nightmare thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Arkonian Doyle, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Arkonian Doyle

Arkonian Doyle Escapist

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    what's your worst nightmare?

==no more dr pepper
    ==no more comics
    ==no more hairspray

it's the beginning of the apocalypse:eek:

2. Richard Falken

Richard Falken The Best Epic Literature Ever Written.

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I once dreamt I was a having a bus trip through the Dimension of Gnomes (a parallel dimension full of friendly gnomes). It was one of those trips for tourists where they try to take you for sightseeing around the most relevant parts of the place. At some point, somebody told us that the gnomes had just declared war against the humankind, and a lot of gnomes started appearing and jumping on the bus from the sides of the road, trying to get into and kill everybody.

The gnomes fired green energy balls through the windows and started killing everybody, until the driver and I were the two last humans left standing. I grabbed a minigun from behind a seat and started pumping lead into the evil gnomes. Then a gnome killed the driver and the bus crashed against a tree. There was a big explosion and flames and smoke and Hollywood special effects.

Some knomes from the forest started to gather around the place of the explosion, laugthing and celebrating, but then I emerged from the flames like Terminator and started castig magic fireballs against them. A fierce battle followed.

There is much more to the dream, but I'd better stop it there before I ruin my reputation.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  3. Arkonian Doyle

Arkonian Doyle Escapist

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    You made my day:D

4. Firiath

Firiath Halfling barbarian

Ratings:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    I wouldn't call that a nightmare, though, because that sounds effing AWESOME.

The only nightmare(s) I've been having recently (which aren't a lot, which I'm very happy about) are all about work and university stuff - coming to late, not finding the right rooms, and all that. Those dreams have become kind of a tradition at the beginning of new semesters. :D

I'll gladly share my future nightmares here, however. I just hope they won't be too bad. :confused:

5. Richard Falken

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    School and college nightmares are very bad. I once dreamt that my History teacher gave me a score of 0.75 in Electronics.

Then I dreamt that I had a Topography test, which consisted in mapping the surroundings of a castle. The problem is that the castle was surrounded by scary dark knights that were supposed to kill you on sight if they catched you with the topographic gear. As usual, the dream soon turned into me holding a theodolyte in one hand, a sword in the other, and running around mapping and killing bad guys.

It was a test that was taken in groups of two people. The most hillarious part was when I was on the top of some stairs of the castle, and I was hitting a knight with a sword, but the knight didn't die, and I screamed "Hell, these knights are lasting more than the first ones!" My mate screamed back "The enemies are leveling up, we need to find a Broadsword +3 to counter them!"

In the end we got into the dungeons of the castle and found the Broadsword +3 and somehow managed to map the whole place, but the teacher would only give us a score of 6 because of our uncivic behaviour towards the castle personel.

These dreams sound awesome when you tell them, but when you are having them they are sorta scarey because, well, you are in a dark place surrounded by blood-thirsty enemies and such...

6. Novanta

Novanta New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    :D

I don't have nightmares that often, hardly ever actually. But I am plagued by dreams. I NEVER have a restful night. My head is full all night long, with very hectic dreams. I am always trying to;
    a) get somewhere that I cannot reach, either I am running and it is hopelessly far or I get lost, or my mode of transport is crazy, ie; a car that needs fixing, I get it running only for it to morph into a bicycle. Then its chain comes off...blah blah...
    b) warn a loved one or friend of some impending danger, but I cannot make them hear, my voice is faint or there is a huge glass barrier.
    c) complete some mad mission that is constantly changing its parameters

Honestly, I feel worn out in the mornings, mentally. I'd love to sleep peacefully!o_O

Going back to Arkonian Doyle's original post... I'd say a world without music. Or a world without boiling water, tea bags, and milk. In the same place. Gah ! I just know that will turn up in a dream of mine. Mission: travel t multiple continents on a quest to make a cuppa!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  7. Orkin

Orkin The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Had an interesting dream recently. Not sure if its a nightmare as such.
    First scene, I am gazing into the brown eyes of a lovely Indonesian lady who is telling me about her jungle people and their unique culture.
    Then her people are having a contest of arms, with real sharp weapons (swords or knives ore whatever they call those things), and I am shocked that they use no protection.
    Then she calls me; she is hiding behind the corner of a building. She asks me to bring her some cloth from her bag. Then she takes it and wraps it around her arm. It's bleeding badly, but she says that she is all right.

