OOC Thread - RPG #9

Discussion in 'RPG #9 - The Five Dragons' started by Nienor, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Sorcha

Sorcha Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Thank you LDH :)

2. doleniel

doleniel Elven High Priestess

surrounded by idiots with no hope of escape
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Heh, I think you and I were having similar ideas, Sorcha ;)

I have sort of an idea for a race, one that would follow the seer dragon and revere those with "the sight" *insert sparkly hands*. I Haven't really thought it out throughly, but they are very long lived (on par with elves), they have blue-black skin (no, I'm not thinking of Drow, I just though it might be nice to have some long lived race that is not elves) and are fairly reclusive. They also follow the ways of the Tree, the ways that were around before the gate showed up, and they somewhat look down upon those who follow the new ways.

I also have a question: if the Blessed are also known as the Dragons-Blessed, how is it that the Dragons have not made contact with any other race?

3. Sorcha

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    lol...that was great :D

We were thinking close to the same lines...great minds :D I wasn't really thinking of another race though...I just dunno lol.

4. doleniel

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Well, I use the sparkly hand gesture alot, and it just seemed appropriate. . .

5. Senekha

Senekha <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    Hey hey, this sounds interesting. I like how it's a new world, and we won't have to worry about corresponding events in some book or another.

I'm thinking that I'll join, though my schedule now is more hectic than ever, so count me in. :) I think I"ll create a Windrider persona.

6. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Crusader, hopefully either Nienor or Sorcha will create a facts and history thread. I suppose we can ask... :)

Nienor or Sorcha, could you please create a facts and history thread?

Doleniel, I think I warned everyone that I wrote the RPG at midnight. :p I forgot to include that the Dragons-blessed were named after the dragons (legendary creatures, or so most thought), who supposedly a fanatical devotion to duty. While the dragons have not actually made contact with people as dragons, they shape-shifted into human forms or that of elves. And just to throw in a bit of mystery, no one really knows how the name was created. Maybe someone discovered the dragons for what they were and created a group of the Dragons-blessed. Or maybe the person liked the legends of dragons. All in all, it's a little more entertaining having speculation (at least IMO). Hope THAT got cleared up too... :)

Senekha, that's awesome! As soon as you have a character, post it in the character profile and jump right in.

7. Draconis

Draconis Dragon Kin Mage

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Dear Lady, I am thinking of joining if you will alow this.

Anyway would a race of Dragonkin(think small humanoid and sized Dragonoids) work? I have a picture as my avitar. They could have come through the Star gate.

Idea:
    Dragonkin/Dracatai
    About six to eight foot tall with scale color ranging from black all the way through the colors to white. Males have small backswept horns on their heads while the females do not have horns.
    Their sosiety is highly miltaristic and they exsell at the arts of war. As a race they are mostly Nutral Good.

8. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    LDH anyone can create threads if you want to, although in this area its best to ask permission, just click the 'create thread' button above the subforum title and make it how you want.

Also, these dragon blessed, how long ago was it they we're appointed by the dragons (if thats how it was). because in the first post of history and things it seems they founded the blessed, was that recently or hundreds of years past?

9. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    To answer Crusader first, the Blessed are a fairly recent order, and have been around for only five or six decades.

As for creating a thread, I thought that maybe a mod should create it... but oh well, I'll create one after it's an approved idea.

Draconis, while I like your race, the problem is that I've already created a race of dragons. And as for coming through the Star Gate, I've decided to have only divine beings come through the Star Gate, as it is a site of immense power. Very few people could survive passing through it. However, you could choose to be a shape-shifted dragon, or create a race similar to the dragons, rather like how I have Forest Elves, Winged Elves, and Windriders. They're all Elves, but different, and if you'd like to do the same with dragons, please post the idea here.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2005
  10. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    And yet again more questions:

What are theses demons like, tall short? sharp? blunt? ugly? or ranging between it all. Also, the sentinels have this medailion or whatever it is to signify themselves, anything else? uniform? and do the blessed have similar standards? talking of that, do they have standards/flags?

11. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    You're a merciless questioner, Crusader.... :p. Just kidding.

