OOC Thread - RPG #16

Discussion in 'RPG # 16 - Barteris' started by Nienor, May 11, 2006.

1. Luther_the_Great

Luther_the_Great The Amazing

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hey Winter, as you know this is a post apocalyptic RP. There are a few things about your character that seem to be somewhat of a problem. There is very little organization in any type of government. We are talking war-lords, city states, and only a few actually countries. There is no big global agency of any kind on Barteris. As for law enforcement, you don't have enough stability to have anything above a group of vigilantes, such as the "police" in Hell's Kitchen.

Also, we are trying to law low on the technology as much as possible. So while we have strayed into the realm of high tech from time to time, we try to keep it low. For instance, no one has anything more complex than a gun, and even guns are a rarity on Barteris. So while a tight fitting suit is not out of the question, a super futuristic, computerized suit needs some explanation on a planet like Barteris.

Finally, I think this one is a bit too overwhelming in the power area. It is a bit much to be able to scan a crowd of people and find out what a bunch of people are thinking at any given point in time. It is also a bit much to know exactly what someone is about to do and also have the ability to be untouchable. This character is also incredibly strong, fast, and impossibly undetectable. I'm not a fan of invincibility, omniscience, and absolute stealth. It just seems to me like she can and will do whatever she wants. Now it is possible to make a character very powerful but it requires a lot to do it successfully in an RP.

I would say that if we could limit the psychic stuff to Jedi level, it would be more than enough.

But I like the way your character looks, and her personality fits in well enough. I think she could work well in this RP with a few minor modifications.

2. Gil-Galad_360

Gil-Galad_360 Aran Noldorin

Mirkwood, keeping the woods free of Morgoth's mini
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I have to agree here, too powerful characters may look cool at the beginnning, but in the end, it makes everything dull and uninteresting for everybody, their creators included.

Before I begin, please note that I'm not lecturing you (I'd have to be a fool if I did), I just want to suggest you to mind your character's powers which are overwhelmingly high: i.e the ability of being unseeable and to know anything somebody is going to do, gaining the ability of being untouchable.

The suit is cool, as far as appereance goes, but as Luther said, Barteris is no high-tech world, think of Mad Max's so, there's no world government, or any country advanced enough to produce computarized Solid Snake-like suits, sorry but it just doesn't feel right.

I've no problem with everyting else. I hope this was of help.

3. Wolf star *

Wolf star * I walk alone.

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I have to agree but I don't want you to think that we’re being nit picky because your characters sound good. Just change her Tec and abilities some. Other then that it looks good. Sorry if this sound demanding but it is just that to have a character with some weakness makes it more fun. But I like your first post.

4. LadyRaven

LadyRaven Sanzo's girl

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Actuialy I was thinking that this RP souded more on like a combo of Mad Max meets the Terminator (but with out all of the robotic stuff and more of the post war look!).

As soon as I'm all read up I'll get my post ready top bring me in if Wolfy hasn't done so already :rolleyes:

5. Luther_the_Great

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Sorry I ended the fighting, but I wanted to get DQG in the RP because he has been waitng for a chance to get in. I hope I treated everyone's character the way they wanted it to be treated. If not tell me and I can edit the post. By the way, I used Fen for the dream sequence, so the other characters will be clueless to what she saw unless she decideds to tell the group.

6. Wolf star *

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Well if you need a way in Lady Raven then may be if Kobora don't mind you could be in the dessert with him just out of sight. You could walk in after Kobora introduces you or calls you in. that’s just a thought. :)

7. LadyRaven

LadyRaven Sanzo's girl

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the sugestion Wolfy, I sent him a letter to see if he will beable to help me out.

This RP moves along quickly, eveytime I thing I'm cought up enought to write my self in I end up haveing to read a few more Posts, lol. I'll get this figured out some time. :rolleyes:

8. Luther_the_Great

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Perhaps you could also come in as they are traveling in the desert. As soon as they get moving again, they could come across you as you are being attacked by mutants, assasins, theives, orcs, giant bugs, whatever you want. And they save you. That is an easy enough way to get in this RP, that way you don't have to worry about explaining how you already know DQG.

Just a suggestion, I think it would be simpler that way.

9. LadyRaven

LadyRaven Sanzo's girl

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Luther-Well I heard back from him and I made a sugestion about how we can meet up with each other. But your sugestion could com in handy for how the two of us can meet up with the others, Thanx.

LadyRaven

10. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    HOLY $%%$#!!!!!! the stuff that happens in a single weekend!!!! (man... i just left for 2 days and boom....... ~_~) I'll have to read everything and make a post pronto....sry for any delays

EDIT: YAY MORE GIRLS!!!!!

ANOTHER EDIT: yeah... winterine... the super high-tech thing is a bit too much..... being psychick (sp) is ok.... but, but with that exo-skellie, you're making yourself almost invincible... and that's not much fun...

LAST EDIT! I SWEAR!: Raven.... i kinda skipped over your post... specially since we're not moving and a fight is about to break out... sry.

