OOC Thread - RPG #12

Discussion in 'RPG #12 - Fallen' started by Nienor, Nov 27, 2005.

1. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Okay i did a few pictures today of my characters so i thought id post em, not very detailed ones and without colour but enough.

The first one's of Dailan, without trenchcoat in the more 'hands on' getup, light but manouverable armour and kitted up, I also did a drawing of the gun he's holding because the idea was cool, not the one mentioned in his profile but still groovy in my opinion.

Next one of adran, less detailed, i think his face ended up the same as dailans but a little different so dont take it as a direct appearance, its good though at showing his skinny and lithe built aswell as his outfit and weapon. Ive dont a few drawings of SAM because the idea for him came from doodles i did when bored but ill have to find a suitable one later.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2008
  2. AcrobaticHippo

AcrobaticHippo Determined

In Turtleopia, training Elan's turtles :P
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    Hey, great drawings! I like the details on their outfits and guns. I imagined Dailan to have more hair though :D

I can't even draw stick figures properly and my scanner is one f**ked-up piece of crap so when I find a suitable pic of Adrianna on google search I'll put it up here.

3. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, my scanner has always been dodgy but ive worked out how to work it now.

as for dailan's hair, im not too decided on it at the moment, for one i cant really draw hair too well so that could be it, so it could welll be longer. The pictures are just really visual aids, feel free to extrapolate them.

4. AcrobaticHippo

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    *grumblegrumble* Out of sheer boredom, I got a post up (the length proves that I have no life) , it doesn't add any new plot twists or continue the story that much, but it provides an insight into whet went on elsewhere during the alert.

This rpg (apart from 11) has potential, and I don't want it to die out soon, so I'll talk to Met and see if he's interested in joining.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2005
  5. Morgan_of_Salerone

Morgan_of_Salerone New Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I agree with the first part, Cru. You really have a knack for detail. And Jnanee, at least you have a scanner.

Um....sorry to have neglected the RPG... I've been a little busier than I expected to be lately... I'll try to make up for it, I don't want to see this RPG die either... *smiles nervously and vigorously starts typing up a post*

6. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    sorry for picking holes but why are ground forces being used here and the fleet being launched from the base, this is a space battle, based around an ambush in an unihabited system so that we can crash on the planet in question, the rebel fleet has supposedly been movign in secret for weeks and if we're near any civilised planets when we crash it would be far too easy to signal a rescue.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2005
  7. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    good history morgan, should be interesting when we get down there. Also, feel free to set up some political or religious imbalances or some plotline for us to land ourselves in, like power struggles or something between the two religious grounps, sun and moon, or the two specieis or anything else you feel free to choose, untill we get down there its all yours.

8. AcrobaticHippo

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    What? When your last post said something about the hangar being under attack, I assumed that you meant some of the fleets were trying to attack the base itself but there'll be reinforcements behind, surely the Elhcha would have to station some forces in the base if they don't want their headquarters to get blown up, but the important people (e.g. Adrianna and Fehazh) will be in the space battle with the major armies, so really the focus is on the space battle itself.

9. AcrobaticHippo

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    My scanner is useless...it's not like I can't work it, I can, but the installation CD suddenly went missing (I don't know who took it from the drawer) when I rebooted my computer (quite a while ago) so it's just lying there collecting dust...it's a pity...:(

I know what you mean, I won't be posting much after this month, school's starting and I won't have much time :p

10. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0

I think we've gotten ourselves mixed up, I though the RPG was starting just before the space battle, the rebel fleet had been moving for weeks in secret and are now in an ambush set by the USC in this distant, uncivilised system. We must have got crossed so you had us at the very beginning before the fleet was launched. In my understanding of things there is no base, we're in space and the 'hangar' i mentioned was the hangar aboard fehzah's flag-ship where other smaller ships like Adiranna's private craft are held.

11. AcrobaticHippo

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    What!? Then why would Fehazh hire Dailan at the last minute before doing it back at the base and make sure everything is prepared?

It's okay anyway, I thought it'd be more practical if the Elhcha were caught completely unawares while preparing fully in their base rather than gliding through space trying to get ready (they're not so naive as to think that the USC will wait patiently for a date), but I'll edit the chunk of the post when i have time if you want.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2005
  12. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    because dailan was already witrh the rebel fleet, and it isnt the last minute because they dont know about the ambush, to them theres still days left before their attack, he was with the rebel fleet looking for work and because he's expensive it took time for anyone to be interested.

