'Not A Blog' Speculation

Discussion in 'A Song of Ice and Fire' started by Appaliq, May 11, 2007.

1. Arianne

Arianne New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Interesting Maester, very interesting...

I think it is too early that someone of them, Jon or Dany dies...
    But maybe they could still survive both, at least in ADWD.

(sorry for my english)

2. Gwywen

Gwywen Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    (First of all please forgive me my English for it's not my first language)

About the Kingsmaker/Queensmaker item, I'm trying to figure why Ser Gerold Dayne hurt Myrcella so badly. Half her face was chopped off, she will never be a queen (which was part of Arianna's plan in the first place, to create a precedent).
    What's in it for Gerold if Myrcella does not become queen?
    Apparently it's quite important for him to keep things as they were and only sons can be heir to the throne.
    In the ASOIAF series we see things happen in the past as a mirror for things in the future.
    I say this because of the rumours that the baby Gregor smashed against the wall was not Aegon, and he and another baby were switched.
    In AFFC we also see two babies replaced, those of Dalla and Gilly since one is the son of a king and likely to get killed.
    Now I'll assume Aegon is still alive. Imagine what a son of bright-haired, violet-eyed Rhaegar and Dorne-dark Elia would look like. Probably like Gerold Dayne. Extremely handsome, purple eyes, silver with black hair (something like Prince Valarr from the Hedge Knight stories)
    We know nothing of his ancestry so far, neither do we know his age.
    So I think (hope) in ADWD we find out if my speculations are true. This might explain the title of the book, too.

But there is one thing that does not fit in my speculations: where does all this leave Jon???

-G-

3. Maester Joergensen

Maester Joergensen New Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    So Ashara Dayne, who is Handmaiden to princess Elia, switched Aegon with her own son by Ned. Gerold Dayne grow up in the Dayne Household and becomes a knight.
    This would really give good reason for Asharas suicide. Her baby, by the man she loves, had his head smashed against a wall. Her beloved brother is then killed by the man she loves. Off course the baby she used doesn´t have to be her child by Ned. She could have got some baby off the street. But it would be more effective. Babyes look alike. And if both her baby and baby Aegon has purple eyes, as those are trait that run in both the Targaryen and the Dayne family, people would believe him to be Aegon. That would explain the existence of a family in Westeros, not of Valaryan descent, who still have purple eyes as a familytrait. GRRM neaded them. Either for this ruse, or to provoke all these theories. That would also explain why Gerold could be accepted as a Dayne. If Ashara was with child, and it was believed to be by her husband, people would think Gerold to be that child. Was Ashara married?
    As the son of Rheagar and Lyanna, and Lord Commander of the Nights Watch.

4. Kraas

Kraas New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I still think that Jon being the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna would be too perfect. I mean, he's already the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, he's proven that he's reliable and capable, and he's got more respect than he ever got as just Eddard Stark's bastard. I like him much better as the son of some commoner, or even Ashara Dayne. If the situation was ZOMG HIDDEN ROYAL ANCESTRY, that would just be sickeningly sweet, at least for me.

That being said...I would be rather please if he and Dany hooked up. But there's a pessimistic voice in my head saying "You like that character so she's going to DIE..."

5. Gwywen

Gwywen Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    All right, so Dany was the last of the Targaryens, she dies, and at that moment Jon's real ancestry is revealed and he is going to be king of the seven Kingdoms...
    Could be a possibility, but it does not fit with the Queensmaker-things from AFFC. If that would be of no importance, GRRM would not have mentioned it in his books.

6. Ender-Zero

Ender-Zero Ruff Mercenary

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    Jon and Dany is something my brother and I always consider when we discuss ASoIaF on the phone. I would not put it past Martin to do that, I mean I could see that happening even though Jon is not supposed to marry.

7. Appaliq

Appaliq No One

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Jon isn't supposed to marry and Dany can't have children It's perfect!

Of course, Martin knows this is what the majority of his fans want - so he'll probably deny us all and kill off both of them. Oh well, I won't mind if a Martell sits the Iron Throne.

8. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't mind if 1) a Martell sat on the throne that wasn't Arianne, or really, if Myrcella did - I think she has it in her to be a good queen, provided she's separated from Cersei ASAP.

9. bloodfiredeath

bloodfiredeath Die by the Sword

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Maybe ole Jon boy will want to marry Dany and whatnot, as everyone wants; But will be torn between her and his family (i.e Bran and Missing Uncle Benjen) who seemed to have turned to the icy side? Who knows if ole coldhands and his wights are really the bad guys after all??
    And there is the possibility that the Ironborn will turn all these supposed relationships into a convoluted mess!
    Just some idle ramblings of a pessimist!

10. Maester Joergensen

Maester Joergensen New Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    It really is quite complicated. It could go so many ways.
    I completely failed to predict what direction aFfC were going to move when it came out.
    I only know that when it comes out I am going to be blown away by whatever George decides to let happen.

What do you guys nake of the new update.
    George says aDoD is going to contain a couple of POV-chapters by one of the persons in the new miniatureline, which means Melisandre, Sandor or Loras.

I think it will be Melisandre, I cn´t wait to get inside her head.