OOC Thread - RPG #9

Discussion in 'RPG #9 - The Five Dragons' started by Nienor, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Nienor

Nienor Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Put your out of character thoughts and discussions here.

2. Nienor

Nienor Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    I'd like to join this RPG, LadyDragonHeart. :)

3. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    "the Void. The Void was a total absence of wholesome life (it contained demons, corrupted life)"

um, isnt a void by deifnition empty........:p

4. doleniel

doleniel Elven High Priestess

surrounded by idiots with no hope of escape
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Wow, that was one of the better RP beginnings I have read, may I join?

5. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Wow. this got made really fast... Thanks Nienor!

As for joining, this is going to be an open RPG for a while, especially since I deliberately made this into a huge world so that lots of people could play. So yes, as of right now, anyone can join, provided they post here saying that they want to, because otherwise my poor little brain will get confused if I suddenly see a character I've never seen :p.

Lol, thanks for pointing that out. I don't think very well at midnight, evidently... I had the idea in my head and I wanted to write it down before I forgot about it. I looked it over, didn't find anything wrong, so... :)

6. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Another note: As I read over the introduction, I noticed that I forgot to add that Zahramael's abbreviated form was Zahra.

7. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    hey i was just joking about the void, metaphorically the definition is fine (void, totally empty of all things good, see, works fine).

I'd like to join this but ive not got an idea for a character yet.

8. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Lol, kk, take your time.

And I knew you were joking about the Void... that's why I posted. If you were serious, I would have ignored you. :p

9. Sorcha

Sorcha Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    I think I may join this one....it's a really good intro :) That is, if I can come up with a character.

10. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Okay, ive got a general idea now, but before i finalise it i need to know more about this world.

In general what races, culture, level of technology they have. Id also like to know more about the two groups, sentinells and the blessed, how theyre organised, their duties etc. and anything else you think is of importance.

(I cant be specific or it may spoil one of the ideas ive got).

oh yes, and is the end of your last post a not-so-subtle prompt for someone else to join

11. Nynaeve

Nynaeve <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><

Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -0
    Wow! Impressive start! :)

12. Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai The Forsaken

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Yes, this seems like fun. I'd like to join, although, Im a little confused (theres alot to take in). I take it from your LDH's post that the Sentinel's have sent out a call for adventurers to join them in the fight ? Or did I read it wrong. Anyway, count me in, but Im not gonna make a character until I learn more.

Btw, excellent intro, very original and creative.

13. Elan Morin Tedronai

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Okay, I made a character, and a post, but if any of it is wrong, feel free to tell me, and I'll change it straight away. Here is my character bio.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2005
  14. Sorcha

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Wanna start a character thread like we have in #5?

15. Elan Morin Tedronai

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Yeh, good idea Sorcha. Makes everyones characters easy to find for a quick reference.

16. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Wooow..... lots and lots of questions...

Races and cultures--while I've set up three so far, the Sky Elves, the Forest Elves, and the dragons, please feel free to create your own races. I thought it'd be fun if everyone could create some races, although I'd like to keep it fairly small so that everyone can keep them straight. As for technology, this isn't very advanced. Liandrah's people rely more on magic than science, so assumre it to be Middle Ages or maybe a little later, around the time of the Renaissance.

Sky Elves: Sky Elves are divided into two groups, Winged Elves and Windriders. Both are very arrogant and look down upon "groundwalkers". However, Winged Elves have wings, while Windriders tame flying creatures (gryphons, rocs, etc.) and train them. They're distant kin to the Forest Elves, but don't really have too much to do with them, although they are allies.

Forest Elves: Forest Elves tend to be fairly reclusive and more concerned with protecting their homeland than anything else. When people decide that they want to have an adventure, they often leave home, and sometimes don't come back, deciding that the "world outside" suits them better. While not as arrogant as the Sky Elves, they tend to ignore troubles that don't concern them

Dragons: the mysterious dragons have never yet been seen, and are considered only legend. Their natural gift is in the shaping of matter, so they are shape-shifters and often craftsmen because they can shape the material in their hands. For centuries, they have done nothing but observe the other people, preferring to not interfere in history. Now, faced with the threat of Cy'dath and Ki'dasva, they have begun to breach their isolation, although their overtures are still tentative. They have not made contact with other races yet, but it's inevitable.

Sentinels: the Sentinels recruit people of all races, and are a highly respected group. If a person is chosen as a candidate, he/she is thought to be very special, and no one protests when the child or adult is taken away to be trained. They tend to select younger people, although they have occasionally trained adults. They are either trained in magic or weapons (though sometimes both), depending on their aptitude and their abilities. All of their efforts go towards keeping the Star Gate safe from the Children of Chaos (servants of Cy'dath and Ki'dasva). However, they also hunt down demons, but the Blessed are more anti-demon while the Sentinels' slogan is "The Star Gate must be protected at all costs."

The Blessed: In the beginning, the Blessed were personally recruited by gods themselves, but now, either Priests or the Blessed recruit them. They focus on trying to protect the land and the people rather than the Star Gate. Demons are their mortal enemies. Again, the Blessed, like the Sentinels, are highly respected, if more beloved. The Sentinels tend to be more aloof than the Blessed.

And as for the joining thing... lol, I was kidding. For some reason, everyone takes me seriously when I'm joking, and think I'm joking when I'm serious... :p

Yes, the Sentinels are recruiting more people (I thought that would be an interesting way to start this off), so your post is perfectly correct. At the moment, I don't have too much on the Forest Elves, so feel free to add characteristics, and if I feel that it doesn't fit in with this RPG, I'll tell you.

Anyway... pretty awesome! Lots of people want to join this RPG, and it got created only yesterday. :) And thanks for the compliments on my intro.

17. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    hey its a nice intro, generally RPGs tend to start on single person interactions, but this one starts with a nice bit of epic history like all good fantasy stories, its a good start to what could be a great RPG.

And if all is well im going to jump right in when I feel the time is right.

the technology question was just because my character uses a crossbow, thats also collapsable. Not to advanced but if we're talking middle ages it shouldnt be too bad.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2005
  18. Sorcha

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Ok...my turn, I have a couple of questions. Are dragons at the level of gods? Cause I'm thinking that if they are, my character worships "the old gods." Also, are there any other dragons left, aside from the 5 mentioned? Thanks! :)

19. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    No problem, my pleasure to answer the questions… that means people are interested! :)

The dragons are a highly magical, sentient race, but can be killed and are not immortal, although long-lived. While not precisely divine, they do have greater powers than most other races, but they pay the price by being few in number. They don’t have children very often, so each child is cherished. There aren’t too many dragons left, due to a decreasing population growth and demon attacks. The five I mentioned are the dragon gods, five beings with the greatest power of all. However, they have a closer relationship with their followers, unlike the old gods (Ærian, Dalin, etc.), who speak only to their chosen Priests/Priestesses. Hope that answered your questions.

Oh yeah, about the “creating races” thing… please post ideas in here before posting in the actual RP thread. Should we create a “races” thread too?

20. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    We should start up a facts and history thread. Back in the day every RPG on this site was meant to be in one fantasy world called Elysium (that kinda fell through) I made one so people wouldnt get confused over things. I think it would do well to have one here as this is probably a muhc more in depth RPG.

Basically the appendices for the story, wheres what, whos who, who does what, what is who and so forth. maybe we could throw a map in, and history for races, places, people.