OOC Thread - RPG #14

Discussion in 'RPG #14 - The Children of the Crimson Sea' started by Nienor, Jan 22, 2006.

1. Onime-no-Enishi

Onime-no-Enishi Dragonkin

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    lol, iono, i find rain restrictions more fun tho ;p time for my first post =D

2. Senekha

Senekha <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    :p

Yes, it is time :D muahahahaha :D

3. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    the oil itslef would post some weight problems to start, and no matter how muscular the matter of the fact is wind resistance is directly proportional to wing size, so they wont suffer the widn any better than other birds unless they ave chests at least 6ft in diameter of muscle, muscular yes thats fine but you want them to defy aviation laws then its a no no.

also the oils thing is unlikly, ducks for one arent as capable of flying as well as other birds, they have a large proportion of fat to keep them warm in the water and lose air manouvreability. oily wings would add weight and for a full system of flying it would be a hinderance, birds need feathers the way they are to catch the air and for one the oil would loose heat and not allow air in to preserve heat starving the wings of heat, and as they need to beat fast they need blood free flowing and thus lots of heat.

and also, youve got to give the people on the ground some advantage, in rains youre stuck ont he ground out of your environment and with those cumbersome wings its a nice ripe opportunity.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2006
  4. Senekha

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    eh, shaddup!:p

*turns to Onime*

am I the only one who notices the close similarities between your chara and LDH's charas? :p btw, I assume he's a Raven?

5. Senekha

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    btw, Cru, the Rasvan won't be fighting the Children of the Sun in the war - they're drawn in by the battle-eagles of the Storm Children, and that's where most of their fighting lays.

Another point, Rasvan don't do much hand-to-hand combat, simply because they're too big, etc. They prefer projectiles, and the talons are for mid-air tumbles, etc

6. Senekha

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    for future reference (no one in mind, just a warning from what I've seen in RPs throughout the years I've been active in them), no super powers. Our charas are supposed to be normal people, like you or me, with some motive or cause. I everyone made a chara with incredible, original abilities (which are fun!), the RP just wouldn't be as interesting anymore.

This just came to mind as I read the rules posted by Nikki, and I didn't think everyone would always check the rules (this was my first time ever giving them a thorough read!) and thought I'd point that out here for easy reference.

7. Onime-no-Enishi

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    @_@ gasp, my chara IS similar to LDH's >>; NUUU im not plagiarising >.< i thought of it the instant i saw Raven @_@ oh the sadness ;_; do i need to change him? >.<

and another question, if i can keep him, its okay to allow him to have ONE supernatural ability right? the ability to control his own shadow. (only his shadow, not every single shadow, that'd be crazy)

And, i plan to have my chara only have his talons as his weapon =S i wonder if its okay, for ranged attacks, he uses his shadow to attack.

note: shadows have a weakness... simply put, Light =p

8. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    1) how in hell can a shadow do harm

2) we're talking about a flying creature here, and the sahdow is a thing bound to the ground, thus whats the point?

9. Onime-no-Enishi

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    >>; well, it has something to do with magic...

thats why i was asking if its okay to have just one supernatural ability. Coz he has nothing else that makes him great =o if its a bright area, he is nearly completely useless. That kinda thing. i mean, who cant spot a mass of black in a white background o_O

10. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    oooh, theres that word again.

hehe.

ignore me please, its not my RPG, but for some reason ive become the critic untill i get some feedback about the allowance of my character idea.

11. Onime-no-Enishi

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    lol, nah its okay =p and dont worry, i think your idea could be accepted. It makes the story interesting =D

12. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Changing it a little, adding a few sentences in. :) But then again, Zhir and Jyn have experience at this sort of thing: they've trained themselves over the years to ignore the discomfort of walking. :)

13. Senekha

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    Hahhaheeee......*dies laughing* sorry, but I kinda have to agree with logic like that :D;) Maybe you can have some small supernatural ability, IF it's...umm....plausible? :) If your heart's set on it, I guess we can have a SMALL, itsy-bitsy exception to the rule.

I don't mean to be an ass, but I have an idea for you, LDH, that would make your charas more...fitting to this world (ie your charas live separate from a clan, they are assassins, they fight on ground, etc...) - if they were orphaned and raised by a Child of the Sun or Traian, or something like that - that would explain their ease on the ground and their profession, etc.

The tomato throwing can start any time:eek: *cringes*

14. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm... I'd agree, but the uncle's going to be involved later on (sorry)... Would it work if the uncle, rather than the Jynzhi, was trained by a Traian? If it doesn't, I'll change it so that the Jynzhi were trained by a Traian.

15. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    hmmm, wheres morgan, i want approval for my idea.

also i need some info on the children on the storm and their society and culture across the ocean so i can work up some backstory.

16. Onime-no-Enishi

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    well, ill make thing a little clearer, and explain why i chose create this character the way he is right now.

1. Shadow Mastery Explanation:
    The shadow is used as a decoy, or as a deadly side-kick. The shadow has a weakness, having light emitting in an angle that would split the shadow into two or more, dividing its power. And if there are multiple light sources, the shadow grows weaker and weaker. The shadow is an exact replica of the master, with the exact same talons etc.

2. Flying creature, why need a shadow stuck on the ground?
    Because there will always be a shadow on him, when he is flying, there is a shadow on the bottom part of his body. If there is only one light source, (single lightbulb on a really big room) he can fly to it and cover most of it, surrounding the entire room with his shadow. The shadow doesnt necessarily has to take his shape, it can be a miriad of claws or sumthin like that.

3. I find it rather interesting to roleplay a character that is powerful, yet, has weaknesses that can be fatal.

4. In total darkness, that is his territory, because his shadow merges with the shadows of everything else.

5. And yea, he's an assassin, he sticks to the shadows most of the time, so his shadow would be really useful.

6. He doesnt fly until he needs to move long distances or to avoid contact with enemy (he's spotted in the wrong time, etc).

Shadow move possibilities, and why it can be powerful:
    I. Replica of master
    II. miriad of claws/spikes/deadly-stuff that can impale anyone on top of the shadow
    III. Can form a shadow armor on the shadowy area of the user.
    IV. can form a shadow wall to protect the master from harm.
    V. can be used as a decoy
    VI. pairs well with smokebombs that weakens light source.
    VII. Shadow can surround the master, concealing him completely even if the master is right in front of enemy.

Weaknesses of shadow mastery:
    I. 2 light sources or more divides the strength of the shadow.
    II. shadows cannot defend against or attack anything radiant.
    III. Uses stamina, the master cant hold it on for too long.

Extra info about shadows:
    I. no light falling on the master allows the shadow to be everywhere that is shadowy or dark (where light isnt on it)
    II. 1 light source just restricts the movement of the shadow to being directly in the path of the light.

17. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    now when sen said 'small' supernatural ability.......

that is quite a lot, and doesnt seem to follow the lawsof physics at all, for instance, during night there are no shadows, none at all, as theres no light to create them. Bright light is more likely to create shadows than dispell them. In flight there would be no shadow at all. the definition of a shadow is the area of of darkness where an object blocks the lightsource, there would eb no shadows on the body just patches untouched by light and there would be no shadow anywhere, when your up in the air theres far too much room and in strong daylight the light would diffuse around you if you werent near the ground so theres be no shadow.

to be honest id say ahving a shadow replica of yourself to act as a decoy or a deadly sidekick is more than just a small supernatural ability. and when you say he has weaknesses that can be fatal, i dont really see anything in this to balance out the advantages, only ones that can have a detrimental effect of his special abilities which only brings him back to normal levels.

Once again, just pointing out my opinion while im waiting around.

18. Morgan_of_Salerone

Morgan_of_Salerone New Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to take so long, Cru!

I have absolutely no problem with your character being a Storm Child. (In fact, I'm happy I won't be the only one!:)) I don't have a problem with your idea about your character either, but if I can just ask you to wait before you post so I can send you some info about their culture, ranking, etc. and how my character ties in to everything.
    Thanks!

19. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    sure thing, i was going to ask for as much detail as possible so i can get a detailed backstory going, and so i wont mess up anything youve got.

I dont know what you want to do about the regicide thing, if you want to keep the king or not, but the beginnings of this ambition thing wont start till th einvasion has taken some ground first.

20. Senekha

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    Cru...*hugs* hehe I like how I'm not the one being the big meanie all the time! :p Sorry to say, Onime, I have to agree with him - that sounds like an ability more suited to Salvatore's worlds or some other high-fantasy with lots of magic. Cool, but....not quite medieval :) I'm afraid I'm going to have to say no to that one :(

Morgan's got a good idea about posting more of her race before much more's done with them...I should do the same.

On that note, would you guys with Rasvan mind waiting a day or two until I can post a detailed outline of the race, their social structure, etc? sorry, I should have done that from the beginning, but we were so eager to get this rp going we couldn't wait :D:eek: I'm afraid that's just caused more confusion :(

Thanks for all your patience and cooperation! And participation! *huggles*

Search tags for this page

anyrasvan