One of my HP fanfics

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Anir, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Anir

Anir New Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    When I was a little younger, I wrote a lot of Harry Potter fan fiction. I never posted it anywhere though. Most of it is pretty hokey and makes little to no sense, since I sucked at writing, but I'm willing to face the ridicule and post it a chapter at a time.

Truth is Beauty (NO idea why I named it this)

Chapter one: Prongs

“Prongs! Oy, Prongs!”

James Potter turned around to see a handsome black-haired boy standing a few feet away, along with a small nervous-looking boy with mousy brown hair and a sandy-haired gaunt boy.

“Hey, Padfoot! Save me a seat, I’ll be there in a second!” he yelled over the din of Platform 9 ¾ . He turned back to the arrivals gate. She should be arriving soon. But where was she? Finally he spotted a bushy crop of red hair and pushed his way through the nervous looking first years to get to her.

“Hey, Evans! Fancy getting a compartment with me?” he asked the girl in question as he came closer.

“Not even if you were the last boy on earth, Potter,” snapped Lily Evans as she heaved her trunk onto the train. James’ face fell. Lily was always so . . . so snappish with him. Just as he was about to say something else, he felt a nudge on his knee. He looked down to see a bear-like black dog standing there whining.

“Oh, is this your dog, James?” asked a voice that was decidedly not Lily’s. He looked up with a start. Vanessa Clearwater had crept up behind him as Lily had slunk away. Vanessa was looking at him with her doe-like eyes, turning up her charm to full, but James was not swayed. The dog, however, seemed to like her. He lay down at her feet, panting in a self-satisfied way, and rolled over in an unspoken plea for a belly-rub. James, though smiling, said to the dog through gritted teeth, “Get on that bloody train, you stupid git!”

The dog slunk away towards the train, looking back every so often with a pleading look on his face. James glared at him, and finally the dog disappeared. Vanessa, however, was still there.

“I heard you were looking for a compartment, James. We can look for one together, if you like.”

“Uh, no thanks,” said James, looking for an escape route, “because I’ve just remembered that Sirius, Remus and Peter are looking for me.”

Quickly he dodged away from Vanessa and dashed onto the train. He quickly found the compartment the other Marauders were in and ducked inside. Panting, he turned to face Sirius, who was laughing uproariously.

“You’re an absolute idiot, d’you know that, Black?” he asked, glaring at him. Sirius Black grinned back at him, his black hair falling into his eyes in a handsome way.

“How many people could have seen you, eh?”

“It was just for a laugh . . .”

“Will you still be laughing when Professor Dumbledore expels you for being an illegal Animagus?”

“Well, if he did, I’d tell him all about you two.”

“You wouldn’t!” squealed Peter Pettigrew indignantly.

“Oh yes I would!” said Sirius with a pompous air. “We Marauders die together!”

“Well, I’d prefer it if you three didn’t get expelled,” said Remus Lupin quietly. At that, all three fell silent, remembering all of the full moons that had come and went. James sat staring out of the window.

“By the way, how was your chat with Lily?” asked Peter, his nose poking out from behind the magazine he was reading. Before James could reply, Sirius cried, “Wait! I think I’m getting a precognitive wave! James was . . . was . . . rejected yet again!”

James glared at the still grinning Sirius.

“Well, if you must know, yes,” he said dejectedly.

“I think that’s a new record,” said Peter, winking at Sirius. “I don’t think he’s ever been turned down by Lily that fast before.”

Sirius roared with laughter. A couple of girls passing by the compartment door glanced inside and waved at Sirius. Winking, he waved back, and then closed the door. Remus leaned back in his seat and sighed. James noticed how tired he looked.

“Full moon coming up, then?” he said off-handedly, though he had the lunar calendar for the next few months memorized. Silently, Remus nodded.

“Day after tomorrow. Reckon you all can still come?”

