OOC Thread - RPG #14

Discussion in 'RPG #14 - The Children of the Crimson Sea' started by Nienor, Jan 22, 2006.

1. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    I can't stand smart people. :halo: Lol, I'm just kidding, really. But I couldn't resist saying it. ;)

From what little I understood of your discussion, it made sense, but then old people know more than us young people anyway. ;)

2. Senekha

Senekha <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    Cru, instead of "Brethren and Betrayer" you need "disturber of the peace" :p Lol physics was my WORST class, I barely passed the...wait, I didn't pass the provincial test! aheh heh heh...but I still ended up with %73 overall for Physics 12. (I would have done a lot better if the teacher knew more about it than I did :s he'd never taught physics 12 before)

MY FINAL VERDICT (and screw all concepts of physics :p)

On the Rasvan:

1.) Cannot fly in heavy storms (ie heavy rain and heavy wind and lightning)
    2.) CAN fly in relatively normal rain, if there is no wind, with some difficulty
    3.) CAN fly in heavy wind, if there is no rain, but with much difficulty.

And I'm creating a reason for the unlogical balance of human with wings - they fly with the help of the magic of the world, HOWEVER this is not some magic that can be used or manipulated in any way. If you've read Terry Goodkind, his dragons can only fly because of magic, but they don't use magic.

On Onime's chara:

I'm giving in, but posting some restrictions:

1.) the shadow can only be used to distract or deceive, not to kill, as shadows are insubstantial and have no mass.
    2.) ummm....that's about it. :D

3. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Lol, I'm taking AP prep for Physics right now, but I'm pretty sure that we haven't learned this stuff my class - yet, anyway.

:D Perfect! :D

And Sen, I'm still waiting... ;)

4. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    For the flying i dont have a problem with humanoids with wings, i never ranted so muhc in 9 with sharana and her wings. physically humans would need a breastbone a good 4-6ft out and be muscled like the hulk but in bird like shape. wont complain though its fine, i was just going for a level of realism in flying conditions.

Thats acceptanble, normal/light rain would be a hinderance, its heavy rain that concerns me.

5. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Lol, why didn't you complain in #9? :p

6. Onime-no-Enishi

Onime-no-Enishi Dragonkin

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    @_@ okay, then ill have to alter my post a little. So... that means no more shadow armor? and cru, >>; id like to point out lotsa stuff in ur last statement about shadows and the diagram (which u misunderstood >.< but its okay, its not easy to draw here) but since the almighty one has spoken, no more physics stuff from me =p

EDIT: okay okay, my primal instinct urges me to go on @_@ sorry sen

You are really very mistaken about darkness and shadows.

I, as one who is familiar with drawing, used to practice on drawing simple 3d objects. Like a cube, or a sphere for example, and area's that need a little Darkening, we "shade" them, and those area's are known as the "Shaded" portions of the object. This is where lots of people dont get, the word "shade" comes from the word "shadow", thus, its still considered as a shadow. We dont call it the darkness.

About the diffusal, experiment with a lamp, yes, it may appear to diffuse, because the lamp (which has a bulb, and the reflective mirror-like metal cone-surrounding it, or the ones with a fire in it, or whatever, but the surface area which emits light is big) has light rays that come from different directions (though the same general direction, you should get what i mean) thus dividing the shadow, however, if you use an object which has less surface area which radiates, or emits light, you will NOT get this effect no matter how strong the light is.

About my diagram, the sun is ALOT smaller in scale because i cant possibly draw a sun which is about a million times larger than the earth to fit into here even if i were to represent earth with a ".", it was just a simple example >>; and yes, i am aware that the shadow wont reach the ground because the light cones into the shadow and swallows it, however, that was what i have been saying all these whiles, and the cone of darkness is where the shadow lies, even in air, the shadow just cannot be seen by us because its just basically invisible.

sorry about that @_@ ill stop now >.<

Last edited: Jan 31, 2006
  7. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Stop argueing about diffusal, thats all that is annyoing me, ITS A SCIENTIFIC FACT, it happens! dont argue, go to steven hawking and tell him it doesnt diffuse and he'd smack you if he wasnt paraplegic. light diffuses: FACT! no more arguing on that, in the lamp example there is some reflection yes but this only aco****s for a small percentage, light diffuses trust me, it does, and if you dispute it again I may have to do something rash.

