OOC Thread - RPG #4

Discussion in 'RPG #4 - Secrets of the Void' started by Nienor, Sep 3, 2004.

1. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    It would be hilarious...a 3ft bug making a riot!

2. Draconis

Draconis Dragon Kin Mage

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    True, but I would need a lot more fire power. Unless some one wants to hand him a rail gun or ion cannon or some such weapon, I will advocate geting out of there.

3. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Nah just use a nuke...no seriously I'm sure your buddies will help...but actually Crusader getting rid of them for us...so no matter....time to do business with the pilot...ME!

4. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Actually Draconis, to confirt things an Ion cannon isnt always a super weapon, nor is it like an EMP device. Ive done a lot of physics and I can tell you, the average sci-fi energy guns firing blue or red shots (the best example of this I could possibly think of would be the guns in 'the 6th day', crap film, cool guns) IS an ion cannon of some kind. High grade atomic gas bursts sent through a minor particle accelerator fires a shot that almost melts most matter, ionising it (blasting away atoms using the super forces of electromagnetism, thats the same thing that turns people into puddles when they jump of very high rooftops, this process is used today to sharper surgical tools to atomic sharpness) and thus blowing a big ass hole in someone. One thing to note is that a good armour or shield against this is electrified metal, the energy of the electricity dispersing the ions back into atoms before they can do that to you. Also Ion gases can likely be recharged, air filters taking in smaller atoms and recombinitng them into super large atoms and an electric field to ionis them to a damaging level. All that needs is air and power to shoot deadly shots. Higher powered ion weaponry would usually be of higher caliber (larger electon outer shell reduced less than half way to take more electorns from the body of the subject) atoms/ions. Grade D ion weaponry could create depp burns on a subjects skin, about a centimetre in (note these are not actual burns, but are obliterations of the surface particals, meaning no quarterisation and thus a lot of bleeding) and could be disbursed by hitting any electtical equipment or a small battery. Grade A, heavy Ion weaponry could blow a hole through any man and probably two or three more aswell as a wall or a ship hull. It would take a very large electricity generator pumping all its power into a metal wall to stop one shot of that. Recharging a class A wepaon would take an hour or so for a few shots, for a handheld device, A ship or tank mounted Grade A cannon would probably have enough tech to rechareg in half that time.

There you have it. Ion weaponry summarised, I could probably build one myself with the right equipment and a nuclear generator. Lasers dont work for guns, thrust me unless you want to read that much text again about lasers. Dailans assault rifle is an ion weapon, aswell as his pistols. They dont need reloading but after extensive use they become weaker and stop unless given time to recharge.

Just to note aswell. Dailan also has ten Francium (thats a real chemical) cored throwing darts with dissolving tips. Very dangerous weapons in the wrong hands. (you could make them easily today if Francium were readily available)

5. Ender-Zero

Ender-Zero Ruff Mercenary

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    Oh this is fun!

6. DarkElv22-JJ

DarkElv22-JJ Your opponent

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

well khyradons armor is gold and silver(you know the color) the material is actually quite strong.

7. DarkElv22-JJ

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    yea sure i guess this is fun ender

8. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    just hope we don't fight any mechs or things to that effect

9. Ender-Zero

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    i think we will be Dack ole pal, I personaly want to acually. we could hack it and make it our own or fry its curcits

10. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Actual the brain is the most electically active part of the body. The entire human nueral system is a biological relay of electro-chemical impulses. The brain is likely the most adapted part of the body to carry an electric shock. Whether it would erase memory engrams in the nueral pathways, or other forms of damage, the brain could likely stand more electricity damage than the rest of the body. People who die of electricution suffer masssive internal burning but other than that the body takes little damage from electricity.

11. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    well like he said he was bluffing, not many people understand physics

12. Ender-Zero

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    Ok think of it like this Crusader, the Brain let's say is like a light bulb. say it can stand about 10 volts, cause I thinks its something 10 volts of watts or something that it can stand. Now imagine sending 100 watts or volts into that bulb, it's gonna get fried or burn out, or perhaps even explode.

But he was still bluffing.

13. DarkElv22-JJ

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    guys who cares....cruasader your good at debating just....let him say things. and ender who cares.

14. Ender-Zero

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    It doesn't matter who cares you baka i'm just telling Crusader what I know as facts.

15. DarkElv22-JJ

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    what the hell does baka mean? something in japanese? bud you shouldnt be usin cuss words with me i prob know something to call you pretty damn bad.

anyways i thought it was dumb how crusader had to argue with the brain deal and you could have said just dont worry about it or something....i dunno i thought it was just pointless.

dont call me a baka dude.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2004
  16. Ender-Zero

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    lol baka isn't a bad word it means idiot. if it makes you feel any better JJ i'm a baka all the time.

17. Draconis

Draconis Dragon Kin Mage

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Stulti Populi (Foolish People), can we get back to talking about RPG instead of arguing and such?

Any way on Psyonics, how much force does it take on a human brain to disable it? AKA, would the psyonic force capable of moving smallish objects aplide to the controle center of the brain just disable or would it kill?

18. Ender-Zero

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    This RPG is gggggreat! Let's kill some more people!!! So uh Dack wanna post what we're gonna do anytime soon? Or maybe tell me on AIM?

19. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Its Watts by the way and for another time, I shall explain the situation with my vast intelect, because there is no other reason for me to explain the topics other than me showing off my knowledge (that should explain why I said all the stuff before darky).

The lightbuld and the brain are worlds apart. Thats th reason why people who put lightbulbs in their heads instead of brains tend to die....a lot. It is common practice in extreme cases of metal illness and depression for doctors to subject patients to ECT. Electro-Convulsion-Therapy, in which doctors send huge amounts of electricity through the brain of the patient in order to do something (on a side note i find thins immoral and like all nuerology so far it is the equivilant of hitting the TV with a hammer if it doesnt work). What I'm trying to say is that electricity does not harm the brain, it may rewrite engrams but that is not physical harm. The body can take electricity well (if youve ever gone to a sheep field that had electric fences and made links with your friends you'll know its a show, but your hand doesnt get burned.

The only damage electricity can make to the body is if there is far too much of if and the flesh acts as a resistor and overheats, the transference of energy literally burn the internal organs and cooks you to death, this is what the electric chair does to your brain.

However the amount of electricity needed to go beyond this damaging point is incredibly high, it would be similar to the amount in lightning and enough to burn the rest of the body. the brain being an organ designed to utilise electro-chemical impulses is the part of the body most likely to survive an electric shock anharmed, but no unaltered. An elecro-pulse like the one your character uses ender, would only kill the brain if it was enough to say, char their bodies to cinders, Detroy all electrical equipment in the room and rival lighning in its voltage. Needless to say even in that case the electricity does nothin in its self, only the vast amount of heat in it damages the brain.

20. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    well I got what we're doing posted and a possible introduction for Met's character