New to miniature painting.

Discussion in 'Games Workshop' started by Caranthir, Oct 4, 2004.

1. Caranthir

Caranthir The 'not so' Dark

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello everybody.

I've never painted a miniature in a my life and have just recently grown the urge to do so. I went down to my local games shop and picked up a LOTR set(metal) with all nine of the fellowship as well as a Games Workshop paint set(comes with one brush). Can you recommend anything else that I might need?

Plus....if I screw it up, is there anyway of removing the paint without damaging the miniatures?

Any help is appreciated. Diola lle. :)

:monkeydan

2. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Meh....just ask the guys at the local GW to what you need....and you can always paint over the first coat of paint. But seriously if just think through what colours you want to paint your guys so you don't have the hassle of re-painting...plus look at pre-painted models for ideas and colour schemes.

3. Cirdan

Cirdan The Pandaren

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    At most GW-shops you can follow classes on 'how to paint'.
    And a tip is to buy the book of the movie where your miniatures are from ( The Fellowship, The two towers etc. ) because they describe it very keen on how to paint them.
    And my big tip is : Don't expect too much of yourself!
    Dont think that you can paint it like it says in the book or on the picture right away, just practise ! ( Made that mistake alot in the past ! ) And the most important tip is to Have fun!

Enjoy:)

4. Caranthir

Caranthir The 'not so' Dark

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey, thanks guys. I've done a bit of research on the net about the stages of painting a miniature etc. I haven't gotten stuck into it as of yet but as soon as I buy some extra supplies, I'll be painting for days. I'd like to take my time with them so that they don't seem rushed.

I definetely won't expect all that much from my first try but I'd like to at least rise above the status of "crap". :)

I'll give the books a shot aswell.

5. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Good on you...remember you can always go off the traditional colour scheme, and stick in your own, that way it makes it personalised and you can give your models uniqueness (sp?)