He tried to say it in a nonchalant way, but his friends knew what it meant to him that they came down with him. They sat in silence for a while, during which Remus dropped off to sleep, but he awoke a while later as the lunch trolley came around. They played a few games of Exploding Snap, and Sirius made the acute observation that if you added an “E” to the end of “Snap” it became “Snape” which made the game Exploding Snape. Peter drew a rather nice illustration of what this might look like, and they all had a laugh over this. Peter got down his chessboard and he and Remus played, although since Remus was so tired and not really thinking straight, Peter won. Finally, though, the Hogwarts Express pulled into Hogsmeade station.

The Marauders got into an empty carriage and pulled out the Marauder’s Map. After tapping it and swearing that they were up to no good, they monitored the castle’s inhabitants. Everything seemed to be in place. When they got to the feast, they were greeted by a surprise. A large banner with the legend “HAPPY BIRTHDAY PROFESSOR ARCHIBALD!” on it seemed to take up a lot of ceiling space, and as James’ eyes traveled along the staff table, he saw a new face. Professor Archibald had a thin, wrinkled face, watery grey eyes and fluffy grey hair. As the Marauders took their seats, Nearly Headless Nick popped up beside Peter. Peter, unfazed, asked him about his summer.

“Oh, it was all right, I suppose, but Peeves was simply unmanageable. Without the Bloody Baron I don’t think we’d have ever been able to subdue him. He was going on about the castle being too quiet without you four, so he wanted to make a little excitement.

“Excellent!” crowed Sirius. “We’re officially troublemakers now! Even Peeves likes our stuff!”

Before he could congratulate himself some more, Dumbledore stood up, and Sirius quieted down.

“I only wish to say this before you all devour the feast: Remember our motto: Dracon Dormiens Nunquam Titallandus. Thank you.” He sat down and immediately food appeared on the tables.

“What does that mean?” asked Peter through a mouthful of chicken.

“I’ve looked it up,” said Remus, picking through his steak and kidney pie. “Apparently, it’s Latin. It means ‘Never Tickle a Sleeping Dragon.’”

There was a silence.

“You’re joking,” said Sirius finally, looking at Remus as if to make sure that he was still not mad.

“No, I’m not. That’s what it means.”

“‘Never Tickle a Sleeping Dragon?’ What do they think we are, idiots? Who in their right minds would want to go near a dragon, much less tickle a sleeping one?” asked Sirius, still slightly skeptical.

“Dunno. Someone looking for a laugh?” suggested James, who was much more interested in his mashed potatoes then he was in sleeping dragons.

After desert, in which were some very delicious ice creams, Dumbledore stood up.

“No doubt you all would wish to retire to your dormitories and sleep, but first I must impress upon you certain points. Firstly, our caretaker, Mr. Omri, would like me to remind you that all of the forbidden items are listed on the piece of paper in front of his office. Also, any students caught using those items will be dealt with severely. In other matters, we have a new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. As our other one seems to have run off screaming about banshees in the North Tower, I have recruited Professor Archibald, an old colleague of mine to take the post. Incidentally, it is his birthday. You do not have to sing to him, though if you want to, you must do so later. Lastly, I would like to remind all of the students that the Forbidden Forest is still, true to its name, forbidden,” here his eyes flickered over the Marauders. “But now, you are all tired, and I know that you’ll want to be fresh for tomorrow, so for now, Good-night!”

There was a great clattering and banging as the students rose from their tables and moved toward the doors to the entrance hall. Yawning, the Marauders gave the Fat Lady the password (“Goblin grudges!”) and set off to bed.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  2. Artisteri

Artisteri Webcomic Artist

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Aww that was really sweet. I love seeing the interactions of their little group when they were young (and snappish Lily is so fun sometimes :p).

Great job!

I would recommend making spaces between the paragraphs though, just so it's easier on the eye to read.

Got any more? :)

3. Anir

Anir New Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Chapter two: The problem with werewolves

The first day of lessons passed without much happening, except for a couple of Slytherins getting hexed (though the Marauders swore that they knew nothing) and James started to feel a little crowded. Vanessa Clearwater had taken to following him around, and James had never felt more uncomfortable. Finally the night of the full moon came around. Madam Pomfrey had stopped showing Remus down to the Whomping Willow, so he had no trouble sneaking his friends in. They often arrived early to eat a little something. This night was no different.