Demons can look like anything and everything, often taking on illusions to suit their own purposes. However, unlike the dragons, their shape is nothing but illusion.

All Sentinels have the Star Medallion, and I'd also like to note that each Sentinel takes a "star" name when initiated, for example: Palestar, Riverstar, Starflight, Eveningstar, Silentstar, etc. All of these are up for grabs, except for Starflight, because that's my character's :). They also often have a brooch to signify their status as a Sentinel, but unlike the Star Medallion, is not required. There are no uniforms. Their normal standard that they display to others is a simple ring of stars in the sky, but they have another, private standard used only for secret messages, and that is the symbol of the Well of Stars. The Sentinels fly this standard over Starhaven, the city-stronghold of the Sentinels. While no one is required to show their emblem on their clothing, some choose to do so.

The Blessed have a ring to signify their status and nothing else, although their symbol is an eight-rayed sun upon a white field with a golden sword underneath the sun. They are required to use this standard only when on official business or in battle, although like the Sentinels, some choose to embroider their clothing with the emblem.

12. Sorcha

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Well, just so you know, I'm not a mod...but Nienor is an admin. :) But anyway, you don't need approval to start that really. It's a great idea :D Alot of the others aren't this in depth.

Also, I think my character might be some sort of dragon...there seems to be an opening for one...or something close to the dragons anyway.

13. doleniel

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Just to let everyone know, I'm going to Washington DC for a band competition tomorrow and will be getting back Sunday, so I'll be offline for the next few days.

14. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Wow, Doleniel, good luck!

Sorcha, you might not be a mod, but you still have the mod "aura" :p. Anyway.... I'll run along and create a facts/history thread now.

15. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    okay i think we should post into the facts and histroy thread what we've already established, the first post would be good as a frame of reference for the history (with maybe dates added for reference). Also we could start factfiles on the existing groups and races.

Alos any pictures people care to make or find (that fit the context like the one i found for Belraad) would be nice, mayve someone could put together a map aswell, alll good fantasyu stories have a map.

16. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    I'll leave the picture stuff in your capable hands.

As for compiling what we've already established, if someone else wants to do that, go ahead, if you don't, I guess I'll have to. I'll get around to posting the dates later today (it's kind of 3:00 in the morning right now), as well as adding a bit more detailed racial profile. I'll probably do that today in school.

By the way, isn't anyone gonna answer Crusader's post? I decided to be nice and polite and give other people a chance to respond...

17. Draconis

Draconis Dragon Kin Mage

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Idea:
    Dragonkin/Dracatai
    About six to eight foot tall with scale color ranging from black all the way through the colors to white. Males have small backswept horns on their heads while the females do not have horns. Winged but un able to fly, they can glide and soar on thermals. No breath weapons but a high afinity for elemental magic. This race was created by the Great Dragons to act as protectors for their less prolific cousins and to shield the wild from the demons.
    Due to the fact that they are relitively new to this world they have done well and driven back several Demon assalts on their home. Their sosiety is highly miltaristic and they exsell at the arts of war. As a race they are mostly Nutral Good. Note: Male and female both act as fighters and mages.

Any way I was thinking of these guys as sort of antidemon as far as a warior race....

If no one thinks this will work I will most likely try for a Dragon PC...

18. Sorcha

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Hehe, that's what I was going for ofc ;) j/k

Good luck dol!

19. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Theyre all afraid of the fearsome outlaw, so its understnadable that no one has posted.

20. Senekha

Senekha <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    Ah, you just wait for Siobhann.

I posted my char bio in the bio thread, but I haven't much time (as per usual), so I won't be able to post for another day or two.

just a note - I'll be posting some of my artwork in Epilogue.net within the next couple weeks, and when I do, I'll give you guys a link. I've got some pics of some of my previous RP chars, and characters from my own stories. I think I"ll draw one of Siobhann soon, so I"ll post it as well.

btw - if anyone else draws/paints, I'd be willing to do a character trade :wink: :wink: I've always wanted to try that.

Anywho.....I'd better be signing off now. Ciao