OOC Thread - RPG #14

Discussion in 'RPG #14 - The Children of the Crimson Sea' started by Nienor, Jan 22, 2006.

1. Nienor

Nienor Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Put all your OOC thoughts here.

2. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Oooh, Sen and Morgan, sounds interesting. Can I join? :)

3. Senekha

Senekha <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    I'm expecting you to :D:p I'm going to post our (Morgan's and mine) chara bios later today, as well as a starting post.

Which race/clan do you want to be, LDH?

Just as a little heads-up about our charas (detailed bios coming later, with the first post) My chara is a Rasvan of the Red Eagle Clan, Morgan's is a Storm Child, and Arawn (yes, Arawn!) will have a character of Storm Children descent living with the People of the Sun. These three charas will be focal points of the oncoming war.

4. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    :D ;)
    Cool... I wanted to write two characters (twins) that are working as assassins, but I wanted to know if we're allowed to have half-breeds.

And I printed out your RPG starting point and worked on my profile during school today, so this had better not die, and Arawn had better post! :D

If you approve this profile, these are going to be my characters:

Note: all names and words with translations were translated from the ancient Raven language

Names: Zhirran “Kuraiken” Namadrin and Jynariel “Yorutsume” Namadrin
    Zhirran (ZEER-rahn): ‘born in winter’
    Kuraiken: ‘dark blade’
    Namadrin (NAH-mah-drin): ‘child of grief, tears;’ in some ancient contexts can mean ‘child of the waves, sea’
    Jynariel (ji-NAHR-ee-el): ‘storm’s fury’
    Yorutsume: ‘night talon/claw’
    Weapons: metal talons, knives, katana, barehanded
    Magic: a little bit of healing talent, but also has a remarkable talent for fading into the background despite wings and height
    Profession: assassin
    Gods: Lukylo and Marys
    Alignment: Neutral
    Height: 6’1”
    Race: Half Traian, half Rasvan

History:

Zylian was a half Falcon, half Raven Rasvan who met Amadhi of the Traian, married him, and bore two children: Idhan, the eldest by a few scant minutes, and Anyazarine, his younger sister. From the time they were born, Idhan and Anyazarine moved in tandem, always watching out for one another.

At two, their parents died, victim to the hostilities between Rasvan and Traian. Zylian’s half-brother, a full-blooded Raven who had always been fond of his sister, took the two children in. Jaereth had long been outcast by his tribe due to the fact that he had fallen in love with a girl of the Swan Clan. When the girl was killed in a raid, Jaereth left the tribe.

Jaereth was a formidable warrior, but more than that, he knew the skills of an assassin as well. He taught both to his nephew and niece, and at thirteen, turned them loose on the world, secure in the knowledge that Idhan and Anyazarine were better than Jaereth ever had been, helped by each other and some innate talent.

Idhan and Anyazarine took new names to mark this occasion: Idhan became “Zhirran” and Anyazarine became “Jynariel.” At fifteen, people began calling Zhirran “Kuraiken” and Jynariel “Yorutsume,” garnering a fearsome reputation within two years, and many began to fear them. Sending out their own assassins proved useless, as they either evaded or killed their opponents. Eventually, while they were still feared, the two of them were accepted as mercenary assassins.

Today, they continue to serve as assassins for hire, working in pairs to bring down any target. Never staying with one master for long, they do their job, collect their money, and move on without a second thought.

Although both of them can fight in a variety of styles, Jynariel favors talons and knives, while Zhirran prefers swords and barehanded combat. Nonetheless, their skill with all four styles are equal. Those who underestimate Jynariel by her gender are foolish indeed, for Jynariel is as deadly as her brother. But combined, the Jynzhi are undefeatable, a trait that endears them to their employers.

Also known collectively as:
    The Jynzhi: a pun on the first syllables of their name that combined mean “assassins”
    The Kurohane: ‘black feather.’ So called because the two of them leave a black feather, one from each of them, on their victims’ bodies as a silent signature.
    The Namadrin: ‘children of grief and tears’

Personality: Zhirran and Jynariel are almost identical mirrors, both outside and inside. Cold, harsh, and mocking, they can seem cruel to others. But their love for one another runs deep, created by their twin bond and cemented in their dual training. Many of their employers dislike the small, sardonic hovering on the edge of their mouths, and their insolent manner of speaking. They are cool and collected in the best and worst of situations, which is an asset in their professions. And like all Ravens, they prize cunning and wits, which they both possess in abundance.

Appearance: Though Zylian favored the Falcons, Zhirran and Jynariel favor the Ravens with black wings and long black hair but with unnaturally pale skin. Another odd characteristic is that though their eyes are normally black, when their emotional balance is upset, Zhirran’s become shot through with streaks of gold and green while Jynariel has silver and blue. Elegant and graceful at all times, they also borrow on Falcon agility and an almost magical talent to fade into the background.