James had always noticed the joy in Remus’ face whenever they came, and he suspected that when Remus transformed at home, it was very violent, because he always had much fiercer looking scars whenever he returned from one of those. Although James knew that the werewolf didn’t understand friendship, it knew that the animals that came with it were nice to it, and so, instead of ripping them apart, it returned the favor. The Marauders enjoyed these little parties, but all too soon the first rays of the moon made their way into the Shrieking Shack. Sirius quickly transformed into the shaggy black dog, Peter into a rat, and James started the transformation into a stag.
    He could never quite describe it. He didn’t know exactly what came first, but he always knew the gracefulness, the energy, the regal quality of a stag. This time, he was pretty sure the antlers came slightly before the rest, but before he knew it, he was a stag. He felt full of power as the stag, but at the same time, he knew he was a prey animal. At first, they didn’t know how James would be able to fit in and out as a stag, but there was just enough room for him to squeeze out. The entrance and exit, however, were scored with gashes in the soil from very tight exits. As James stepped into the cool night air, with Sirius behind him and Peter riding on top of his antlers, he noticed something wrong.
    There was a girl standing on the edge of the lake. James looked at Sirius and nodded. He knew what to do. Sirius had to get the girl to safety while he, James, held off Remus. He heard the howl of the werewolf as it clawed its way out of the hole to the Shrieking Shack. It started to pant as it sighted the girl, but James leaped in front of him. He lowered his head. Remus growled. He dashed right, but James caught him. He dashed left, and James caught him again. He hoped Sirius was doing all right. Finally he heard Sirius’ signaling bark and withdrew, letting Remus race forward. But the girl wasn’t there anymore. Confused, the werewolf followed James and Sirius around the lake, and by the time they got back to the Shrieking Shack, it was in a marginally cheerful mood. Finally the first rays of dawn came and Remus turned back into himself. James, Sirius and Peter did the same. Remus looked tired, but he didn’t have any serious wounds. Rubbing his eyes he inquired about the previous night.
    “There was a girl on the grounds,” said James, and seeing the panic-stricken look on Remus’ face, quickly reassured him, “but Sirius got her out of the way while I kept you off of her.”
    Turning to Sirius he asked, “By the way, Padfoot, who was it?”
    “Vanessa Clearwater, and if you ask me, she’s absolutely obsessed with you, Prongsie ol’ boy. I think she must have thought that I was your dog. Finally I had to do my rabid act just to get her into the castle. Mental. Absolutely mental. Maybe if I’d brought Wormtail I could’ve gotten a good scream out of her.” He looked thoughtful, as if he was already planning out an attack. Peter hit him with an empty pumpkin juice jug and Sirius retaliated by giving him a noogie. They all made their way up to the dormitory, as it was too early for breakfast, to find Vanessa Clearwater in hysterics.
    “James Potter! Where were you last night? Your dog attacked me! I swear it had rabies. And that’s not all; there was a wolf and stag there too! They looked like they were fighting! Oh, James!” Vanessa threw herself at James, but he sidestepped and she fell into Sirius’ arms instead. Sirius looked extremely pleased at this pleasant change of pace, and began comforting the trembling Vanessa. Stifling their laughter, Remus, James and Peter made their way up to the dormitory, where Frank Longbottom was still asleep. Remus was asleep before he had even lain down, while James took a little longer to fall asleep. He finally did fall asleep, and was shaken awake almost immediately by a jubilant Sirius.
    “S’up?” he mumbled, groping for his glasses. When he put them on he looked up at Sirius sleepily, waiting for an explanation.
    “It’s happened!” he yelled, pummeling James with a pillow.
    “What’s happened?” asked James, grabbing his own pillow and chucking it at Sirius.
    “Vanessa’s finally come to her senses and realized that I’m the one for her, not you! We’ve hooked up!”
    All the noise caused Frank Longbottom to sit up, rubbing his eyes.
    “What’s going on? Why are you yelling, Sirius? I’m trying to sleep here,” he grumbled before turning over and going back to sleep again. Peter, after chucking his own pillow at Sirius, which connected squarely with the side of Sirius’ head, got up and looked at his alarm-clock.
    “Blimey, Padfoot, it’s only six-thirty!” he said angrily. Remus moaned in his sleep and turned over, prompting the other three to lower their voices. James sat on his bed, a wistful look in his eye. He was imagining a quiet corridor in which Lily Evans was standing, where (hopefully) she would finally accept one of his invitations to Hogsmeade. Sirius, who was saying loudly how they should go down to an early breakfast, shook him from this pleasant daydream. Remus had woken up, and yawning, he walked into the bathroom to get ready. James got dressed next to Sirius.
    “Hey, Padfoot?”
    “Hm?” was the answer.
    “What do you think I should do? Y’know, to win Lily over?”
    Sirius thought for a moment. Then he appeared to have a brainwave.
    “Give her chocolate! Girls love chocolate!” he said triumphantly, grinning broadly. James threw his pillow at Sirius again, but he ducked.

