old : "Yeah, by I could still kick your ass."

4. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    You think youre young LDH? im the one with an average human lifespan in this RPG.

Not being nice elves are you? remember you threatened me first, Jak was onyl there for a drink and you knocked him out like a common pickpocket. Oh well, it could be worse *posts* and now it is.

5. Sorcha

Sorcha Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Got my character up....please tell me if there are any problems with consistency, LDH :)

6. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, that's why I said I was young among the Elves.

Hey, you WERE complaining about the lack of posts... :p

Sorcha, nice character, and no, there aren't any problems with consistency. :)

7. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    i wasnt complaining, i was trying to keep this RPG alive, and you people had to hit me for it, thats the last time I try to do you a favour, maybe ill just rob you all blind.

8. Nienor

Nienor Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Clerics have very little money, Jak would be wasting his time. :monkeyass

9. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Sentinels don't have to pay for anything... I have little money too. :p

OK, Crusader, thanks for keeping the RPG alive... at least you DID manage to get four replies... :D

10. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    and let me guess, now that the forest elf isnt working for the king anymore he doesnt have that muhc money, pffft, I chose the wrong people to get knocked around by. Maybe that obsidian dagger is worth something.

Oh, another question, winged elves, do they have insect like wings or bird like wings?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2005
  11. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Bird-like... Sharana fletches her arrows with feathers from her own wings. :)

12. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    hmmm, thats a bit odd but okay.

13. Sorcha

Sorcha Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    I'm gonna be gone for the next two weeks :( exams and whatnot. I may have time for a post, but it's not very likely. Anyway, see yall then :)

14. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Got that idea from a book I read.

Anyway... Sorcha, that kinda sucks, but oh well, this RPG's probably going to drag on for a while, so there'll be plenty of time. Actually, my time's going to get limited too for a bit after this week (AP exams) so instead of staying up until 3-4 in the morning, I'll actually have to go to sleep. :p

15. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Kinda sad, but I just noticed that EMT gave me rep points... I almost never check my User CP. Anyway, thanks, and did your donation actually have a purpose? :)

16. Elan Morin Tedronai

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I dont think so, makes people happy though.

17. doleniel

doleniel Elven High Priestess

surrounded by idiots with no hope of escape
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I've come up with a race, but I need to explain some of a possible mythology for the culture that I have come up with for the time in between the birth of the dragons and the appearance of the gate. So, here goes:

In the beginning, there was the Tree, life embodied, and the Viod, full of the plentiful demons. The void sought to overcome the tree and, at first, had the advantage for while it had demons to send to destroy the tree, the tree was immoblie. When the tree first bloomed, it put into it's fruit life and sentience and thus the Dragons were born. However, the dragons proved to be unprolific. While they were good defenders of the tree, there were just not enough of them to hold off all of the demons. And so when next the tree bloomed, it again gave its fruit the gift of sentience and the Lodiath (see later race profile) were the result. The Lodiath were just as long-lived and magical as the dragons, but they were more prolific. However, they were more easily corrupted than the dragons and so a few turned to the void together with the demons created humans: a race almost as prolific as the demons, though short lived as a result, and open to the influence of the Void. This backfired, however, for they were equally open to the influence of the Tree. These joined the Lodiath and eventually they interbred, creating the elves, a race between the two. From these races, all sentient others evolved or were created. This was the Age of Myths, a time when the world was good and it seemed anything could happen. The world went on like this for millenia, with the forces of good and evil relatively balanced. Then came the Age of Darkness. Unbeknownst to the Tree, the Void was creating demons and hiding them for a time when it could overcome the Tree. The time came, and the battle went of for hundreds of years. The Void almost triumphed, but a last ditch alliance between the Dragons, Lodiath, good humans, and Elves managed to overcome the Demons, bad humans, and orcs, a race of human-demon crossbreeds, and imprison them in the Void. The tree decided that it was time to seperate itself form the world of the living races and created another plane of existence, to which it slowly faded as it left the first plane. It also created the gods to patrol the ethereal plane and protect the tree from any demons that would manage to come through. The disappearance of the tree marks the end of the Age of Darkness. The surviving followers of the tree dubbed the new age the Age of Sorrows, so named because they thaought that the tree had been destroyed. This is the current Age, though the reason for the name has long been lost. Because the people were left on their own, the influence of the demons grew again stronger, though they were not able to do as much as before from their prison, and the people, now mostly humans, became more wicked. After approximately 1000 years, the tree saw that its influence was again needed and caused the Nine Stars to fall and create the Star Gate. Because no demons had made it to the ethereal plane, it sent the Gods to guide ther people. Most followed them, and the old ways of the Tree were lost. this brings us to the current day.

