New Moon Reviews

Discussion in 'Twilight' started by Confessor, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    SPOILERS AHEAD! PLEASE DON'T READ ANY FURTHER IF YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED NEW MOON. THANKS.

Hey everyone, I wasn't sure if anyone had put up a section on the reviews to New Moon. I saw it about two weeks ago on a Sunday morning at an 11 a.m. showing. After watching it I'd have to say I was actually disappointed with whoever directed it. I'll admit the story was there but they left out a whole lot in my honest opinion. Yes they did get the main highlights of the book but I don't know. To me the 'new' meadow wasn't the same. I liked the original meadow.

To me the acting of Kristen and Robert was good but I thought Jacob needed a lot of work. Sure we all knew he 'worked out' for the part but I thought he needed to put a lot more emotion into his acting. I felt as if he was just repeating the lines he read over and over again. The wolves when they transformed was well done but I thought they were a bit too big in reality. When I pictured them in my mind I figured they be about the size of a full grown moose and not as big as a tree. I thought that was blown out of perspective. The motorcycle scene was excellent. Just what I had pictured but I was hoping we'd see more of Bella and Jake fixing them up.

Bella seeing Edward was freaking but somehow cool. I loved the way they did it. Whatever they did to have Edward talking with her and being a ghost nobody but she could see was sweet. In regards to Bella and Alice going to Italy, I personally wanted to see Alice steal the Yellow Porsche but no, we just see it suddenly going down the road. The meeting with the Volturi was done very well. Dakota Fanning who played Jane did an excellent job.

Most scenes to me were too dark, so dark I could hardly tell what was going on. I think the director needed a lot of work. Whoever directed the original one should have come back and kept on going with this one. I enjoyed the scenery in the first movie and the score. The soundtrack to this one was pretty good but I'm not sure about the score yet. I haven't bought it so I cannot grade it. Above all I'll get the movie when it comes out and I'm very curious to see how they workout Eclipse. Very curious indeed. I hope they don't cut out the part where Bella punches the Jake in the face because he breaks her hand or wrist or whatever.

Thoughts?? :)

P.S. – Food and Drink should be banned from theatres. Especially popcorn. I had a group of people behind me who were too noisy with their popcorn and the bag. Throughout the movie I’d hear that noise at the part where the talking was the quietest. Stupid people.

2. Druid of Lûhn

Druid of Lûhn The Little Lamb.

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    I watched not that long ago, though I couldn't concentrate because I just find it too "stand alone". It has the key parts, but leaves out a few details and, sadly, puts too much action. Harry dies of a heart attack, yes, but by being nearly killed by Victoria? NO. So all that part when Charlie is looking for the wolves is just made to make people who haven't read the books (properly or at all) like it. The motor-bikes were the wrong color, and it would have been nice to have one red and one black. The fight in the Volturi tower was just excesive, and all the Parkour style things Jacob can do also (when he climbs to Bella's room).

The way the months pass is very well done, but her going to the guy on the bike could have been done better? closer to the book? The wolves weren't well made at all, a if they were done as quickly as possible. There was too much scene skipping, when they were building the motor bikes, one moment Bella and Jacob are talking, the camera goes behind a shelf and comes back: Jacob comes back on a different day with two drinks. I agree, the meadow was just rubbish, and I really did not like this film.

The book wasn't that good, but the film took the good parts and made them bad, and put the bad parts to the front. I dearly hope it wasn't Catherine (something-or-other, the director for Twilight) who did it, because she did the first well. I think that Stephenie Meyer doesn't like this film, it's kind of like the Eragon film: the transition between book and film (not the story). I really wouldn't buy this myself, except for a new film to watch when I'm bored.
    :mad:

3. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    The thing with this movie is they changed the director as well as the composer who did the score. To me these two things being done were just plain stupid. I think that is why some of us are disappointed with the movie. I know I am. I just felt the music didn't fit at all. In regards to the fight I thought they did it well but this new director, Chris Weitz, shouldn't have been offered the job. They should have stuck with the original director. Their new composer, Alexandre Desplat, well his selection to me wasn't that good at all but what do I know about music? I don't know anything but the fact that it really didn't keep me entertained as Twilight's Score did. Oh well.

Anyone else?

4. Mem

Mem Mosh Warrior

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    meh,not worth all the attention it's getting. the acting isn't as good as people expected and the whole story is...missing too many things from the book, plus it looks like a chick movie 100% cos of all the men taking their clothes off or being perfect all the time <.<
    -

5. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Mem you are right about the acting. To me I thought none of the characters loaded their guns for round two. Especially since this series is for teens. You'd figure they would have all geared up and been ready to make improvements from the first release. One thing I did forget to mention is Victoria's hair in this one isn't what I pictured in the book. Seriously, fire engine red hair? Umm....no I do not agree with that color at all. I enjoyed the way Victoria's hair was in Twilight. All of the men taking their clothes off or what not did get a bit old but I didn't bother me. Shucks, the hubby even said Twilight was better than New Moon, and he hasn't read any of the books. So if he even thought it was only good then that is saying something.