New Spring

Discussion in 'Wheel of Time' started by Feanor, Jan 8, 2004.

1. Feanor

Feanor New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just got New Spring, and have started reading it. I am only about 70 pages in, but it is very interesting. It starts out during the Aiel war, right about the time when The Dragon is reborn. Moiraine is still an accepted and Lan is just a soldier. I wont say anymore since I dont want to ruin it for anyone else, and since I havent really read that much of the book yet.

Is anyone else reading this book, and what is your opinion of it.

Feanor

2. Lonearcher

Lonearcher Nocturnal

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I haven't got it yet. Any mention of Tam Al Thor yet? I've got a suspicion of who Rand's mother is but I won't say anything here (don't want to spoil it!).

3. Feanor

Feanor New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    not yet, but havent really read that far yet. He will probably be mentioned later.

4. Radagast

Radagast Art House Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Is it only out in Hardback? (In other words, you didn't happen by chance to see a paperback out yet.)

I think Tam is in the next prolouge book. Jordan is planning on there being three of them, New Spring being the first. I think an article on dragonmount.com said that the second deals with Tam in the Ithlien army, and why he left. The third deals with the time right before Lan and Moraines arrival in Two Rivers.

5. Feanor

Feanor New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think it is only out in hard cover. I didnt see any paperbacks in my bookstore. you are right about Tam I only have about 60 pages to go and he hasnt been mentioned once. the book is 335 pages long. I wish it was longer. I've been up all night reading it

Last edited: Jan 11, 2004
  6. Feanor

Feanor New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well I finished the book and I thought it was very good. I am going to give a brief overview of the book, so if anyone doesnt want to know what the book is about stop reading now. I wont say anything that you didnt already know if you read the first book.

so here it is. It begins with Lan fighting the Aiel and Moiraine is an Accepted. After the Aiel depart Lan returns to the Boarderlands, and Moiraine passes her test for the shawl. After becoming Aes Sedai Moiraine starts looking for the Dragon Reborn. Towards the end of the book she meets Lan and eventually makes him her warder. Like I said nothing you didn't already know if you read the first book

7. Radagast

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Sounds interesting. I will probably check with my library to see if they can get it. Since my collection thus far consists of paperback, it feels right to wait for me to buy NS in PB.

8. Lonearcher

Lonearcher Nocturnal

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Only 330 pages? Jordan's going to have to start writing faster. There should also be a mandatory minimum length on all W.O.T. books, I think a 1000 pages should do it! LOL! What so you guys think? Is a thousand pages enough for one W.O.T. book?

Oh well, I still have New Spring and the "Atlas" to look forward to. After that I'll be stuck waiting again.

9. Feanor

Feanor New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    we will be waiting a while, because last I heard book 11 isn't going to be out until 2005

10. Radagast

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Yup. Then only one more book after that.

11. Feanor

Feanor New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Only 2 more books. Since I have already read the first 10, I cant see him finishing it up in 2 books. Even at 1000 pages each, because the last couple of book just dragged in my opinion

12. Nienor

Nienor Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    I just finished reading the book. Enjoyed it very much, but it was rather short. I expected more than a 300 some page book.

13. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I'm gonna finish the first 10 before I go back and read New Spring. I was rather shocked as well when I saw it in the book store, it is the size of the appendix in TSR

14. Radagast

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Yeah. I decided I'm going to wait for it to come in paperback. It should eventually come into paperback. Anyways, I will probley be within finishing the current 10 out by the time that happens. Usually takes about a year and a bit.