And now for my race:

The Lodiath are one of the oldest races, and they are very long lived and more difficult to kill than the other races. It is suspected that some of the Firstborn of the Tree survive still. As Treechildren, they are very beautiful and, apart from the obvious defferencs needed for reproductive purposes, they are fairly androgynous. They have delicate gossamer wings, almost invisible in bright light, for the firstborn needed some way to slow their fall to the earth from the high branches of the tree when they first Fruited. When born, their skin is snow white but as they grow older, it darkens. After about five centuries, it is an ashy, deep blue-black. Their hair comes in varying colors, but it is always very pale, not far off of white. Their eyes are usually some shade of green, but those with the gift of Sight shift between their usual green and silver. They are of small stature (about five feet, never taller than six). Being one of the oldest races, they are gifted in magic. They and the dragons are allies and they follow the ways of the Ring of Five and the Tree. In the War of Darkness, they were almost destroyed and were forced to go into hiding to live, and have been seen by few since. The dragons are the only race that knows they still live and in the 1400 years since the end of the War, they have faded into legend. They have a general dislike for humans because it was their human allies that unintentionally caused their downfall. Overall, they are a benevolent race. It is suspected that bored young Lodiath in search of adventure sparked the legends of Faeries.

18. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Doleniel, this is really awesome! I ought to get you to do all my racial profiles... meh...

Just one thing's a bit unclear. Dragons and demons are utter opposites, but are Lodiath good (dragons), evil (demons), or in between with the gift of free choice?

19. doleniel

doleniel Elven High Priestess

surrounded by idiots with no hope of escape
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    They have the gift of free choice, but it is very rare for one to not side with good.

20. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Nice lots of history gettign thrown in there.

I had a weird idea after the current goings on of the RPG maybe a good start for an additional character/s i want later.

A short summary would be: A society of winged elves who have taken the common sky elf disdain for groundwalkers too far aswell as elvish arrogance. Their belief is that the ground exists to serve the sky, and as crops are grown from it to feed them, all that is born of the ground is theirs by right. (this may link it to some other new god, the god of the sky, i think there already is one but if not ill make one up). Their base of operations is an ancient temple on a distant island out in the sea, dedicated to the god of the skies, and as an homage it is bulild suspended above a huge crater by massive angled collums. The island is mostly fertile but below the temple is a deep swamp. This swamp produces potent gas that is siphoned off by an ancient system into the temple and fuels over a hundred never wavering fires incudign a huge one at the apex of the temple.
    After the society (ill make up a name) had taken up residence there they dscovered the real potential of this gas aswell as its true origin. The swamp was the flooded burial ground of thousands upon thousands of sacrifices made to this sky god, many of them human, their festerng corpses releasing this gas as they decay. And the sky elves use it for remarkable purposes. Capturing it through one extinguished fire, they fill up massive roughly made baloons of leather and whatever else they can find to make it air tight. Using the power of this they have created a dozen or so sky-boats (imagine hot air baloons but wiht a much bigger basket, like a house or wicker and wood, this gas is much lighter than most others so it can suspend remarkable weight).
    this society has taken its view so far, they have begun to wage war on the earth and all groundwalkers, already they have conquered much territory, their sky-boats flying higher than arrow range making it easier for them to win. Winged warriors easily slayign dozens of ground walkers. Arrows fired and rocks dropped from these sky-boats make walls no matter. They take groundwalkers as slaves and often take some to be sacrificed at their temple to perpetuate their strength.
    They are toelrating of windriders but less so of other elves, anything else born of the ground is theirs.

not really a short summary but i think its cool, the sky-boats may be a little far fetched but hey, i could probably leave it out, besudes this is just an idea, one no one has to pay attention to, one i might not even use as i have a tendecy to stick with the one character, we could just leave it in the background for a little thematic depth.