8. Richard Falken

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Whether it is a nightmare or not depends on how you felt about it, really.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Evorath

Evorath New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's my thought in a nutshell. I often have dreams that I imagine would be considered nightmares, but I also tend to know I'm dreaming. So, I make them into an adventure. I.E. zombie apocalypses, alien invasions, etc.

For me, the only real dreams I consider nightmares are when I get trapped back in a school situation. I'm done with that insanity.

10. Arkonian Doyle

Arkonian Doyle Escapist

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    [QUOTE

For me, the only real dreams I consider nightmares are when I get trapped back in a school situation. I'm done with that insanity.[/QUOTE]

Amen ;)

11. Orkin

Orkin The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    That's true enough. I've had REALLY weird dreams where I woke up thinking, aw that was COOL! Depends on one's mood I suppose. :eek:

12. Julie

Julie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    I used to keep a dream journal. That was interesting, 'cause after a short while, I really started remembering much more details from my dreams than I used to. But now, I can't really recall any of my nightmares.... Well, there was this one really bad one where just lots of family and friends of mine were dead, but even for that one, I don't remember any details anymore. Some of you have such fantasy-themed dreams!

13. Richard Falken

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I once thought about making a dream journal, but since I remember my dreams well enough and they are usually extremely silly, I thought it was wasting time in the end.

I mean, is a dream about fighting the cyborgs from the Opus Dei while riding a giant pegasus who breathes fire worth writing about? (And yes, I have had that dream)

14. Firiath

Ratings:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    A couple of days ago I had a really awful nightmare. I dreamed I had gone out with a friend and some of her friends and in the middle of the night we wanted to go back home for which he had to take a train. The streets were totally empty, it was just me, my friend, and three other girls walking to the train station, when suddenly two of the girls had bikes (suddenly, bikes!). They took my friend and the third girl with them on their rear racks and rode ahead while I ran after them. When I finally reached the train station it looked like they rode on back home, leaving me all alone, as there was noone else around. I crossed the train tracks to look at the schedule and read that the railway line was under construction so that no train would come, so I went back to look for a bus that might take me home. After crossing the tracks again I noticed that the path was pitch black and I could barely see where I was going, when suddenly a high-speed train (the Intercity-Express) passed. The lights were on inside the train and while it was passing it illuminated what was in front of me - I was looking at a beige shirt and jacket, and then realised that someone was standing right in front of me, uncomfortably close. The stranger said "Ah, I was wondering whether you're alone here" and then moved towards me while I tried to back away. I was so scared, but couldn't scream, and it felt as if my mouth was glued shut. I woke up because I was hyperventilating (which is the third time this year this happened, which had never happened to me before when I had had nightmares :S). :oops: Gosh, that was awful.

15. Julie

Julie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    That's worth writing about, ahhaha. New book idea?
    But I'm not sure if it's healthy to write it down and remember them. There's probably a reason our subconscious wants us to forget them, no? (c) Freud ^^
    Fun thing was that I started having lucid dreams. These are dreams you realize are dreams and then you do whatever you want!

@Firiath : sounds very creepy!

That does remind me, I used to get sleep paralysis. And that's the creepiest thing ever. It's when you wake up, but your body is still sleeping. You can open your eyes but can't speak or move. And you start getting really paranoid and hallucinate stuff. It's so scary 'cause you feel helpless. That scares me most of everything, being completely helpless when something bad happens. I used to have that sleep paralysis thingy often when I was going through some stuff, so I guess it's stress related. Or maybe the demons have moved on ;)

16. Firiath

Ratings:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    Sleep paralysis sounds really terrifying. I've read a lot about people hallucinating during sleep paralysis, and I'd probably die if that happened to me. :D Do you remember any of the hallucinations you've had?