When they finally made their way down into the Great Hall for breakfast, Lily was sitting near the entrance, reviewing her Transfiguration notes. When James approached she ignored him.
    “All right there, Evans?” asked James cheerfully.
    “None of your business, Potter. I saw what you did to Snape yesterday,” she said, glaring at him pointedly.
    “Oh, come off it,” said Sirius, scoffing. “He was trying to hex James from behind with that toenail hex that’s been floating around.”
    Lily huffed and disappeared behind her notes. Only when they were gone to the other end of the table did she look up, a wistful look on her face. If James had looked back at that exact moment, he would have caught it. Instead, he turned his attention to a large bowl of porridge. He saw Peter upend an entire bottle of ketchup over his eggs and grimaced as Peter gulped them down with gusto.
    “Wormtail, you do know that’s disgusting, right?” asked Sirius, voicing James’ own opinion. Remus only nibbled at his toast and sipped a little pumpkin juice before pushing his plate away.
    “Oh, go on, Moony, eat a little more toast! You’re too thin as it is,” said Peter encouragingly, still gulping his ketchup-smothered eggs. Remus shook his head, looking queasy. Peter shrugged and didn’t press the subject.
    Their first subject was Transfiguration. James transfigured his crow into a goblet with ease, as did Sirius. Remus did alright, considering he accidentally set his crow on fire when he dozed off, and Peter did it in three tries, although it was black instead of silver and still had a few lingering feathers. James spent the rest of the class passing notes with Sirius and Remus, as Peter was trying to stop his goblet from cawing.
    What do you reckon I should do to win Lily over, Moony?
    I told you, mate, give her chocolate.
    I wasn’t talking to you, Sirius.
    Well, chocolate is a good idea. I think that Lily likes that new fudge from Honeydukes. She told me while we were doing our rounds.
    What’s it called, Moony?
    Chocolate Cheesecake Delight.
    Thank you, Moony! Have I ever told you you’re brilliant?
    Hey, I came up with the chocolate idea!
    Oh, fine, Padfoot, I acknowledge your genius as well.
    As well you should.
    Oh, no, McGonagall’s coming. We’ll talk later.
    James hid the note in his bag as the stern figure of Professor McGonagall drew closer. Looking down at his goblet, she nodded. As she walked away, James took out the piece of parchment that the notes had been written on and wrote at the bottom, “Get Chocolate Cheesecake Delight for L.E.”
    As the day drew on, he had a little more on his mind then Honeydukes fudge. History of Magic seemed to last for hours, as usual. Remus managed to catch up on a lot of sleep during the class and James only remained conscious long enough to note the subject. For some strange, unexplainable reason, only Peter could stay conscious in Professor Binns’ class, and the Marauders often depended on his notes to pass the subject. Sirius and James played a game of hangman, and practiced levitating each other’s quills. Finally the class was over, and, after nudging Remus awake, they made their way through the corridors. After Charms (which was Remus’ best subject) it was time for lunch. Remus ate more than he had at breakfast, while Peter ate shepherds pie with a half-bottle of ketchup on it. James wondered why Peter liked ketchup so much as he ate his own lunch.