Last edited: May 28, 2006
  11. Winterine

Winterine Ranger-Bard

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    *sigh* I guess I should have seen those comments coming - that's what happens when you RP with people you've never RPed before, I guess. Trust me, I'm a (relatively) veteren RPer (after all, I wrote those rules that Nienor posts everywhere for the forums waaay back...) and don't like god-characters, but mine isn't one, even if it sounds like it "on paper". My character is not human (and not from around), is definitely not infallible or omniscient or invulnerable and there are a LOT of ways around the things/ability she has. And she won't be using her powers like that all the time - she prefers direct combat. And sorry this sounds like I'm being overly defensive and bitter, but realistically, if you see a bunch of people chasing a small group trying to get away, it's going to be pretty obvious to most anyone that the little group is the reason for something. *sigh* :(

But I'll change a few things (in my bio, but I'll mention here too): forget most of that history stuff (it wouldn't have been too relevant in the RP anyway cos that's in the past), the tech-stealth is gone, the tech-speed is gone...uh what else?

And I hope you don't mind what I've done, LadyRaven. I'm just running out of ways to get back into the RP at this stage at the rate everyone's posting. Wasn't sure how your character would react either, so I've hopefully put in something that's kinda open.

12. LadyRaven

LadyRaven Sanzo's girl

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    It's kool Winter,

You captured her perfictly, even though I forgot to mention that she's a bit sarcastic at times.

Gil- I just read your post and I hate to say this but Raven was just pulled out right before you got there. so you might want to fix the ending of that post and have Raven talking with Winter's charicter.

LadyRaven

13. Luther_the_Great

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    The main concern Winter is that some of us have to work extensively on the plot to make sure this is interesting and when we are not sure of the limits of people's abilities we don't know how to proceed. For instance, I have posted conversations of two mysterious characters talking behind the scenes in a bar. I did that for RPers benefit and for the benefit of the plot, but if someone had the ability to read their minds and now they were there. Then none of what has happened could have happened and we would still be in Hell's Kitchen.

Case in point. I just like to know what people can and can't do so I can place some things safetly out of reach at certain points in the plot. When it comes time for butt kicking, then everyone can show off their powers and what not. So I think you are right in that we haven't RPed with you before and once we see what you have a tendency to do, we will be better prepared to collaborate for a better RP for everyone.

14. Gil-Galad_360

Gil-Galad_360 Aran Noldorin

Mirkwood, keeping the woods free of Morgoth's mini
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I edited my post to concur. Now I must ask the same. Thanks

EDIT: No need to do that after all.

Last edited: May 29, 2006
  15. Luther_the_Great

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I don't know, I think it could work the way it is. It seems to line up pretty well.

This RP never really went totally chronalogical with the previous posts in the first place.
    It's all been edited up very nicely.

(this post is refering to the little mix up with the rescue)

16. Wolf star *

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Do worry I had a mix up too because some one posted just before I did. I had to abandon the whole thing. But I hope my last one followed in order.

I think the problem was that we all had done up a post and it changed so quickly that by the time we had it up there was already a new one. But that’s fine I am sure we will work out the bugs sooner or later. They seam to be getting more stream lined now.

Oh and I was thinking that I am going to make a little change.
    I created the RP but that doesn’t mean that I own it.
    We all work at it, so I was thinking that if there is any discussion to be made from now on that we all have a vote on it to be fair to every one.

Some one who is not sure about some thing can call for a vote then every one can say yes or no.

That’s just an idea in case people think that might not be so good for the story. Or it might Conflict with some thing they were planning

17. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Sounds good to me Wolf!! wow... so many posts... so quickly....

18. LadyRaven

LadyRaven Sanzo's girl

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    That Idea sound good to me Wolfy

I try not to write my post ahead of time when I'm just starting out in a new RP, I always write them up on the spot so that it does not conflict with what everyone else has going. I do how ever make some notes ahead of time about what I would like to work into my post if at all posible.

And just to let you all know(and I will add this to Raven's Bio when I get the chance. I'm still working on it but I wanted to get something up so that you all have an Idea about what she's like) she dosn't like to fight anymore than she has to. When Raven is not on a mission to Kill some one she will always try to take the peaceful way out of any situation.

LadyRaven

19. Luther_the_Great

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I have talked this over with Wolf, and I suppose he forgot to post this.

To begin this tradition of voting in this RP, any person who wishes to join this RP should submit their character in the OOC for a vote. A vote of at least 50% (in the event of an even number of RPers) will allow that character to be used in the RP.

Everyone doesn't have to vote to make the vote official, lets say that voting periods will take place within 3 days of the original request. After that the votes can be tallied and the decision finalized. If people need longer to vote, then we can talk about it.

Dissenting voters must provide a reason for their "nay" votes so the person will know what they need to do in order to a vote of at least 50%.

This isn't saying anything personal about the person submitting the character, it is simply a way we can streamline new characters into the RP. I'm sure we all will be glad to help those who want to join fit in. After the people are accepted they should contact one of the people currently in the RP and ask them to give them an entrance into the RP.

It would be advisable that all people who are new to this RP refrain from doing anything with the plot until they are well acclimated.

(By the way, this only applies to those wishing to enter the RP in the future. Those already in do not have to go through this process.)

20. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Sounds good to me! does anyone have anything they want to bring up?

Search tags for this page

aeshen pants