Both of them are incredibly tall, and resemble each other to an uncanny degree. Though Zhirran’s hair is shoulder-length and Jynariel’s waterfall is often braided, it is still difficult to diffrentiate between them. They wear solid black or grey at all times, pants, long-sleeved shirt, cloak, and either masks or veils concealing the lower half of their face. They prefer soft, moccasin-like shoes or sandals over boots.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2006
  5. holly st.Raven

holly st.Raven Romlux

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hmmmmmmmm..........
    Sounds intersting.
    I might give it a try, yet I promise nothing, what with working on my own rp, clases, work at home, not to mention that I won't be quite rid of cast for some time...

6. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Aww, poor HSR... but do join, it sounds interesting. :)

7. Senekha

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    Ummmm.....actually, Morgan's at my place right now, and we've got to lay down some rules that I forgot to mention earlier. I know, I know, we're meanies, but as this is potentially turning into a novel of ours, well...

and heeeere's MORGAN!!!!

8. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Lol, how's it mean? Your RPG, your rules. ;)

9. Morgan_of_Salerone

Morgan_of_Salerone New Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Heh heh heh... I have the power!

Anyways... Here are a few "guidelines" for the RP:

1)NO NEW RACES!!!!! We worked hard on deciding original (hopefully) races that were best suited for the world and story we wanted to create.
    2)Half-breeds are very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very (have I made my point yet?) uncommon in this world, even among different clans or groups of the same race. (Here I just have to congratulate LDH for her well thought out, in depth character profile *clap clap* which, I'm sorry to say, she has to alter a bit...)

3)Please feel free to make your character an important element of the plot, but not to the exclusion of other characters or plotlines. *cough*nosuperpowers!*cough* (We shall also try to do the same. In fact, feel free to kick us if we don't)

Alright, Sen and I will be posting a plotline and beginning post(s) for the story, so don't put too much energy into developing a post or character before we have a chance to give you an idea of what we want to happen.

Now, we realize these rules, I mean, guidelines, are not typical to most RPs and they may seem a little constricting, but we REALLY REALLY do wish for all your creativity (LDH) and participation *hard stare at LDH* and... Sen is kicking me off the computer before I can finish my thoughts so ENJOY! (What, I'm not sure....)

10. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Awwww... I'll be honest here and admit that I really wanted to be at least half-Falcon and half-Raven, but that'll change. GO RAVENS! :D

Lol, most people's RPGs and yours is different in one aspect: you want yours to go in a specific direction so you can evolve your story. :D I just kinda let go with Liandrah, but hey, it turned out better than anything I could have exected. :)

And thank you for your assumption that I'm creative. ;)

11. Morgan_of_Salerone

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Alright, we’re not really doing a plot outline anymore. (I finally convinced Sen that it was too restricting of the creative juices…) But here is what we are hoping to accomplish in this RPG: Invasion, rallying of the defenses, all the races joining in a war (whether they are allied or in a free-for-all, we don’t know) and then a big, huge, bloody battle that lasts for too many pages… Mwa ha ha ha ha!

My character:

Name: Soasan

Race: Storm Child

Status: Officer of the Storm Children Army (King’s Daughter [undercover muahahaha])

Appearance: Exceedingly beautiful (when not in disguise), with shoulder length, coal black hair and flashing golden eyes. She has ivory skin, and stands 5’9” with a slender, willowy build. (Picture the ideal princess.)

Weapons: When on foot, Soasan carries a small and a large quiver of arrows for her respective bow. (Her heavier longbow and lighter recurve.) She also sports a small crossbow-like weapon on her left forearm. Over these, Soasan carries a small, light shield. On her left hip, she wears a gladius-like sword, and in each boot rests concealed a small, thin dagger.
    When on horseback, the basic layout of Soasan’s weapons are similar, only with her shield resting on the left shoulder of her horse and her longbow and quiver strapped on the right lengthwise. Soasan also carries a lance in her right hand when going into battle. With the great-eagles (or death-eagles, as the Children of the Sun have dubbed them), Soasan’s set up is basically the same, only without the longbow.
    Soasan’s armour is flexible, light and very durable. Only a direct shot from a war bolt at close range is enough to break through it, or a heavy blow on a weak joint. However, heavy bruising is an inconvenience that often plagues her.

History: Little is known about Soasan’s life before the invasion.

12. Arawn

Arawn The Avenger

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Aheh heh heh....hello everyone. *Stealing Sen's internet bwahaha*

Name : Julian

Race : Thought to be a strange (for his coloring) Child of the Sun, but in reality is a Storm Child, though unknown to him and his acquaintances

Status : Adopted as a very young child to a high-ranking family of the Children of the Sun.

Appearance : Black hair, golden eyes, 6’0, lithe

Weapons : Rapier, not as strong as a greatsword, but much faster. Also a bow and dirk.

Temperament : Cocky and quick-tempered, though duly talented in the required areas of fighting and scholarly works (as dictated by his upbringing in a wealthy, high-ranking family).

