Now here's one...

Discussion in 'Questions' started by Pegasus, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Pegasus

Pegasus Immortal

Astride the back of a winged beast, sailing over m
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Before I get flamed, prodded or otherwise shunned by the TTF community, I've got a question regarding link posting.
    Well, is it allowed, for one. The website in refrence is a personal project I've been working on for some time now- a fantasy and science fiction RPG site- and I'd like a bit of feedback on the progress. I know for a fact that some forums don't appreciate members posting things like that since it 'steals their clientelle' or it's some link to a 'mature rating' site that fractures fragile minds, but the site I've created is completely moderated and must adhere to a classification standard so there's no trouble with that one.
    Perhaps I'm just being pedantic about the whole thing, but an answer to my question would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Pegasus

2. Skyanide

Skyanide The Big Meanie Staff Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for asking in advance.

Our "policy" is that links are only allowed to be displayed in your homepage spot in your profile.

While we aren't really concerned about "stealing clientelle", we are concerned about content. We understand that many members have sites that are entirely on the "up and up", please understand that we have to be impartial and fair to ALL members. Meaning, if we let member "A" post a link to his "decent site", then Member "B" will want to post links to his site that may not be "decent". Then what ends up happening is that we end up being the Link Police, checking the content of other sites. We don't want that, so in the end we have made it board policy to disallow them altogether.

And while we cannot control outside sites that may harm "fragile minds", by the same token we do not have to be a party to the "discovery of the trash on the internet" nor do we have to use our bandwidth to be an advertising medium for those sites. There are various means of getting your site listed and advertised, what I suggest is that you use those methods.

So homepage profile it is. However, should you have acquaintances here in our community, there is no reason that you cannot PM the link to those who are interested.

Thanks,

Skyanide
    TFF Forum Manager

3. Pegasus

Pegasus Immortal

Astride the back of a winged beast, sailing over m
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I figured as much :) I've had it displayed in my profile to begin with, but I was more interested in a general opinion rather than a form of advertising.
    Thanks for your time, anyhow.