OOC Thread - RPG #16

Discussion in 'RPG # 16 - Barteris' started by Nienor, May 11, 2006.

1. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    yeah, I'm ready to get moving

2. Darth Qui-gon

Darth Qui-gon Man its good to be back

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    im glad, cause we are all in town, lol

3. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, and I'm gonna demonstrate some of Cambei's non-combat abilities here soon, hope you don't mind being in prison for a bit longer

4. Darth Qui-gon

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    ahh who cares, not like im goin anywhere, lol

5. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    long post again... tell me if i portrayed anyone incorrectly!!!!

6. LadyRaven

LadyRaven Sanzo's girl

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Ok I have a problem That I need a vote on. I'm just letting you all know in here just incase and I will explain more in the Vote thread

7. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    what's the problem????

8. LadyRaven

LadyRaven Sanzo's girl

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I just posted in Votes..and now I'm feeling like the bigest JERK on the face of this planet.

I just couldn't hold this in anylonger and I had to express how fast this RP is moving and how it is making me feel anylonger. from what I am seeing everyone is trying to jump into action and not giving anyone a chance to even put up a post that will fit into the RP. It has goten me so upset and fustrated that I have not been able to have anyfun with the RP or even enjoy it. Intruth I am so upset by how qui8ckly peopl are moving it that I am beging to consider writeing my self out because no one is giveing anyone a chance to pots in the RP';s curent time frame..and I realy realy realy do NOT wnat to do that!

9. Gil-Galad_360

Gil-Galad_360 Aran Noldorin

Mirkwood, keeping the woods free of Morgoth's mini
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I'm actually going to wait until you and Winter post.

Another issue that I was considering was that we could still post at this rate, but at least slow the plot a little bit; I've also felt like if this was a race or something, but it doesn't mean that my golden dream is having one post per month.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2006
  10. Wolf star *

Wolf star * I walk alone.

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I don't have time to Wright up a post right now. But I Try when I can to wait until every one has a chance to get one up before I go again

11. Darth Qui-gon

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Meanwhile everyone knows where to find me, lol

12. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    :D hey... couldn't you just dissapear into the shadows of the cell and reapear somewhere else???? or... it that trick more of an illusion....?

13. Luther_the_Great

Luther_the_Great The Amazing

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I was busy last night so I was not able to see the vote held last night until it was already over.

Whoa everyone, lets slow down and think about this. Can anyone tell me what was accomplished in this vote we just had? What was the final decision? To slow down? What does that mean? Sounds more like a statement of concern than a guideline. How do you follow that? How do you enforce that? How do you even know when people aren't going slow. Slow to me might mean fast to someone else. Or it might depend on the situation. So what this really means is that that vote accoplishes next to nill, because it doesn't have a clear meaning. I'm not against the idea of slowing down, but when you put it up to a vote, you need to be clear and exact in what you want.

Also, I don't see a problem with posting out of chronological order. An RP is a story told from different perspectives. Can anyone tell me how you can fit 8 different perspectives on one event into a story so that everyone can stay in chronological order. I would hope not, otherwise we have some really freaky people here. When one person moves the plot ahead, another person can take the opportunity to fill in their perspective on matters leading up to that point. It isn't hard, and we have been doing just that. Now I'm not saying that moving a plot too fast is not a problem. But problems like that are best taken care of with communication.

If someone wants to have time to post at any given point, tell us. We need to know so we can accomodate you. We want to accomodate you, this isn't a race. If we have posts to make, we are willing to wait. If someone disregards your request, then ask them why they did it and remind them to check the OOC before posting.

Lastly, regulating limits on how many times people can post per day is so combersome and potentially destructive to the RP. We want to promote freedom here. Along with that freedom we need to promote responsibility in what we post. Raven I agree that posts are made without consideration for others who might want to post. However, we need to think of creative ways around these problems.

Now I know that this sounds like lecturing or like I am ticked off, but I'm not. I just want us to remember not to over react when we get upset. Talk to someone about it first. Then you can over react :p. By the way, I am not slighting anyone's problems here, I am just promoting communication before action is taken.

14. Luther_the_Great

Luther_the_Great The Amazing

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Anyway, back to the fun stuff. I am hoping that you guys are not trying to get kicked out of another town. As long as Kabora stays hidden, which he is more than capable of doing). There will be no need to run from the town when the jail burns down. We want some delicacy here :p. People need time to think, talk, and have a few adventures (not all adventures involve cataclysmic events). So lets have some fun in Daitly for a few actual days. Just a thought

15. LadyRaven

LadyRaven Sanzo's girl

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Well I must appoligise for if I went overbord last night.... I tend to get a little overly emotional over the smallest things (and you better not say a word Wolfy :balrog: ...I know you know me better than anyone in here, lol)

I had just learned that a close family member who was dying of canser had just taken a horrible turn for the worst last friday. I was well awair that we were heading into town when I was chatting with Luther and after I had read the post that came after his brinning us to the Jail I began working on a post with us talking with the Jailbird and as I was about to post that I saw that someone else had us leaving the Jail and there was no way that I could re-format my post in such a short amout of time (RL sux) and I was deeply hurt but what I took as Inconsidert posting although they were exclent post!

