OOC Thread - RPG #1

Discussion in 'RPG #1 - Under the Dark of Night' started by Nienor, Apr 10, 2004.

1. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I'd have to agree, after a week or more of marching through the country side, Alvarel's minions just snapped their fingers and BOOM, they were in some town burning everything, and torching the woods, I suppose that the 3,000 plus skilled warriors that were in this woods never even saw them?

2. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    And the fact that I'm not in any woods may have something to do with it.

and the land between me and the castle is open ground so theres not much to torch. And timescale wise by the time this captain has left your keep I'll be attacking.

just a few small problems you see, and a few more that dont need mentioing yet.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2004
  3. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I think the fact that Traivel and his men are in the area, negates the possibility of a hoard of Orc's slipping past unnoticed, at the very least they can pay attention to what's going on around them, eh?

4. Lego

Lego God amongst men

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    Ok basically Alvarel has gone over the edge, he's not just your average baddie any more, he has quite literally gone totally insane! he is sending his cronies out all over the place, this could be a waekness as he is no longer strategically minded, he is just causing as much havoc as he can, with no actual plan or anything. I don't really know what to compare it too, but if you have read or seen Children of Dune then Alvarel is behaving exactly like Alia, he has no reason no plan, his mind is full of madness, his obsession has taken hold of him and nothing now remains of what he used to be because which I want to reveal later that Alvarel hasn't always been a bad person, things have happened to him to make him like this, which will all be explained before his death, but yeah he is crazy doing all kinds of stuff, I wouldn't be surprised if he blows up his own tower, and kill his own people (he's not, more likely his people will turn against him). He is throwing out everything he's got in one go.

Plus I mean a big bad like Alvarel isn't going to just sit there and let you waltz in I mean give me at least a little time to react to what you've been doing, I know I wasn't on for awhile but I've been really busy with school work, but an awful lot has happened in just the space of two pages, shouldn't the pace be slowed down just a little?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2004
  5. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    The last two pages took weeks to write, there was plenty of time for you to post. Personally, I don't have any trouble with the Alvarel madness thing, or him sending out his cronies to cause trouble. What has me, and Some of the others upset is the way it was done. In one short post you had your soldiers leave your keep, travel to god knows where, burn and kill an entire town, then torch the country side. That is a little off for a couple of reasons.

1) Since it took the rest of us days to travel as far as we have, it doesn't seem right for you to do it in the blink of an eye.

2) With some of the people you are up against, it would be highly unlikely, if not impossible for Alvarel to slip a force that size through without being noticed.

I think that you have a good thing going in your vendetta with Gwandon, that is a good thread to the story, and the description of Alvarel and his madness you gave here also makes for some interesting possibilities. All we are asking is that you keep it consistent with the pace of the RPG, and don't go over the top with creating monsters/using magic. Keep in mind that we (at least most of us) have tried to keep our characters on the same level. It wouldn't fit with the story line if I had my character sprout wings and fly around killing people with a machine gun.

6. Lego

Lego God amongst men

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    All right i will fimnish my last post up to where alvarel sent his general away.

7. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    That's cool, perhaps they can cause some trouble for Gwandon since they are likely headed in his direction. :D

8. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    yeah keep things believeable and consistent, this isnt RPG 3!!!!! which reminds me *note to self, make eieshar go insane*

fair enough alvarel is going mad and killing whoever he wants mostly out of paranoia and whatever, but burning the whole coutryside is not very likely and any chance of doing so to delay me or turin is even more unlikely. I'm less than a mile from your fortress ready to make my charge, with a twist or two, by the time your captain guy has finished his convo with you, I'll be on my way, by the time any small number of troops are mobilised theybe be in battle. Sure you can pull out pikes and archers or whatever insane creatures youve got, but torching the field is not gonna happen.

I'll accept you sending pidgeons for your men elsewhere to torch whatever they llike, but right here and now, its battle time.

like i said before, coursework to do, I'll definately post by next weekend.

9. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    OMG!?!?!

did i jsut post?

10. Nienor

Nienor Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    OMG, did Hell just freeze over? :eek:

11. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    yes, but it is winter, so its slightly less significant.

12. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Anyhoo leggy, seeing as im making the charge I should make the first comabt move (the ruels say we have to organise this carefully). So I'll wait untill you tell me how your troops are set out to counter the charge.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Good post Crusader.

14. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    not bad yourself, i was hoping the 'good' post would be the one where the fighting actually happebeds, but first i need leggy's sepcs on who im charging at.

15. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Nice post Legolas, should we leave the strategy of the main battle in Crusaders hands since you didn't mention it? Just curious.

16. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Is that actually a word?

17. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Whoah, sorry its my typing, the speed has increased drastically over the last year but the problem is accurace, so I make a lot of typos, you should see some of them; brothings (brother) was one i made last week.

oh and nice psot leggy, i still need info on your apecs though, i cant really make it up myself, thats cheating.

18. Lego

Lego God amongst men

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    Well Alvarel is pretty much not the best person to rule at the moment, I must stress the point though that Alvarel is not like Sauron, he is an Ordinary elf that has just taken the wrong path in life, and so he is just as human as evryone else, which will hopefully become apparent later on.

19. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    okay so the question begs; who am i charging at and what are they doing. Is it a couple of hundred locals pushed into fight, or a couple of thousands, theres probably monsters too but how many? and how are the humans lined up to defend, are they relying on archers or pikes or just fottsoldiers. this is the kinda stuff i need to know in order to fight without making it seem too easy for me.

20. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Who are we waiting on anyway? I think we're due for another post from Nik and Legolas.