Brief History : Julian was found on the shore on Tranahan land, and was taken in and cared for by the family. The Tranahans are a well-to-do family who place high importance on reputation. Although the mistress of the house wished to raise the child, her eldest daughter, Maresin, who was 15 years old at the time, took an instant liking to the boy and insisted on raising him herself. Despite her father’s attempts to end her obsession so that she might continue her life (take suiters, go to some academy, etc), she refused. Finally, in a final attempt on his daughter, Master Tranahan sent Julian away to a military academy, where Julian stayed for three years. When it became clear the the other soldiers would not accept Julian and his strange style of fighting (with the rapier, as opposed to greatsword or gladius), Julian rebelled and ran away, joining a groups of mercenaries and finally creating his own group of sell-swords. He is now 19, and must choose his course of action in the impending war.

13. Senekha

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    ^^^^you owe me. :p

You haven't even kept a record of a post-a-month, Arawn. I expect you'll do better now, though, as it's THIS rp :D:p;)

anyways, this is mine : *ta-da*

Name : Anke (Ann-kuh) of the Red Eagle Clan

Race : Rasvan

Status : First Legate of the Red Eagle Clan, second in command to the Clan Leader

Age : 93 years (Rasvan longevity: potentially 300 years, though with warfare, less than half that)

Appearance : Red hair, wings, eyes, and other features the same as the rest of the Red Eagles. 5’11, muscular and athletic, blue tattoo of rank on her jaw. Wings predominantly golden, with flecks of brick red and brown. Wingspan: 25 feet.

Weapons : Metal talons strapped to her forearms/hands, longbow, hand-crossbow (also strapped to left forearm, fired once at the onset of an assault), three throwing stars strapped under her right wrist (accessible with but a flick of her fingers), many throwing knives strapped about her body and built into her clothing and armour. For close combat, her talons as well as a katana-like curved sword.

Clothing : Hardened black leather as breastplate armour, black cloth wound about her arms, midsection, and legs. Knee-high boots of the same hardened leather fringed with the white and black fur of a mountain leopard. Her collar is also fringed with this fur.

Temperament : Always wears a calm façade, rarely showing her emotions. Cool and calculating, with a brutality alien to the other Races of the Sun. She sees killing as an art, and battle tactics as a way of life.

Brief History : Anke never knew her parents, for they were killed in a raid on a Red Eagle settlement just months after her birth. She was raised by a veteran fighter, and as a child shocked others with her viciousness and appreciation for battle. She remains cold and aloof to all, seeing the making of friends and love as a weakness. Her only sense of duty is that of serving her Clan Leader and protecting those who fight under her.

we've all posted short posts, just as little introductions. They would have been longer, if we had had more time, but Morgan had to leave, and I've got to get to bed, soooo....you'll forgive us :D. I'll write another, long one in a day or two.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2006
  14. Senekha

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    oh, just thought I'd mention a thing or two that i forgot to mention in the description of the races:

the Rasvan are extremely muscled in the top half of their body, in order to support their large wings. They also have rankings of sorts within the clans: Clan-leader, First Legate, Second Legate, Third Legate (depending on the number of people in the clan), as well as lesser officers.

Each Rasvan clan has only about 500 people, for they are a small race. Their lifespan can potentially be 300 years, but most only make it to 100, if lucky, due to clan rivalry. Save for the exception of the Swans and Owls, they live in the peaks of the mountains, their dwellings/villages-of-sorts known as eeries.

The peak Rasvan prefer to stay away from non-Rasvan affairs, and do not often venture into the world of the Children or Traian, save for the occasional raid.

I'm sure there's a lot more that I meant to say, but I'm tired and must shut down now....*yawn*

G'night!

15. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    This sounds interesting and i may think up a character, but im worried about the fact this is your world, and us jumping in with our own storylines may seem unwelcome if youve got a lot of stuff planned already.

16. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    I'm just here to complain that I was up until 11:30 last night waiting for you to post so that I could write one up too! :p

Meh... anyway, I'll write up a post on this soon. Raven assassins rawk. ;) Any chance that one of you could hire me? :)

17. Onime-no-Enishi

Onime-no-Enishi Dragonkin

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    indeed =S im just wondering if we can just twist some plots here and there a little =p coz thats whats fun about RPs, no restrictions ;p (but the race restriction is fine i guess).

18. Morgan_of_Salerone

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    We don't have all that much planned, it's just what we have we want to keep... I guess what I'm saying is I want the basics the same, but all the details I want other people to write. Make sense?
    And I wouldn't worry about ruining our plotlines; it's not like we have some elaborate scheme that is set in stone. Also, if we have other people writing, it might (probably will, actually) make something ten times better than what we first planned for.

So I guess all really mean is... don't worry about us. We want as many people to join and enjoy this as possible.

19. Onime-no-Enishi

Onime-no-Enishi Dragonkin

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    alright, ill create a character when i get back from class ;D *off to class*

20. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Just wondering... does this mean that the race restriction of half-breeds is still in place or is it removed? (I need to know so that I can modify my profile if I have to)

Search tags for this page

anyrasvan