I know that we have said that we needed to slow down once before. But from how quickly we were still moving it was looking more and more like it went in one ear and strate out the other ( :rolleyes: My moms old saying). All I wanted to do was bring what I saw as a porblem to everyone's attenion and get their input on what should be done in the form of a vote.

Anyway I have finanly finished of the Hystory part of my charicters Bio and I wanted to know if it looked alright to all of you before I put it up with the rest of my Bio. Oh and Niz I was thinking about if we could have Raven and Fen by some coincidence be created in the same Lab? let me know what you think about it.

History Part 1: Confidental Lab file,
    Year known- 3300, payment receved to begin Project Raven. DNA, taken from top military personel to biologicaly create the ulitmate assassin. After three years of unmentionable failures a health baby girl was born. Subject age three; The subject is growing at a slightly abnormal normal human rate. She is now learning at the rate of a six year old child we have begun the prosses of teaching the the subject the spesified fighting skills that were given to us upon order. Subject age ten; Things are going better than we had planned. The subject has now compleated all military trainning and is now ready for delivery to North Fort. Final Log word was just recived that after six years Subject was given her first command to take out target and failed to compleat mishion. It is rummered that Subject had defected from objective and is now considered Fugitive. Orders given by North Fort that Subject is a high security risk and must be elimanated onsight.
    Hystory, part 2: After reciving orders to take out an entiare family of a powerful man. Raven excaped the armed personel that was excorting her out from North Fort and took refuage in The Great Woods and was taken in by a small group of elves that live there. For many years Raven has lived on the run not knowing if or when the men she excaped from will find and kill her.

LR

16. Darth Qui-gon

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

well i cant teleport if thats what you mean, i can just disappear, so i guess it would be an illusion more than anything, i just basically go invisible. i cant walk through walls or bars, lol

17. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    and Raven, that would be kool about the lab thing... it would make her and Fen more like sisters then they first imagined.

18. Gil-Galad_360

Gil-Galad_360 Aran Noldorin

Mirkwood, keeping the woods free of Morgoth's mini
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    The group must spend a few days in Daitly, so I must ask of you: please no riots or burning down the city.

19. Winterine

Winterine Ranger-Bard

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    A few things...Sorry for the late vote...
    GOD yes! :eek: I couldn't have said it better myself. I was hoping for that talk between Rapture and Raven to happen before anyone else found out any more about either women, but seeing as how far we've progressed since my last post, all I can say is "Um, should I just bow out now, or where can I actually fit in again?" In other words, you're not the only one freaking out about the pacing of events, LR.

Re: Raven's history. You know, (and it doesn't surprise me at all) this is almost identical to what I was thinking of, but never set in concrete because I wasn't sure how I'd fit it in this particular RP. And since it's Raven AND Fen who are both coming from that kind of angle, I suppose I won't head that way and just stick with the generic plan I had for (this modified version of) Rapture and play it more or less by ear... :(

Nizati - I've left the door wide open for Fen to react to what she just saw/experienced. Hope you don't mind how I've portrayed Fen. :)

And just to clarify - Rapture does actually want to talk to everyone else in the group at some stage too, so please don't brush her off if you're going to RP her! But she might not be very forthcoming with information about herself. And just to clarify, at this stage she likes Raven, is intruiged by Fen, and is more or less neutral to everyone else (since she doesn't really know them :rolleyes: ).

Last edited: Jun 3, 2006
  20. Winterine

Winterine Ranger-Bard

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    ^ On that note, I have a minor issue to vote on as well. (Did I read right that we only post the actual vote outcome in the votes thread?)

For those of us (ie. probably mostly me at the moment) who don't have too regular internet access, would it be possible to start an Updates OOC thread or something for everyone to post once a week or so which basically says BRIEFLY:
    - where their character is (location), and where they've been if relevant
    - any significant things their character has recently said or done
    - anything new about the character that should be "common knowledge" to the other characters
    - the character's current status/how they feel towards others/what they plan to do next if relevant etc etc
    or something to that effect? And, if applicable, post on behalf of multiple characters (eg "Cambei, Fen and NPCBob are at a bar; they've just killed a rabid dog; NPCBob got bitten and is about to attack Cambei; Fen has a new blue shirt; Cambei and Fen hate the rest of the group at the moment because they abandoned them to go shopping and they plan to get revenge when the opportunity next arises")

This would just help to clarify things like where the group (or individuals) are, and stuff like that and hopefully minimise misunderstandings (baths anyone?). Of course, if I'm the only one who feels it will help, just tell me and I'll just do it the old-fashioned way.

Thoughts?

Search tags for this page

aeshen pants