The next Hogsmeade weekend happened to be that weekend, so when James went into the village, his first stop was Honeydukes. As he looked around for the fudge, Sirius debated whether or not he could persuade a house-elf to sneak some Cockroach Cluster onto Snape’s plate. Remus said no while Peter said maybe, and they debated this hotly for a few minutes as James purchased a large box of fudge with an ornate lid.
    After that, they immediately went over to Zonko’s, where Sirius blew most of his savings on Dungbombs, and Peter asked whether it would be practical to spend half of his savings on joke supplies now, and half somewhere else, or to just splurge here.
    “Spend it all,” said Sirius, taking his change from the witch at the cash register.
    “Save some,” said Remus at the same time, while he was looking at a jar of eyeballs (Astound Your Friends and Disgust Your Enemies!) with a mixture of interest and revulsion on his pale face. They looked at James as the tie-breaker.
    “Oh, I dunno,” he mumbled, feeling a little put on the spot. “Save some. That way, you can buy your own butterbeer.”
    “Good point, that,” said Peter, and bought ten galleons worth of Stink-pellets, Hiccup Sweets, and Dungbombs.
    They left Zonko’s and decided to go for a butterbeer in the Three Broomsticks. While Sirius went to go get the drinks, James asked Remus, “How d’you think I should give the fudge to Lily?”
    Remus pondered this for a minute.
    “Well, you could put it on her bed, with a note that says, oh, I don’t know, ‘To Lily, the sweetest flower around, Love James’ or something equally sappy, but I don’t know how you’ll get it up there.”
    James looked crushed for a moment, but then saw a loop-hole.
    “Remus,” he said excitedly, “Does the spell on the staircase apply to animals?”

4. Anir

Anir New Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Chapter two: The problem with werewolves

The first day of lessons passed without much happening, except for a couple of Slytherins getting hexed (though the Marauders swore that they knew nothing) and James started to feel a little crowded. Vanessa Clearwater had taken to following him around, and James had never felt more uncomfortable. Finally the night of the full moon came around. Madam Pomfrey had stopped showing Remus down to the Whomping Willow, so he had no trouble sneaking his friends in. They often arrived early to eat a little something. This night was no different.

James had always noticed the joy in Remus’ face whenever they came, and he suspected that when Remus transformed at home, it was very violent, because he always had much fiercer looking scars whenever he returned from one of those. Although James knew that the werewolf didn’t understand friendship, it knew that the animals that came with it were nice to it, and so, instead of ripping them apart, it returned the favor. The Marauders enjoyed these little parties, but all too soon the first rays of the moon made their way into the Shrieking Shack. Sirius quickly transformed into the shaggy black dog, Peter into a rat, and James started the transformation into a stag.

He could never quite describe it. He didn’t know exactly what came first, but he always knew the gracefulness, the energy, the regal quality of a stag. This time, he was pretty sure the antlers came slightly before the rest, but before he knew it, he was a stag. He felt full of power as the stag, but at the same time, he knew he was a prey animal. At first, they didn’t know how James would be able to fit in and out as a stag, but there was just enough room for him to squeeze out. The entrance and exit, however, were scored with gashes in the soil from very tight exits. As James stepped into the cool night air, with Sirius behind him and Peter riding on top of his antlers, he noticed something wrong.

There was a girl standing on the edge of the lake. James looked at Sirius and nodded. He knew what to do. Sirius had to get the girl to safety while he, James, held off Remus. He heard the howl of the werewolf as it clawed its way out of the hole to the Shrieking Shack. It started to pant as it sighted the girl, but James leaped in front of him. He lowered his head. Remus growled. He dashed right, but James caught him. He dashed left, and James caught him again. He hoped Sirius was doing all right. Finally he heard Sirius’ signaling bark and withdrew, letting Remus race forward. But the girl wasn’t there anymore. Confused, the werewolf followed James and Sirius around the lake, and by the time they got back to the Shrieking Shack, it was in a marginally cheerful mood. Finally the first rays of dawn came and Remus turned back into himself. James, Sirius and Peter did the same. Remus looked tired, but he didn’t have any serious wounds. Rubbing his eyes he inquired about the previous night.

