New Witchking pics - this time with armour!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Witchking, Oct 28, 2003.

1. finrod

finrod Born to woe.

Trapped in my own dungeon together with a smelly h
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    remember that in the 'twilight' world he had a head as well as a body although they were not visible in the world of light. but that doesn't mean they weren't there.

2. finrod

finrod Born to woe.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    uhmmmm..... darn, seems you have posted your reply while I was typing my follow-up.

anyway, it was eowyn's sword that 'killed' him (actually it was gollum when he threw himself+ring into mt. doom) not merry's dagger. I don't think it would have made any difference if merry's blade was just a plain one.

3. Aramir

Aramir Ranger of the North

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    for reference it was merry and eowyn that killed the witchking, he was destroyed a few days before the ring

"As it went it sent out a long shrill cry, the voice of a Nazgul; but this cry no longer held any terror for them: it was a cry of woe and dismay, ill tidings for the Dark Tower.
    The Lord of the Ringswraiths had met his doom"

- The Land of Shadow, RotK

4. Anduril

Anduril Flame of the West

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I didn't say it was Merry's blade that did the death blow. And when I read it I got the impression that if Merry's blade hadn't been crafted by the Numenoreans then it wouldn't have had the effect it did. I think it also says something about it in the chapter where they get the daggers.

5. finrod

finrod Born to woe.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ok anduril I misundestood you.
    as for aramir: the ringwraiths couldn't be killed in battle remember? their fate was woven with that of the one ring. If it was possible for people to really kill them then why were they still alive after elronds flood? their 'physical' forms were destroyed, as well as their horses. If it were possible to personally kill them then they should have been dead by then but their spirits survived because they gained their liveforce from the one ring since it was that ring that created them(sauron used the ring to enslave them). they returned to mordor were they were ''recreated'' and sent out again.
    the fact that did didn't happen to the witchking is, in my opinion, purely due to the fact that the ring was destroyed before that could happen

6. Witchking

Witchking Undead Ringer

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Wahey! I've preordered one of those sideshow statues, can't wait to get him.

7. finrod

finrod Born to woe.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    congrats witchking ! I take it you ordered your namesake?

8. Witchking

Witchking Undead Ringer

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yep, I'll be flying to Ireland on my fell beast sometime in late december. I got a Fellowship prologue Elf warrior last week too, he's brilliant. They shipped him early and now I'm waiting on the big beastie.

9. Aramir

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    finrod im not saying you dont make good points, but you cant argue against the author himself, the book mentions many times that the witchking was killed, so that means he was killed, pretty much end of discussion i think

10. finrod

finrod Born to woe.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    is that so? as I recall it says that the witchkings armour and mantle were empty and his voice passed with the wind.
    Now I already agreed that his bodily form could be killed but I just don't think they killed his whole beiing, I think he was broken and reduced to a mere shadow (perhaps like Sauron after Gil-galad and Elendil 'killed' him) but not entirely gone.
    As the bible, there are different ways to look at lotr and different
    ways to interpret tolkiens words. Some people have different views and that's okay. I don't think the words ''end of discussion'' are appropriate in a discussion forum as that is what the forums are for.

11. Aramir

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    "Beyond hope the Captain of our foes has been destroyed, and you have heard the echo of his last despair"

-The Pyre of Denethor, RotK

Fair enough, end of discussion was the wrong thing to say for my part, but i choose to take his own writings as proof, and in a way other than the destruction of the ring was the witchking killed.
    There are a couple of points that i think help to prove this

- If it really had only been his physical body that was destroyed, he would have had plenty of time between his "death" and the battle at the black gates to flee back to mordor and take shape again

- Gandalf twice mentions the death of the morgul lord, once in the quote above, and in another; "He Studies the signs: the sword that robbed him of his treasure re-made, the winds of fortune turning in our favour, and the defeat unlooked for of his first assault; the fall of his great Captain"

consider this, the nine (including the witchking) were already "killed" at the fords of Bruinen, in so much as their physical forms simply being withered, but this was not taken as a major victory, the wise knew that the witchking still "lived" but after the Pelennor things changed, hope was felt in peoples hearts, Sauron grew fearful, and Gandalf himself speaks of the witchkings true death, brought about i believe by the magic wrought on merrys blade, a blade created when the northern kingdom was at war with angmar, a blade wrought with spells to fight angmar and its king

im not trying to push my beliefs or to force anybody into thinking my way, simply justifying my own :)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2003
  12. finrod

finrod Born to woe.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Okay, it's indeed what it says but wasn't sauron ''slain'' after his coming to grips with Elendil and Ereinion Gil-galad?
    I still think that the witchking wouldn't be destroyed forever weren't it not for the ring being thrown into the abyss. Again, if it was possible to slay the ringwraiths then why did they show up again
    after the fords of bruinen incident.

''and was never heard again in THAT age of this world''(witchking)

I don't think the above text needs any more explaining. ;)

13. Aramir

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sauron was a maia, the Witchking wasnt, if you read the text properly i stated that the incidents and after incidents at the fords and the Pelennor were different.

You first claim that the witchking wasnt destroyed totally untill the ring was, now use a quote to claim that he WASNT indeed totally destroyed and the open endedness of the sentence implies you think he might come back in a later age

And i refuse to take any more part in this disccusion if you need to resort to being derogatory, ive said my bit using thought and intelligence

14. Witchking

Witchking Undead Ringer

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'll settle this, folks. I'm alive and well, how else would I be typing this post!!!

;-)

15. Aramir

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    wouldnt be the same without you Witchking =P

16. finrod

finrod Born to woe.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    aramir, I think we have a misunderstanding here.
    I never meant to prove that I was right and you were wrong but rather used that last quote
    to explain my opinion. I still think the witchking would have regenerated after his being slain
    by merry and eowyn and used the quote to prove that he was a hard guy to wipe out.
    I mean, if there was a possibility for the witchking to show up after the total defeat of sauron
    then I think the presence of sauron together with the power of the ring would have speeded his regeneration significantly up.
    I re-red my posts and now I understand your feelings about my posts for which I can hardly blame you because I wasn't very clear and If in your shoes, I would prob look at it the same way as you do now.
    We just have different opinions, which is good because that's what makes this boards worth posting at.
    I also think we both got a little carried away for which I apologize to you hereby :)

I do hope I just proved( here we go again) that, like you, I also use intelligence and thought and hope also that no unfriendly feelings lie between us. :draught:

soooooooooooooooo, nice weather eh?

17. Aramir

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i guess theres no way either of us is going to convince the other, too stubborn eh :)

i accept your apology and apologise to you in return finrod, lets just agree that the Witchking was one hard dude =P

18. eugeisia

eugeisia New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    you guys are funny.

19. NateDogg2

NateDogg2 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No one responded to my last post. What do you think of the huge sword on the side of the fell beast??? Do you think he will use that in the ROTK???

20. finrod

finrod Born to woe.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thanks aramir :) guess we are .......funny

about your question natedogg: that sword does look cool indeed, I am pretty sure that he'll
    use it in the movies. I think that after the return of the king, the selling of the UC witchking sword will be quite boosted up (hope I said that right).