November

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by olivia_the_lamb, Oct 1, 2008.

1. olivia_the_lamb

olivia_the_lamb Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    Okay so here is my new 10 minute play. I hate it. I don't even care or know if it is 10 minutes long. It's based on a true story. The format is messed up when i paste it but whatever.

Dramatis Personae
    Olivia, fifteen year old high school student in her sophomore year, plays in the marching band
    Jacob, seventeen year old high school student in his senior year, plays in the marching band

Setting
    Two best friends enjoying one another’s company on a porch in a small town of Midwest America. A cold November night.

Olivia: Does Anne know you’re here?

Jacob: No… she thinks I am at work. I didn’t tell her that I was getting off early.

Olivia: Hmm… What about your parents?

Jacob: Mom and dad never ask. As long as I am home before midnight on the weeknights they are satisfied.

Olivia: Sounds good to me… I am so glad that we don’t have marching practice anymore. It’s been great to sleep in.

Jacob: Oh I know. Drumline had to be there earlier than you guys did. God that was horrible.

Olivia: Without the practice you couldn’t be the best drumline though! I can’t believe all the awards you guys got.

Jacob: I know… but we sucked ass at Bands of America… ugh.

Olivia: If you didn’t notice Jacob, the whole band sucked ass at BOA, the drumline was actually the highlight.

Jacob: Yeah, I guess you’re right. Oh, I need to leave at 10 PM tonight.

Olivia: Okay?

Jacob: I told Anne I’d stop by when I “got off work”.

Olivia: Oh…. Okay.

Jacob: Well how was your day?

Olivia: Umm… well I guess it was alright. I mean I missed a couple of classes because I went to the nurse. French class was great. We got to watch those videos you French I students made.

Jacob: Haha! Awesome! That was so fun on the bus to BOA when you, Sonya, Brady, and I made those up. Oh, why’d you go to the nurse? Was your stomach acting up again?

Olivia: Uh, no. I just wasn’t feeling great that’s all.

Jacob: Oh… are you okay? …. Hey, what’s that? Why do you have a bandaid on your wrist?

Olivia: Well… um..
    (Olivia pauses, speechless)

Jacob: Did you hurt yourself?

Olivia: Y-yeah.

Jacob: With what?

Olivia: A pin I got from BOA that was on my messenger bag…

Jacob: When did you do this?

Olivia: Um… three days ago in the bathroom during art class
    (They sit in silent for a moment, until Jacob angrily begins to speak)
    Jacob: Why? Why did you do that?

Olivia: Jacob… everyone hates me because Anne hates me.

Jacob: Who gives a shit about what Anne thinks?

Olivia: Everyone that I was friends with that now hates me…

Jacob: What about me? I’m her boyfriend and I don’t hate you. I lie to her all the time just so I can still see you every night. Liv, you are my best friend. If I have to, I will choose you over her… but this is stupid.

Olivia: Jacob… I’m just so depressed. I was humiliated in front of the entire band. Everyone knows that I like you now. It’s embarrassing, especially since you have a girlfriend who you have been dating for over two years. I feel like no one likes me at all…

Jacob: I could name over twenty people that love you to death, and you know you could too.

Olivia: Yeah but that isn’t the point… I don’t want to hurt myself… but I feel... I feel like I deserve it. I just hate myself and I hate my life.

Jacob: Look… you know about my cousin that killed himself when I was sixteen. Please don’t put me through that. I love you and care about you so much.

Olivia: I won’t kill myself… but I’m scared. I hate feeling like this.

Jacob: I’m here for you. You know I am. Does anyone else know?

Olivia: The nurse does… I thought was infected so I talked to her because I was scared. She sent me to the school counselor from the mental health center. Her name is Kelly and she’s really nice… She’s only here on Tuesdays though.

Jacob: Well good… I am glad that you’re going to get help. I want to help you. Promise me you won’t hurt yourself again… Olivia? Promise it… please.

Olivia: Okay… I promise.

Jacob: Good. I’m glad you told me.
    Olivia: Well, I care about you… a lot.

Jacob: I care about you too. Damn… It’s 10 PM. I have to go now. I will call you when I leave Anne’s okay?
    (They stand up and hug)
    Olivia: Alright, bye Jacob.

Jacob: Bye.

2. olivia_the_lamb

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    By the way, a day or so later, my friend "Jacob" made this song up about me:

Stuff is tough when you're Rhiannon
    You wish you had a lobster cannon

and then he stopped because we were laughing too hard. So yeah, I had my own theme song once.

3. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    lmao that song is amazing, a kid I knew wrote me a theme song once, but I don't remember how it went, and the play is pretty deep, but it does look like it could use some polishing as I'm sure you know, it's always interesting to see that side of interaction between people

4. olivia_the_lamb

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    yeah I just don't really give a shit about the play anymore. I'm going to "polish" it the night before class or maybe even that day. everyone can just suck it. lol

5. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    lmao that's the spirit

6. olivia_the_lamb

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    yeah the spirit that will probably get me a bad grade *shrug*

7. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    from the sound of it your professor's a douche anyway

8. olivia_the_lamb

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    he's a funny douche.... but as a great man once said "You can put lipstick on Sarah Palin and she's still a pig" heh heh