Official "Waiting for ADWD" Thread

Discussion in 'A Song of Ice and Fire' started by Liadan, Jun 4, 2010.

1. LyannaWolfBlood

LyannaWolfBlood Ella Dictadora

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    That's an idea - it would be a fascinating twist if Dany's main role in the story consisted of gathering her army and then she died and someone else gained control over it... maybe Victarian, Tyrion or Quentyn Martell?

2. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +342 / 1 / -0
    And considering that a major part of her army is a slave army with an unbreakable loyalty to their master/mistress the idea that another could take over her whole army after her death is a distinct possibility.

3. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    I like the idea that Bran will warg one of the dragons.

Anyway, we'll see what happens with the rest of the storyline. However, I am officially requesting help on the Westeros boards (that link is my first post/argument/wall-of-text/shameless self-promotion).

Basically, the summary of the thread is that people are arguing on whether or not 1) the Tysha incident could be construed as Tyrion raping Tysha, 2) whether or not Bronn/Shae betrayed Tyrion, and 3) whether or not Tyrion's killing of Shae and Tywin to be justified. My personal interpretation of the thread is that people are answering the questions based on three different interpretations: 1) the real world's ethics/codes of laws, 2) Westeros's ethics/codes of laws, and 3) what I call the moral value system of "the story" (AKA, when Tyrion kills Tywin, we're all really happy and excited and feel that it's emotionally justified because Tywin was awful to Tyrion). Now, I'm certainly not invalidating the third, because reader reaction is important, but I think a lot of the posters are allowing personal opinions to color whether or not it's rape/betrayal/murder.

AKA: HALP PLS (and/or contribute to an entertaining thread).

4. Ser Land

Ser Land New Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Danny seems to be building an almost messiah status. Now, messiahs have a way of getting killed rather early on and being used by higher powers. Still, she's Martin's girl of the pretty purple eyes, so...

Come to think of it, though, there's a certain beauty with purple eyes in another of Martin's books that gets killed rather early too.

5. LyannaWolfBlood

LyannaWolfBlood Ella Dictadora

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    @ Lia: Sorry, I missed that! It does look like an interesting thread, although you clearly didn't need any backup at all - great analysis!

6. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    I gave up on arguing. :C I had too much school work to deal with, and then two weeks later I'm terrified of reading through all the replies. Avoidance ftw!