OOC Thread - RPG #12

Discussion in 'RPG #12 - Fallen' started by Nienor, Nov 27, 2005.

1. Morgan_of_Salerone

Morgan_of_Salerone New Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    ...I'm a little stretched for ideas, otherwise I would. (I was kinda hoping you'd get down to the planet before I'd have to post again...)

2. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    I have exams, which means i shouldnt post, but i might, because revision is boring. We shall see though.

and morgan, you can always extrapolate or go into deeper detail about the planet and cultures and stuff.

3. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    okay i posted, and i fast forwarded the battle a bit, swordbreaker has shown up, so all thats left is for the rebels to flee and it to mop up, somewhere just before that adrainna can fake her death and Dailan can run after her.

4. holly st.Raven

holly st.Raven Romlux

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I managed to put something together for the time being, and the post is in progres, albeit slow due to my limite movability of my arms.

5. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    well its good to see you recovering, hope youre not in too much pain.

6. AcrobaticHippo

AcrobaticHippo Determined

In Turtleopia, training Elan's turtles :P
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    Get well soon HSR :)

Assuming HSR posts in the next week, I won't be able to reply for about a week or two (I'm waiting for his post, he does need some action doesn't he :D) so is it okay if you can drag Adrianna along a bit, Crusader? If you don't mind, you can take control of my character whenever I'm away ^^

7. Morgan_of_Salerone

Morgan_of_Salerone New Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I suppose so.... and I'm glad to hear you're feeling a little better, HSR.

8. holly st.Raven

holly st.Raven Romlux

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    my first post up.

Good news, in monday, if it had healed properly, my leg is cast-free.
    Yipeeeeeee!

9. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    In other circumstances I would say 'jump for joy' but best not just in case.

good to hear the road to recovery is going well.

10. AcrobaticHippo

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    Yuck, I just got back from camp and I'm jealous of Adrianna, she gets to fly all those cool spacecraft and I get stuck in some stupid smelly kayak with a classmate paddling frantically across the Singapore-Johor Bahru channel (oh, don't ask) -.-

Glad to see you're better HSR and good post!

11. holly st.Raven

holly st.Raven Romlux

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Well, good news... I've got out of most of the cast. Bad news, I'll be soon well enough to return for the classes, so I'll have less time to write.
    Well, I'm working on another alien race before my next post, so I'll probably soon have another char.

12. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Meh... could someone give me the general specs of what everyone's doing? :)

13. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    well the basic plot at the moment is everyone is in th emiddle of a big space battle, cept for morgan who is down on the planet as some high priest or something. sooner or later (probably sooner) we'll end up crashing and the fun begins.

14. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Hehehehe...

I think I want to give a sci-fi character a try. :D Maybe a mix of fantasy and sci-fi, anyway...

I'll try to write up a profile soon, and hopefully it'll meet with your expectations. :)

15. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    well it sound to me like you would do good as one of the god-pretenders, using your scifi technology and posing it as 'magic' to the primitive peoples, should prove interesting. but tis up to you.

16. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Meh, profile completed, hopefully this meets with the standards.

Name: Valhanna, nicknamed “Val”
    Race: Laraj
    Profession: Mercenary
    Height: 5’1”

Name: Dhellani, nicknamed “Dhel”
    Race: Laraj
    Profession: Mercenary
    Height: 4’11”

A brief note on the Laraj:

The Laraj are an alien race with the ability to change small facets of their appearance, such as eye color, hair color and length, and facial structure. They can also create two types of shields: one that blocks bullets, and another that blur their images so that they fade into the background. Laraj also live up to a thousand years, so Val and Dhel are very young by their standards.

Valhanna and Dhellani are two specialty mercenaries who can adapt to any condition. Helped along by their natural abilities – shielding, agility, accuracy, beyond-normal senses of sight, smell, hearing, and even touch and taste, as well as unique Laraj technology – Val and Dhel are two of the best mercenaries out there. Trained literally from birth and spending fifty years of constantly training together, the two of them are inseparable.

Although Val and Dhel have only an year’s experience in the field, they were famed even during training. As Laraj train only one pair of fighters perhaps every seven hundred years, Val and Dhel are being eased into the slot recently emptied by the two retired male Laraj fighters, Onjin and Anzed.

A few months ago, Fehazh Elhcha approached them with a contract. Intrigued by the opportunities, Val and Dhel accepted, and are now under his hire.

Personality:

If Val and Dhel appear to be one thing, it almost always mean that they are, in fact, the opposite. They can sometimes seem foolish, but their stream of useless chatter conceals cunning and intelligent minds. What seems like a slip of the tongue is always a carefully planted hint, and flightiness disguises their incredible patience. Giggling usually means that someone’s about to get hurt…

Appearance:

As noted above, Valhanna and Dhellani have the ability to change their facial characteristics. Their favored face is, however, that of two young Oriental girls with long dark hair and laughing eyes. Both of them are very small and slender, but though they seem fragile, they are dangerous.

Weapons and technology:

Although both of them are trained to use each other’s weapons, they nonetheless have preferences. Val prefers to have two pistols that can be set to tranquilize, stun, injure, or kill, a laser handgun, and two laser blades on her person at all times. Dhel has the same kind of pistols, but also carried six small but deadly plasma firearms, and a Laraj-made weapon called a “sansen.” The sansen resembles a black leather-covered stick about the length of an arm, and when used, causes either pain or death, controlled by the user. A sansen has no triggers and cannot be used unless a person has been attuned to it by the original owners (in this case, Val and Dhel). What makes it even more remarkable is that a sansen has no overt controls, and indeed, none but Laraj have ever been able to use one; perhaps genetics has something to do it.

They also have one last technological equipment. While it resembles a jeweled pin in their ear, it allows the two of them to constantly communicate with each other either by subvocalizing or actually speaking. If activated, it can also read carefully formulated thoughts (but only Laraj thoughts), which can be handy during missions. It also has access to a very well-programmed computer search engine that provides all sorts of useful information.

17. AcrobaticHippo

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    Fehazh hiring two more mercenaries? Seems Dailan isn't enough after all...:D

Kidding, kidding. It looks good to me, but we'll see what Crusader says.

18. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Lol, if you like, I can change it. :)

19. AcrobaticHippo

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    Nonono it's good, Fehazh is going to be very happy with three top warriors on his side, and besides, he has the moolah to go around :D

I'm alright with what you put in the profile, and I recognise that your characters kinda resemble you in a way- it's pretty cool, I never thought of making Adrianna like myself for this RPG :)

20. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    :D I like having most of my characters resemble me in some way.

Anyway, you can expect a post on this tomorrow, and as Crusader can tell you, most of my posts are abnormally long. He complains about it all the time. ;)

Search tags for this page

camradership means