One thing I've found out on the new Dark Elves codex

Discussion in 'Games Workshop' started by azuren82, Oct 9, 2008.

1. azuren82

azuren82 Berserk got banned...

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Well, just got the latest DE codex and concerning the rules, all I can say is: This is so gay. So super gay. And to think that High Elves actually got upgraded in 7th ed only to be upstaged by DE. :S

P.S: Anybody who wants the new codex, feel free to contact me through email. :)

2. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0
    so I take it now the DE are the new power team?
    it does seem that GW thinks that releasing a new codex (and models) means that the "new" army must be uber powerful!
    Just remember the appearance of Tau in 40K (which is even more prone to power playing armies)

3. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    tbh, the Eternal Hatred rule is for all DE units now. Or at least those who are DE in reality. That was the only universal rule for them. But some of the specific rules are way too gay for the system. Like how Sorceress can spam power dice and the gay hit re-roll shit for Blackguard. And don't even get me started on the stats and Malekith. That's too gay.

In fact, the only thing HE can do against those annoying buggers is how they can use the Speed of Asuryan and Valor of Ages rule.

Not to mention that Empire nvr really got any buffing. I truly hope that Wood Elves got some real buffing after seeing the shit rules of HE and DE. :S

4. Overread

Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0
    might be a change for the whole system - 40D seems to be having a change to tougher cheaper units if you look at the new ork codex -ergo bigger armies (number of models are needed).

Problem is cause GW only release codexes slowly that its often the case that many armies need an update - heck in 40K necron are currently almost unplayable (sorry for all the 40K refrences its what I know best ;))

and I hope WE get a boost :)

5. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    zzzzz most DE players fail at utilising their skill, so nobody has to worry.

On that note, I hope WE sink into un-existance like Squats. Useless race. LOL

6. Overread

Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0
    only place we don't exist is Warmaster! ;)

7. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    tbh, I'm not too sure on your comments on DE. Possible that ppl will spam them by now. :S What you've said here may not apply to the future DE ppl until the next codex for all we know.

And on the WE issue, I take it as a difference in opinion. Unless of course if you go like "No you're wrong and I'm right" kind of shit. In which case, yeah ppl will and should question your maturity lol!

8. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Basically, most DE players have no clue how to play DE. They just suck with them. DE are hard to play with properly.

Who cares about my maturity. WE suck lol. Silly men sitting in trees. GG on that.

9. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    So I guess you're saying DE have a very high learning curve? But tbh, I guess the unit cost for the DE may be raised. I dunno tbh. On a side note I noticed that DE scored like shit during the Nemesis Crown campaign throughout so there may be a point from you here. But what you've said is for the previous ed. What actually will happen at this current ed remains to be seen. In fact, I remember the stats and rules for DE are on the par with HE and WE on an overall basis. But it seems that the balance is screwed now with the new DEs. :(

As for the issue of maturity, go ahead and laugh. I don't mind that anyway. It's all abt opinions anyway. As long as you admitted the presence of difference in the aspect of opinions, all is well. :) I'm not going stick my finger to you on that as long as you don't question my intellect on all things opinions. In fact, you don't see me doing that. :)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  10. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    I don't question you or anyone's intellect. I consider you all equally void of intelligence, so that's not a problem for me.

Well I noticed DE players suck more in the 40k world than the WHF world, but I have seen a lot of WHF players, and well....they don't win a lot lol

11. Overread

Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0
    we DE 40K was designed to be an experienced players army - not for newer players.
    Also they are way behind every other army in terms of rules review (ie they are on a very old codex) so they are playing with a disadvantage in that respect to

it could also be that the DE players in your area Met are just poor players ;)

12. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    And you're too stuffed up with pride in all things opinion. Get real, Met. Not everybody agrees with you on this aspect. By saying everyone who said things you chose to differ as void of intell, I think maybe you're the one with the prob. :p

Ok, enuff on the whole issue of stubborn pride. Let's go onto the real subject. Btw, anyone of you guys are thinking that the balance of power in WHF has shifted to the DEs in the gaming aspect with the new codex? I do have an odd feeling that DEs will be super popular with n00bs now. :S

13. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Who said anything about agreeing? I don't actually care about other people's opinions on most matters, and so if caring is not present then there is no pride.

I have a feeling that no matter how cheese an army may come off as, n00bs will still be n00bs, and so will still be beaten. Everyone complained about the cheese Archaon possessed when he first came on, but my friend and I destroyed him before he did anything even substantial. It's a matter of knowing your weakness and covering it up/not showing it whilst putting your strengths foward to exploit the weakness you find in the armies of your opponent.

Traps are a great thing. Since you can actually exploit an opponent's strengths. If you can get a particularly strong opponent squad to push too far foward they may find themselves cut off from backup and can easily be taken out by surrouding it with superior numbers or cross fire, etc.

Again, it's not only about individual model statistics but player adaptability and skill. No doubt GW know what they are doing and though they may be a few overpowered things, things are still all fairly balanced. Each race has their reemeding traits them.

14. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Well, there's logic in what you've said here. Which only served to reinforced my speculation that DE units can be more expensive now. And yeah, anybody knows that Witch Elves got nerfed? :D