“There was a girl on the grounds,” said James, and seeing the panic-stricken look on Remus’ face, quickly reassured him, “but Sirius got her out of the way while I kept you off of her.”

Turning to Sirius he asked, “By the way, Padfoot, who was it?”

“Vanessa Clearwater, and if you ask me, she’s absolutely obsessed with you, Prongsie ol’ boy. I think she must have thought that I was your dog. Finally I had to do my rabid act just to get her into the castle. Mental. Absolutely mental. Maybe if I’d brought Wormtail I could’ve gotten a good scream out of her.” He looked thoughtful, as if he was already planning out an attack. Peter hit him with an empty pumpkin juice jug and Sirius retaliated by giving him a noogie. They all made their way up to the dormitory, as it was too early for breakfast, to find Vanessa Clearwater in hysterics.

“James Potter! Where were you last night? Your dog attacked me! I swear it had rabies. And that’s not all; there was a wolf and stag there too! They looked like they were fighting! Oh, James!” Vanessa threw herself at James, but he sidestepped and she fell into Sirius’ arms instead. Sirius looked extremely pleased at this pleasant change of pace, and began comforting the trembling Vanessa. Stifling their laughter, Remus, James and Peter made their way up to the dormitory, where Frank Longbottom was still asleep. Remus was asleep before he had even lain down, while James took a little longer to fall asleep. He finally did fall asleep, and was shaken awake almost immediately by a jubilant Sirius.

“S’up?” he mumbled, groping for his glasses. When he put them on he looked up at Sirius sleepily, waiting for an explanation.

“It’s happened!” he yelled, pummeling James with a pillow.

“What’s happened?” asked James, grabbing his own pillow and chucking it at Sirius.

“Vanessa’s finally come to her senses and realized that I’m the one for her, not you! We’ve hooked up!”

All the noise caused Frank Longbottom to sit up, rubbing his eyes.

“What’s going on? Why are you yelling, Sirius? I’m trying to sleep here,” he grumbled before turning over and going back to sleep again. Peter, after chucking his own pillow at Sirius, which connected squarely with the side of Sirius’ head, got up and looked at his alarm-clock.

“Blimey, Padfoot, it’s only six-thirty!” he said angrily. Remus moaned in his sleep and turned over, prompting the other three to lower their voices. James sat on his bed, a wistful look in his eye. He was imagining a quiet corridor in which Lily Evans was standing, where (hopefully) she would finally accept one of his invitations to Hogsmeade. Sirius, who was saying loudly how they should go down to an early breakfast, shook him from this pleasant daydream. Remus had woken up, and yawning, he walked into the bathroom to get ready. James got dressed next to Sirius.

“Hey, Padfoot?”

“Hm?” was the answer.

“What do you think I should do? Y’know, to win Lily over?”

Sirius thought for a moment. Then he appeared to have a brainwave.

“Give her chocolate! Girls love chocolate!” he said triumphantly, grinning broadly. James threw his pillow at Sirius again, but he ducked.

When they finally made their way down into the Great Hall for breakfast, Lily was sitting near the entrance, reviewing her Transfiguration notes. When James approached she ignored him.

“All right there, Evans?” asked James cheerfully.

“None of your business, Potter. I saw what you did to Snape yesterday,” she said, glaring at him pointedly.

“Oh, come off it,” said Sirius, scoffing. “He was trying to hex James from behind with that toenail hex that’s been floating around.”

Lily huffed and disappeared behind her notes. Only when they were gone to the other end of the table did she look up, a wistful look on her face. If James had looked back at that exact moment, he would have caught it. Instead, he turned his attention to a large bowl of porridge. He saw Peter upend an entire bottle of ketchup over his eggs and grimaced as Peter gulped them down with gusto.

“Wormtail, you do know that’s disgusting, right?” asked Sirius, voicing James’ own opinion. Remus only nibbled at his toast and sipped a little pumpkin juice before pushing his plate away.