I think my side is better as why would the USC attack their base? theyd have to move their fleet through all the rebel controlled space for the attack so taking them unawares wouldnt be practical, also having the rebel fleet moored at a planet means theyb be twice as vulnerable, more like pearl harbour, and wouldnt really have as much a chance as they would in a full battle ready fleet as they would in my version. And finally if we're on the rebel's own planet how are we supposed to crash on an uncivilised planet lightyears from any help, if we're near this planet you have us on then it would be too easy to signal a rescue. Also the first post of the RPG mentions the fleet has already been launched and has been moving in space for some time.

13. Morgan_of_Salerone

Morgan_of_Salerone New Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    *simply shakes head at both, rather amused*

14. AcrobaticHippo

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    Actually, I'd already edited my post, but I couldn't resist... :D(the chunk below is to prove I wasn't making a half-past suggestion)

Don't underestimate the Elhcha, they know the USC too well to think that they'll be "good" enough to stipulate a time to attack and give the Elhcha time to get ready. I think my side is better, since it's obviously better to stay in the base and ensure that all is well and confirm the hiring of mercenaries (and Fehazh wants only the best, money is no object when it comes to that), instead of floating around in dangerous grounds confirming things at the last minute. The USC may think that by then the Elhcha would have gotten ready when they have already left their base, so attacking their unguarded base is easier compared to attacking them when they're already far away from their home. And if you say "oh, they're moored at their base", the USC-initiated attack needs to be very effective, where do you think the Elhcha dropped from? The black hole? I was thinking that yes, the USC gains a upper hand by suddenly attacking the Elhcha base, look at how impactful the attack on Pearl Harbour was? I was also under the impression that the USC armies are big so they'd form a thick crescent of sorts, and that also the planets are close-knit, so eventually most of the Elhcha forces push them further and further to the boundaries, and Adrianna and Adran fight their way through the crescent and sneak off, but just as they go out of sight Dailan and some USC soldiers chase them (including that high-powered craft you were talking about, swordbreaker or something I forgot) and crash on some unknown, undiscovered planet outside the rebel-controlled area.

As for the last part, I probably misunderstood it, I thought they were preparing it for battle, y'know, test-drive it and all, before going back to Earth.

Oh, and I see morgan is amused by our :argue: so let's leave it at that, we want this RPG to move along nicely, so let's leave it as your idea then. :p

Last edited: Dec 21, 2005
  15. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    yes good points made on your side of the arguement, were this different then we could end up going that way but remember, in the planning of this RPG we already set out how the battle is going to happen (*), where it takes place, how everyone got there and such, which is what i was working from. in that original idea the ellcha and the rest of the rebels werent counting on a huge battle, they were going for a raid on a nearly unguarded USC dock, so they could capture the ships for their own cause, the USC found out (somehow) so wait in ambush in deep space where they can remain hidden and where they can combat the rebel fleet without unexpected backup, like forces rallied from their homeworlds to aid them.

but i agree, argueing gets us nowhere lets just keep this thing going, im going to go over what weve done already and make sure ive got it all before i make another post, this time a dailan one.

(*-the original battle plan on page three of the discussion for this RPG):

Last edited: Dec 21, 2005
  16. AcrobaticHippo

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    AHHH damn how could I be so stupid and forgetful...the later part of the discussion and all the stuff going on in my RL pushed that out of my mind...

Well, since I've remembered the original plan, and gotten over the confusion I had from your post, we can keep it to your idea, and continue. ^^

17. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    right good thing thats sorted, i was worried about posting again just incase i got it mixed up again, so ill try and get a post in soon.

we can keep everything you added though, the USC moving out of their hiding place and lining up in crescent formation above the solar system and such, as that would fit in nicely.

18. AcrobaticHippo

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    Awww, it seems poor Dailan now has many parties hating him -the USC, his sister and Adrianna (when she finds out he's going to kill her for her scum of a father) who's Bann, btw? (it can't hurt to ask :D)

19. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    muwahaha, maybe ill save that for later, i just thought I'd throw in an extra character for interest, and if you think about it a bit you might figure out who all these people are, a clue; she's not actually his sister.

20. AcrobaticHippo

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    Alright, maybe it's time for me to reduce the rate of my dying brain cells... :D

So, if I look at it in another way, Dailan was once with the USC and they form a "brotherhood" or sorts in there? Meaning, they use to call their comrades "brother" or "sister"? And Bann is Gia's...okay, there're various possibilities here, but I won't list any so I won't spoil anything.

Oh, and Merry Christmas to everyone in this thread! :)

Search tags for this page

camradership means