As a teenager I used to be able to wake myself up when I had a nightmare. As soon as I noticed something was wrong in a dream I would shut my eyes firmly, concentrate, and wake up as soon as I opened them. I wish I could still do that.

17. Julie

Julie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Yes I remember the hallucinations. It's generally just people trying to get/getting into my room. And I'm always thinking they're gonna rape/kill me.
    As a kid, I could also wake myself up like that! Well sometimes it didn't work and I was "teleported" into another world which sometimes also was a scary one. I think if you start a dream journal, you might be able to do that again. Or not wake up, but take control of the story line, at least. That's what happened when I kept a dream journal.

18. Richard Falken

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Well, since it seems like it is worth writing about...

My dream started when I failed to get my homework right and my parents punished me. The punishment consisted in being sent to an Opus summer camp in which they were supposed to teach me how to become a good student.

The people there treated me like a slave and had me mopping the floor, dusting and performing similar maintenance tasks. One day, while I was cleaning the floor of a corridor, I heard a voice coming from a room. The door was half open and I peeped inside. A bishop was sitting behind his desk attending a phone call.

"Yes, Master, our plot to rule the world is moving on as planned!" said the bishop, and then he took is face off as if it was a mask, revealing the truth beneath it. The bishop was a cyborg! If you can imagine Terminator (the first film) then you have a good idea of what he was like.

He saw me and I ran away. Many Opus guys started to show up everywhere in the building, taking their faces off and pursuing me. I managed to escape the building and lose them all in the forest.

Soon after, I found a small dock by the river with a little boat. I thought that I could get the boat and use it to escape to a safer place, but when I got closer, the dock and the boat dissapeared because it was all an hollographic illusion. Instead of the dock, there was a giant -and I mean, house-sized- pegasus chained to a metal post.

"Stop tormenting me and kill me already, you Opus scum!" said the pegasus. "Or is there any experiment you have not carried out on me yet?"

The pegasus had been taken prisioner by the Opus cyborgs and had been the subject of many horrendous experiments, so I freed him. Once he as lose, many cyborgs jumped out of the forest. They had found me again!

"Jump on my back" screamed the pegasus towards me "for now we will bring great revenge and carnage upon our foes!"

So I somehow managed to jump on the pegasus, cyborgs started runnign towards us, and the pegasus started breathing fire and toasting the cyborgs just like a dragon. Once there were no cyborgs, we went back to the summer camp and turned it into ashes along with more cyborgs.

PS: Sleep paralysis sounds very very very awful.

• Creative Creative x 1
  19. Detth

Detth Wanderer

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Lately i have so busy and stressed because of college, i slept like 3-4 hrs a day during the week and had nightmares each night :confused:
    They usually had to do something with me struggling to understand subjects..One night i dreamt i was in class i really hate and the professor kinda terrorizes anyone who can't answer the question. So i dreamt he came up to me and began his fun, as he knew i was not doing well in that class. My voice was shaking and sweat was dripping on my notebook, then some guy started laughing and the professor told him to shut up, smiled and continued the lesson..

@Firiath i have had sleep paralysis once, i hallucinated i was levitating and levitated across my room up to the window, where there were two guys whispering about something. Funnily i was not terrified, i actually thought this was normal until i woke up..Flu hallucinations are worse i think, i had them for like a week during the summer, each night i dreamt of getting killed in horrible ways, my muscles hurt 24/7 and i felt as if a bus rode over me.

Has anyone snoozed on a desk and then suddenly woke up -hypnic jerks they call it? It happened to me last night, i woke up in shock as i ''dreamt'' someone backstabbed me with a spear, i felt the pain and even heard a noise in my room

20. Firiath

Ratings:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    I feel like @Richard Falken has the most epic dreams. :D

@Detth I have these hypnic jerks a lot, but they're not always related to dreams - as far as I remember.
    I once dreamed someone stabbed me, but very slowly, and he was basically just slowly pushing a knife into my belly, but didn't pierce my skin. I felt pain, however, and since then I've been so afraid of being stabbed, it's really dumb. :D