“Oh, go on, Moony, eat a little more toast! You’re too thin as it is,” said Peter encouragingly, still gulping his ketchup-smothered eggs. Remus shook his head, looking queasy. Peter shrugged and didn’t press the subject.

Their first subject was Transfiguration. James transfigured his crow into a goblet with ease, as did Sirius. Remus did alright, considering he accidentally set his crow on fire when he dozed off, and Peter did it in three tries, although it was black instead of silver and still had a few lingering feathers. James spent the rest of the class passing notes with Sirius and Remus, as Peter was trying to stop his goblet from cawing.

What do you reckon I should do to win Lily over, Moony?

I told you, mate, give her chocolate.

I wasn’t talking to you, Sirius.

Well, chocolate is a good idea. I think that Lily likes that new fudge from Honeydukes. She told me while we were doing our rounds.

What’s it called, Moony?

Chocolate Cheesecake Delight.

Thank you, Moony! Have I ever told you you’re brilliant?

Hey, I came up with the chocolate idea!

Oh, fine, Padfoot, I acknowledge your genius as well.

As well you should.

Oh, no, McGonagall’s coming. We’ll talk later.

James hid the note in his bag as the stern figure of Professor McGonagall drew closer. Looking down at his goblet, she nodded. As she walked away, James took out the piece of parchment that the notes had been written on and wrote at the bottom, “Get Chocolate Cheesecake Delight for L.E.”

As the day drew on, he had a little more on his mind then Honeydukes fudge. History of Magic seemed to last for hours, as usual. Remus managed to catch up on a lot of sleep during the class and James only remained conscious long enough to note the subject. For some strange, unexplainable reason, only Peter could stay conscious in Professor Binns’ class, and the Marauders often depended on his notes to pass the subject. Sirius and James played a game of hangman, and practiced levitating each other’s quills. Finally the class was over, and, after nudging Remus awake, they made their way through the corridors. After Charms (which was Remus’ best subject) it was time for lunch. Remus ate more than he had at breakfast, while Peter ate shepherds pie with a half-bottle of ketchup on it. James wondered why Peter liked ketchup so much as he ate his own lunch.

The next Hogsmeade weekend happened to be that weekend, so when James went into the village, his first stop was Honeydukes. As he looked around for the fudge, Sirius debated whether or not he could persuade a house-elf to sneak some Cockroach Cluster onto Snape’s plate. Remus said no while Peter said maybe, and they debated this hotly for a few minutes as James purchased a large box of fudge with an ornate lid.

After that, they immediately went over to Zonko’s, where Sirius blew most of his savings on Dungbombs, and Peter asked whether it would be practical to spend half of his savings on joke supplies now, and half somewhere else, or to just splurge here.

“Spend it all,” said Sirius, taking his change from the witch at the cash register.

“Save some,” said Remus at the same time, while he was looking at a jar of eyeballs (Astound Your Friends and Disgust Your Enemies!) with a mixture of interest and revulsion on his pale face. They looked at James as the tie-breaker.

“Oh, I dunno,” he mumbled, feeling a little put on the spot. “Save some. That way, you can buy your own butterbeer.”

“Good point, that,” said Peter, and bought ten galleons worth of Stink-pellets, Hiccup Sweets, and Dungbombs.

They left Zonko’s and decided to go for a butterbeer in the Three Broomsticks. While Sirius went to go get the drinks, James asked Remus, “How d’you think I should give the fudge to Lily?”

Remus pondered this for a minute.

“Well, you could put it on her bed, with a note that says, oh, I don’t know, ‘To Lily, the sweetest flower around, Love James’ or something equally sappy, but I don’t know how you’ll get it up there.”

James looked crushed for a moment, but then saw a loop-hole.

“Remus,” he said excitedly, “Does the spell on the staircase apply to animals?”

Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  5. Artisteri

Artisteri Webcomic Artist

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Oh I think the second way is much easier to read. And again great job with this one, it flows very naturally with the foursome, I want to know what happens next! Do you have more?

6. Anir

Anir New Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I have more. I wrote the whole thing, and near the end it starts to get a little odd, cuz I didn't know how to end it.