New Secca OOC

Discussion in 'The Fields' started by I. R. Shogun, Jul 11, 2010.

1. wanderingmagus

wanderingmagus Constantly Around :D

Ratings:
    +248 / 1 / -0
    "Reality hacking was a dangerous business. It did things to you, to your mind and to the people around you if you weren't careful. Take Whiz. Could probably cause the universe to explode, given a lot of time. But look at him. No will. No fighting ability. Poor vision, looks uglier than chopped liver. That's what reality hacking does to you. It takes everything else you have, and warps it. And rips it apart. Until all you have left IS hacking, and the last thing you hack... was yourself."

sorry just thought i had to put that there :D

btw, what properties do you think i should have for deathmist? in case slice or dice come in. and it'd be awesome if evaltan's all dodging a swipe and just ends up impaling himself on one of the Twin's weapons as they teleport right to where he's going.

2. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    The death mist could be like a nanotech deal methinks, or something organic, I'd say it's something like a regular poison gas inasfar as its effects go, damage to skin tissue, tearing up your insides, etc.

And yeah, I'd say Slice and Dice are the best bet we've got as far as taking out Evaltan without taking too much damage ourselves, he's fast and tough, but teleportation is faster, and if Wrench and Rift can repair the computer that's trying to predict his moves it might find a pattern they could use, or they could just work him until his heart explodes, since stim packs are only supposed to be used for a few minutes at a time.

Boom on the other hand we're just going to have to pile cartoonish amounts of damage onto. Hit him with literally anything you can, he'll stay up, this part of the story is building him up for a later arc he's going to be central to

3. wanderingmagus

Ratings:
    +248 / 1 / -0
    actually, you just gave me an idea. we have the most powerful mage in history sitting not a couple hundred stories up. and slice is sitting with him. LETS ROCK AND ROLL!!! :D

4. wanderingmagus

Ratings:
    +248 / 1 / -0
    actually on second thought, what in the world is lantho sweating about? HE"S THE WORLD"S MOSTPOWERFUL MAGE!!!

5. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Right, finally read up all the stuff for new secca, got a char idea, will have his profile up soon!

6. Lord Yuan

Lord Yuan Death-Thousand+

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Can't wait for another person to come in at last. And a TFF veteran too.

And bringing Lantho down can still endanger him. A bullet to the head would kill most anything. So Ham and Lantho have to be a package deal because of Ham's barriers. Lantho is probably like a glass cannon aside from the extra endurance he would have from being a troll.

Also Ham is in nearly the same blind rage state as Boom. The only thing that can take him down or distract him is death or knocking him unconscious, and that would be almost as hard as stopping Boom. Trying to get between the Hulk and a mini-Hulk would probably end with another sandwich like Torgg. Ham being angered so much because of a back story I've been slowly leaking involving a similar slaughter. I will just say that people become more angry at others when they see the others represent the poor traits when they themselves once had.

Also gas masks would be able to bypass having everyone get out of the way so you can smoke out the two. More likely for you to have too in case you ever had to break out death mist anyway. Still you would probably have to get behind Ham and forcefully strap a mask on to him in his current state.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  7. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    got my Char up, I'll wait for IR's nod before I head on to posting. probably won't make it in for this fight though.

8. wanderingmagus

Ratings:
    +248 / 1 / -0
    well it doesn't take much to incite an already enraged troll.

And when what we need is a distraction, we've got all the distraction in the world....

So while Boom is pulverizing you and vash, we can be slipping evaltan a mickey and knifing him.

9. Lord Yuan

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    OH I get what you mean. But Ham has already been over on Boom's side of the battle. Kinda why Boom got a chance to tear apart Torgg. Vash is the only one who might get in the way, not at close range though.

10. wanderingmagus

Ratings:
    +248 / 1 / -0
    BATMAN!!! :D

jk how do i get vash to not do something to screw up having evaltan dodge in a direction at exactly the right moment?

11. Lord Yuan

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Gonna try and start off my information broker thing. If you want spare me tidbits and facts about your characters in PMs and even talk in PMs between each other. Pretty much just start plotting things and telling people you have plans that you plan to enact if you do.

Also edited my char sheet to add "Shade" being a separate entity from the actual character Shade. And also used as a cover to possibly pin down Shade as the possible "Shade" instead of Ghost himself.

Can I still come up with more entirely new characters? I have an idea for one more to add to the Ghost sideplot to get it to be more of a new organization.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  12. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Haven't read it yet, but if past experience has told me anything it's that one of your characters always adds a fun new level to things, I'll run over it to see if it fits the parameters of the world though

Have Rift tell him your team has a plan and experience more or less. Vash is old and grizzled, but he's not hard headed enough to think he can handle everything himself. If you seem to have a plan and it doesn't involve him, he'll stay out of your way and try to figure out how to bring boom down

You can only have five "exclusive" characters, but as far as number of Seccans you can make the number is pretty infinite, just bear in mind that other people can use them if you're not at the time. The character sheets are basically so you can say "I have plans for this one, leave them be for now"

I'll post either sunday or monday

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  13. wanderingmagus

Ratings:
    +248 / 1 / -0
    did i make the pm descriptions too... op? i don't think so personally, but just wanted to make sure.

14. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    within the context of their personalities they should be fine

15. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    oh, and barring something unforseen it'll be some more days before I post again

16. wanderingmagus

Ratings:
    +248 / 1 / -0
  17. wanderingmagus

Ratings:
    +248 / 1 / -0
    epic post, crusader! wonder who's the shadow pulling all the puppet strings...

speaking of which... heeey, has boom ever been in jail? or evaltan, for that matter? :D

anyways, i was thinking, would it be possible to skip the "repair probability calculator" step completely and go straight to the fighting by having Whiz BE the calculator? He sees everything as systems already. Shouldn't be too difficult.

18. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    I'm gonna say no, although you can certainly just not bother with the calculator and speed up Wrench's gear so she can pin Evaltan down faster.

Also, Boom has been to jail numerous times.

Also, new post up Monday at soonest

19. wanderingmagus

Ratings:
    +248 / 1 / -0
    bet the chip still works. SPARKY!!! :D

c'mon, it can't be that difficult to trigger a torture device. All it took was a baton, right? And all prisoners have them. So, just plug in to the electric grid, and "charge" mistere oh-so-invulnerable troll.

Speaking of which, trolls are organic, yes? So amplitude of entire city + troll = lots of nice crispy troll bacon, right?

And then Evaltan is fast, but is he instantaneous fast? teleport = faster than light travel.

IT'S ALL COMING TOGETHER.

20. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Well unless its specifically stated in the terms of parole, the implant will be removed upon release, so no luck with boom.