Official * A Dance with Dragons * Thread

Discussion in 'A Song of Ice and Fire' started by Appaliq, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Appaliq

Appaliq No One

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    NOTE: This thread is for those who have read up to and including A Feast for Crows. If you have only watched HBO's Game of Thrones, or you have not finished book 4 - continue at your own risk.

In exactly 2 weeks, most of us will be stretching our reading muscles, gearing up to take down A Dance with Dragons. I don't know about you guys, but I've got a game plan. I can't seem to find any midnight releases in Indianapolis (Martin will be here for a book signing on the 16th), but you can bet I'll be knocking on Barnes & Noble's door at 9:00AM. Did I mention I'm taking two days off work? I tell myself it's so that I can focus on the novel and enjoy it slowly - but who are we kidding? It's so I don't go mad waiting to get off work to read & stab someone on accident. Stick them with the pointy end!

What are you guys doing for the release? I wish we lived closer to one another, we could have a release party!

What are you most looking forward to in the next book?

*** SPOILER ALERT ***

- Finding out where Rickon has been all this time
    - Cersei's demise
    - Tyrion's view on all things Daenerys Targaryen
    - THE BULL, THE BULL, THE BULL (He may not be in ADwD actually...)

*** SPOILER ALERT FOR THE REST OF THIS THREAD ***

2. Lord Beric

Lord Beric LORD BERIC

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    One week away! Trying to time my re-read perfectly. I have two chapters and an epilogue remaining for SOS and AFFC in its entirely.

Glad that my wait is almost over. Never been able to find a book/series that can hold a candle to this one. Going to get me a ton of junk food and coffee. Might get fired, divorced and dis-owned as I've been re-reading for about a month now (neglecting the rest of my life) and won't be able to put ADwD down.

Appaliq, I'm mostly excited about the return of Tyrion. You know he is going to make things interesting. Pretty pumped about some of the new POVs as well.

3. LyannaWolfBlood

LyannaWolfBlood Ella Dictadora

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    OMG APP'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D How are you?

Anyway, to get on to the question... this is going to be complicated. I'm in Italy which should pose no problems - that is what amazon is for after all - but I'm leaving a few days after the release. So if I order the book and the Italian postal service messes up (which is practically a given) I won't get it before I leave. Now, if I was going straight back to Ireland at least it would only be delayed by a few days and I could buy it there, but I'm going to rural France where the chances of buying a book in English aren't high. So, theoretically, I might not be able to get my hands on the book until I get back to Ireland. In August. Needless to say, I'm spending a fortune paying for express delivery from amazon and crossing my fingers that I get it in time.

I'm also looking forward to Tyrion, and I agree with Beric about the new POVs. One I've heard of sounds particularly intriguing (not saying more in case people don't want to be spoiled).