Non-serious thought: What if Luke and Leia were swopped?

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by The_Broker, Feb 3, 2007.

1. The_Broker

The_Broker Prepare to be BROKERED!

The country of Brokerton on 1234 The Place You Wan
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    By swopped I mean who took who. Imagine if Luke was instead raised by Bail Organa while Leia wound up being a farmgirl, how do you think things would be?

2. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    My guess is that Luke would be a senator, curious after his father...don't know what Bail would have told him, but I think he would have told more than his uncle Owen...So he would have the same obsession, so if Bail told him his father was a Jedi, he would certainly want to be a Jedi too. Bail would have allowed contact with Obi-Wan Kenobi, at least not as strict as Owen. So in the end the same would have happened although it could have been that he would be more experienced, since Bail supported the Jedi and Owen didn't

Leia would be raised as a farmgirl...curious about her mother. Owen probably would say that A Jedi killed her mother, although he didn't tell that to Luke, so probably he would have told her the same story as he did to Luke. If R2 found Leia he probably brought her in contact with Obi-Wan Kenobi the same way as he did with Luke...Now the question is...would Luke be training on Tatooine, since Bail wasn't as strict as Owen? Or on Dagobah...the difference is that the secret would be kept as in the movies that they are twins. But if Luke was on tatooine it would have been more difficult to keep that a secret.

3. The_Broker

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Interesting.... mine isn't nearly so well thought out as yours Anakin. I figured it'd be very near the same... cept obviously, the roles would be swopped. Then I came up with some problems...

Would Leia deal with someone seedy like Han? How would Han treat her?

Then it opened up a flood gate of things like... would Luke be treated as well as Leia? Or would he be far more tortured? Thus, you have my view now.

4. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    Han's first interest in her was because she was a good fighter, and she was rich...the fact she would still be a good fighter would turn him on, the fact that she's poor would turn him off, nevertheless I think they would eventually would get together.

About Luke being tortured I'm not sure what you mean by that. You mean by Vader...cause if Bail took him as his son, he would have treated him the same way, although I'm beginning to doubt how much he would have told Luke, cause it seems Leia didn't know that much about her mother either.

5. The_Broker

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I'm just saying I think Luke would have been tortured even more for being male. And you make good points about Leia, Han was interested in her money at first. Without money, not much else.

6. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    You mean on the death star...but you dont know if Luke would have been captured if he was swapped...I mean like I said, Bail could have granted Luke to train as a Jedi...so he wouldn't be on the Tantive IV...would he be captured? Would he be already on Tatooine to train with Ben? Would he be on Dagobah...we don't know

7. lewy

lewy Lewy the lethal lunatic!

In the darkest valleys of death and despair...
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    han only accepted helping luke rescuing leia because she was rich and a princess... wonder if he would if she was a poor farmer boy, but perhaps she would never be captured...

8. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    Of course she wouldn't be captured, remember broker suggested a situation where they are swapped...so it wouldn't be Leia who would be captured...small chance is that also Luke wouldn't be captured. It's too complicated to figure out what would really happen. I don't think things would go exactly the same way. It doesn't have to do anything because one is male one is female, no its their connection they feel with their real father and mother. Like I said...would Bail allow Luke to be trained as a Jedi, just because he was more obsessed with his father than Leia was.