New info on Extended Version and Theatrical Release!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Anduril, Jan 28, 2004.

1. curunir's bane

curunir's bane Kwisatch Haderach

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I dont know if this is actually from the movie or not, but dechipher has realeased a pic of Denethor and the palantir. Here is the link: http://www.theonering.net/scrapbook/view/12915

2. Aragorn Elessar

Aragorn Elessar Envinyatar

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    That certainly looks like Denethor's costume. The palantir looks a bit fake and composed on, but I guess that's just because it's made for the card

3. curunir's bane

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Yes the only thing is that they made a witch-king and palantir card and I don't know if that will be in the movie, or if it was just made for the card set. It would be pretty cool to see those scenes in the EE. Especially denethor with the palantir because it would add more depth to his character.

4. Aragorn Elessar

Aragorn Elessar Envinyatar

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Well for one thing it'd tell the movie-goers why he's crazy! :)

But other than that, yes, it'll also let us know why he knows about all the other things that Gandalf didn't tell him...

But there's also the possibility that this was a made-for-the-card picture, like those of Radagast, Glorfindel and Elron's sons as mentioned in this link. Well, I do hope that we'll see Minas Tirith's palantir in the EE ROTK DVD.

5. curunir's bane

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    OH yes me too!

6. Gandalf

Gandalf New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hallo, we can go put up our email address to be emailed when the Xtended ROTK is available. By doing this New Line will also be able to see how many fans are waiting. Follow this link.

7. LBenyamini

LBenyamini New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Gettysburg is over 300 min long....now thats a long movie, good but long

8. Urambo Tauro

Urambo Tauro Art House Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    No extended edition preview on the theatrical release, but some deleted scenes! Highlight text below to read. (A precaution to those who don't want spoilers)

The second disc of the theatrical release contains two deleted scenes, both funny!

The first one is in the "Director's Vision" documentary at about 16:45.
    It is not the scene as we would be seeing it, but rather the taping of it. In this scene, Gandalf is at the Last Debate of the commanders. He talks about the current situation and adds a comment of his own at the end.

The second one is found in the National Geographic special at about 37:30.
    This appears to be a finished scene but may not be complete. It is the "drinking scene" at Edoras that some of us have been hearing about. In it, Legolas and Gimli discuss the drinking game as it begins.

Of course the question is, "So are these going to be in the Extended Edition or not?"
    I can't say.
    The second disc of the theatrical release of The Fellowship of the Ring contained a scene in the The Two Towers preview on that only lasted a second or two and did not appear in either version of the finished film. This, you may recall, showed Éowyn holding up her sword, preparing to fend off orcs as they invaded the Glittering Caves.

Last edited: May 29, 2004