And dont think im not familiar with drawing and shading. but shadow and shade are not the same thing, its a misunderstanding to say they are, they are similar because theyre both derived from the latin for darkness so have similar names but theyre different. like i said before darkness and shadow are the same thing but there is a strict difference in their cause and definition. Shade is mroe applied to the saturation of a colour or light, whereas shadow s applied to the cause of the single area of darkness shade where the shadow is cast.

this is the definition of a shadow:

An area that is not or is only partially irradiated or illuminated because of the interception of radiation by an opaque object between the area and the source of radiation. or The rough image cast by an object blocking rays of illumination

see the difference, the object blocking sunlight must be BETWEEN the shadow area and the light source it does not reference to the object itself only the area. Shadow involves an object blocking, this doesnt count for night on the earth or the dark side of an object because this is on the object so the object cannot be casting the shadow there, it is merely the shaded side.

the relevant definition of shade is this:

An area or a space of partial darkness.

Which does not include the action of light being blocked by another object. Do you see now?

As for the cone of darkness in the air (not the shadow) but even if it WAS, my arguemtn against that isnt a physics one its that if you could get a shadow copy on the air its going a bit far.

8. Senekha

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    *DING!* TO your corners, PEOPLE! This round is over! Let's move on.

:p

You should take this to the debate forum, you'd get plenty there.

completely off-topic, but does anyone know what happens to teeth that are loosened by a hard blow? I have three loose teeth from last night, and they're really worrying me :( I'm all afraid of stories of tooth roots dying and turning the teeth black.....

edit : just had to add, I won that fight :D hehehehehehe revenge is saweet!

9. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    lol, sen's been fightin'

I dont know personally about the tooth thing, th ebest thing to do would aks a dentist, duh. I remember i got rugby-tackled once with a shoulder hitting me in the mouth, my tooth felt a little loose but it turned out okay, but it was a while ago and i cant remember if it was actually loose. Just ask your dentist, hopefully it will be alright.

And its customary when talking to others about pains in fihgting to finish it with 'you should see the other guy'

I sue could go for some children of the storm details right now, yes indeed!

10. Senekha

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    lol:D Yeah, the fight was stopped in the third round because I slammed her in the face and her nose exploded. It was cool :D But if my teeth are done, I think she got the better of me...

Yeah, there's like three loose teeth :( I have a dentist appointment tomorrow anyway, but until then I'm going to die from anxiety! My parents spent thousands of dollars on braces etc, and if I end up ruining my teeth they'll kill me...slowly...

11. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    did i mention that its great living in a country where healthcare is provided by the government?

braces are free (well, its part of tax) to everyone under 18 i think (the time when theyre most needed). Most of my friends had them, not me as most of my teeth are in perfect formation.

12. Senekha

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    :p well, our government's cheap. we paid way too much for my braces.

13. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    but by equivilent counting in all the people who pay taxes and the percentage that need braces, we get the better deal.

14. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    On another note: please practice your kickboxing on morgan untill i get th einformation i need, ARRGH!

15. Morgan_of_Salerone

Morgan_of_Salerone New Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I'm so sorry everyone!

I apologize for not doing part in this RP lately (this goes especially to you, Cru), but one of my close friend's grandfather died over the weekend and I have been helping her cope with the loss. I'll try to write up a whole bunch to make up for the time missed, but I'm afraid to say I also have exams coming up soon. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

...and Cru, didn't you get the info I sent you?
    *worried look*

Last edited: Jan 31, 2006
  16. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    I'm sorry, Morgan... :(

And Sen, the reason why I can't post is YOUR responsibility. Hope your teeth are all right, but as soon as you know, I WANT INFORMATION! ;)

17. Senekha

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    :eek: I'm working on it :p I haven't had a spare moment in the past few days, and these are my supposed days off!!

Morgan, whose grandfather was it?

18. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    no morgan i didnt. And im sorry for your friend. I'll be quiet now.

19. Onime-no-Enishi

Onime-no-Enishi Dragonkin

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    woah, dude, cool down >>; im not trying to get anyone pissed here. But i can conclude, and not offending anyone, that your knowledge of this topic in physics is weak, please know your definitions before you argue, shade and shadows are one and the same.

anyway, sorry sen for this physics stuff, im gonna completely shift back here now @_@, i think ill stick with a traian to avoid further conflicts >>; so i hope someone can provide me full detail about the traians and what they can do, life styles, etc. thanks

20. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Just to state i havent been angry once, the 'threats' above were jovial in nature, its hard to get the tone across in text, I never approach any sort of debate with bias or anger as it would no longer be a debate.

And i will state those definitions for shadow and shade came from the oxford english dictionary. Check-mate! :p

Now now, thats the whole 'no offence, but *Insert extremely offensive comment here*' There is nothing wrong with my knowledge on physics, i could question yours in the same fashion but what would it achieve? with either side thinking theyre right it wouldnt accomplish anything, but please, if youre going to question my knowledge, get a text book and read it before you even think about it, if you want to refute something i say get some contrary evidence and ill listen, but otherwise that isnt a tactful thing to say.

Search tags for this page

anyrasvan