NEWS: Gondorian Helm Edition Slashed to 2000

Discussion in 'Fantasy Weapons and Armour' started by CB Swords, Oct 21, 2004.

1. CB Swords

CB Swords Forum Administrator

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    After the catalogue came out UC slashed the edition size of the Gondorian helm to 2000.

They also decided that all future metal helms will be editions of 2000 only.

CBSwords placed a very very large order for this helm from the manufacturer on the morning of the day it was first available to order.

2. darthrage

darthrage Sith Lord of the Realm

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    When are you taking pre-orders? Some sites already are. I hope this won't affect the amount you (CBswords) end up with. I know I'll be getting this one and plan on getting it from CBswords. As well as Isildirs helm when available.

3. CB Swords

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    When sites take orders has no bearing on how many they receive from United Cutlery. What matters is your order size, history, and order date with United Cutlery themselves.

We'll be taking orders as soon as we have the hi res pictures and official information specs from United Cutlery.

4. darthrage

darthrage Sith Lord of the Realm

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Sweet, thanks for the info Chris.

5. GALADRIAL

GALADRIAL New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

This is Galadrial with an A, since now there are two of us. I wondered why UC was gonna make 5000 of them because I've seen on other forums when they post their Limited Edition numbers for King Elendil & Gimli Helms, that I haven't seen anything above 3000. My guess was that they weren't selling that well. I think it was a good decision for UC to only make 2000 of the Gondorian Helm. I wasn't gonna buy this helmet because it is going to be made from the same material as King Elendil helm is. I have had alot of trouble with RUST with the Elendil helm and wasn't gonna buy another helm that would give me the same problem. If I was gonna buy this helm I was gonna wait until the price went way down (which is happening to Gimli and Elendil helm). Now since there is only going to be 2000 made I might change my mind considering it may have a greater value in the future because of the lower number being made. Thanks Chris for the info, and now I have something to think about. :draught:

6. CB Swords

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Yes, the other helms just aren't as popular. This will allow them to make a wider variety of helms by freeing up the production resources quicker.

7. Dark Lord Sauron

Dark Lord Sauron Lord of Middle Earth

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Will limiting the helms to 2000 affect the price?

8. CB Swords

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Possibly, price is dependent on demand and demand is going to be affected by edition size.

9. Elven Prince

Elven Prince The Prettiest One

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately they did slash it to 2000. From 5000 that is very drastic. But i do see where UC are coming from, more they can sell, more money they make, more helms they can produce (other ones) and thus again the more they will sell.

But in my opinion..it might not be so good for the fans. With 2000 pieces only it means less of a chance for people to own one, less time to purchase one, and less time to save up. It might not be so good for people that are not that financially well off. I can put myself into that category, i really want them, but with uni i am very busy there so i'll have to scrape something together or something. What can you do though. What's been done has been done.

10. Dark Lord Sauron

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    What is involved in caring for an iron helm such as the Gondorian Helm?

11. Elrohir

Elrohir Firstborn

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    There is a fantastic product called TUF-CLOTH that puts a dry mineral oil coating on metals. I use it on my Elendil helm and have never had any problems with corrosion. It comes in a zip-lock packet, and is a soaked rag-- you wipe it on the help, and it dries to an invisible film. It was invented by Navy Seals to prevent rust on their weapons and equipment.

12. Dark Lord Sauron

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I'll have to look into that, thanks!

13. Thorin

Thorin Avatar of Darkness

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    There is also the widely used Renaissance wax, that everyone raves about. It gets used by some of the most historic museums. I have NEVER seen any rust on Elendils helm that i've had since August. I coated it the day it arrived, and I have never had to comepletely coat it since.

I was really hoping that they wouldn't slash the numbers down. It would save my some time to get some money for all these great helms. But such as it is... well... i have some deals with a few people =)

14. Jessehk

Jessehk The introverted

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    welcome back Grallen (AKA Thorin) :)

I think UC was really thinking when they made the elven helm a limited edition of 5000.
    Because of the price, it will most likely very popular compared to the other helms.

15. CB Swords

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
  16. SANCHO VII EL FUERTE

SANCHO VII EL FUERTE New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll get one, but I'm afraid the price in Spain will be really high.It'll be around 490 euros I think.

A lot of money, but It will be a good piece for my collection... :devilspin :devilspin :devilspin :devilspin :devilspin :devilspin :devilspin