News - Restructuring!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Overread, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +342 / 1 / -0
    The recent restructuring phase is now completed.

You will notice that the forum Houses are now gone, they've been moved or combined (as listed below) into other areas of the site. With a smaller population it served no need to split the community as such between general and "house" topics which were the same.

There is some cleaning up with stickies that has to be done, hopefully over the next few days. Mostly removing duplicates and updating the content of some others.

You can review the changes below.

Also I'm looking for some people who are keen and eager readers who would be interested in running the book reading club on the site. You can see its been moved up to the book section and I'm looking to adjust permissions to make it easier to use for users; have a look and please do either mention here or send me a message if you'd be interested in running a reading group on the site.

SJ would also like anyone able to help run the writing competitions which will start up sometime soon.

Further if there are other site activities that you'd like to run or be a part of please do mention them now and we can start getting the ball rolling on them as well.

General Discussion:

Fantasy Worlds:
    Twilight - Archive (found in general discussions)

Weapons and Armour:
    General Weapons and Armour - no change

Lord of the Rings Weapons and Armour - rename "Lord of the Rings and other Fantasy Weapons and Armour"

Fantasy Weapons and Armour - move content into "Lord of the Rings and other Fantasy Weapons and Armour"

Functional Swords - move content to "General Weapons and Armour"

Historical Weapons and Armour - move content to "General Weapons and Armour"

Medieval Boards - no change

Leatherworking - move into "Costuming"

Costuming - rename "Historical Re-enactment"

Book forums:

Gaming forums:

Writing forums:
    move up the page so that it sits under General Discussion.
    Add "Self publishing" section

Houses: - note after the following changes this subsection can be closed as it will have no further purpose.

TFF House Discussions - archive

Art House - move section to "General Discussions". Retitle "User Created Art"

Fighters Guide - add content to historical re-enactment

Music House - add content to "General Music" (found in general discussions at the top)

Scribes House - move to Writing forums

Book Club - Move to Book forums

Photography House - add content to "User Created Art" (formerly known as "Art House")

Historian's House - move to "Weapons and Armour forums"

Movie club- add content to "General Films" (found in general discussions at the top)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hydrae

Hydrae Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I just signed up the other day but it's great to see things are still very active on the site in 2016. I'd be really interested in a book club since I've never been apart of one but my mom is fulltime for one group & occasional meets up with a second. With vandwelling on the brain I think an online book club especially for fantasy novels would be awesome.

Also, what does it entail to "help run" the writing competitions?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Midnattblod

Midnattblod Ranger of Shadow

Ratings:
    +528 / 3 / -0
    in regards to the writing competition, it probably means helping with setting it up and judging the entries. otherwise I'm not sure what else SJ would want you to help with.

• Like Like x 1
  4. S.J. Faerlind

S.J. Faerlind Flashlight Shadowhunter

Ratings:
    +298 / 2 / -1
    Running the short story contest isn't really difficult, you just have to be organized and committed to seeing it through once people sign up to go ahead with it. If I get more people willing to help organize it, I foresee everyone having an area of responsibility, such as: 1. recruiting judges and reminding them of deadlines 2. posting contest rules and reminding contestants of deadlines 3. Coming up with writing prompts and posting them in the contest thread 4. Coming up with a prize for the winner and mailing it after the contest is over.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Midnattblod

Ratings:
    +528 / 3 / -0
    obviously we need more people interested in doing the writing bit too lol.

• Like Like x 1
  6. S.J. Faerlind

S.J. Faerlind Flashlight Shadowhunter

Ratings:
    +298 / 2 / -1
    That's always the problem!!!! Not only that, but if we get 7 people who say they'll do it, probably only 2 or 3 will post anything. Last year when I offered to run the contest, nobody had indicated any interest in signing up when I came back to check on the thread. LOL!
    Don't stress about it though. People are busy and either they have time and/or motivation or they don't. It is what it is. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Midnattblod

Ratings:
    +528 / 3 / -0
    I signed up for last year. I think I was the only one though cause LY kinda disappeared around that time and yea

• Like Like x 1