New "Clone Wars" CG animated series

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Cascador, May 18, 2007.

1. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    Oh we won't push our interests on our children at all, nor our religious views or political ones. Me and Padmé are even very cautious about that with her nephews. I try to avoid to talk about SW. A for the reason above and B cause the mother doesn't like it lol. When hey grow up I won't hide my interests or other opinions, but they when they are older will have to make their own choices. If they ask for example about religion, we're not going to say 'there is no God'. We'll say that some believe in a God, some don't and we'll explain why so they can draw their own conclusions. A mind of a child should be free and you shouldn't oppose any of your views on it. Same with Star Wars, I'll give my reasons why I like it. They'll clearly see why lol. But I won't push them into liking it too. If they want to wear a lord of the rings costume instead of a star wars costume on Halloween, I won't deny them that.

2. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Indeed, I'm always wary even with my nephews, my sister (their mother) is pretty strict and doesn't like them watching too much TV (though she doesn't seem to mind when she wants some peace for herself lol), she wants them to read more, play chess, basically anything 'intellectual', my sister is a bit of a snob and ever since she got her PhD in Chemistry there's been no living with her lol She is very determined for her kids not to have a 'lazy' upbringing, and though I do think she is strict at times, she does do right by her children. Takes them to all the after school activities they want, like karate, football, tennis etc Though our mum did the same with us as me and my sister did roller skating, my brothers karate as well.

When it comes time for me and Anakin to have kids, I won't be as strict as in 'shouty' as my sister is, but I'll still enforce the same structures that they have. I don't want my kids to only learn from what's on TV, no not at all. But I won't deny them anything. They can play video games, but for maybe one hour, I'm strict in a different way to my sister, she gets angry, I don't. When I say that's it, that's it, time's up. My nephews know this about me but they don't get as upset as with their own mum because she gets angry with them, I don't, I stay collected. More of 'come on now that's it, put the game away and let's do some painting/ go for a walk' etc whatever is available at that time. But I've never had problems with them in that area, they always listen. The oldest Harvey who is coming up for 7, can get upset concerning putting away the PSP cause he only just got it, but I had a word with him last time about it, saying that this was the reason his mum wouldn't let him have a game's console, cause he gets too attached with it and has to learn the limits. And now he's better with it. With everything concerning kids, it's dependent on how their families put up with it.

3. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    Just another preview of the first episode:

general grievous preview:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  4. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    more previews:

5. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    Well I've seen the first two episodes and sure enough it's not fantastic. As a SW fan it's entertaining to watch, nothing more. It is more meant for children, but still the action is nice. It's cool to see the characters you like from the movies on screen again.

6. Nox

Nox Antediluvian

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    I like the cute Twi'lek girl in the trailer ^^

I was hopeing it would be more like Advent Children.

And why dosen't he follow a different story, like Kyle Katarn, or one of the gazzilions of SW books out there, I would love too see a Darth Raven movie, that was the best SW story for me by far...any hope for something like that?

7. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    She's not a Twi'lek, she's Togruta

8. Nox

Nox Antediluvian

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Oooooh, I missed the horns, they are rather small...I like it ^^ Now I want to see it, there's Jawas in so comedy is bound to happen, cool gfx and funnies is all I ask from my movies.

9. Martinfangirl556

Martinfangirl556 STARWARSIAN

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I love the Clone Wars!! I just started watching it, and I'm new to Star Wars.. Anakin, I like... XD

10. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    I keep missing this series due to usually being busy when it's on. What's the verdict so far?

I'll borrow the Clone Wars animated movie on dvd on day, and probably this series too if my local store gets it in.

11. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    Well what I usually hear is that most of the fans do dig the series, though they were disappointed in the movie. Why? Probably because they were expecting too much. It's not a new movie in the saga. It's just a long pilot episode to a television serie.

12. AlphaAlex

AlphaAlex Official Forum Nuisance

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -0
    I managed to watch an episode a few days ago while I was recovering from a party :p wasnt too bad although i was half braindead.

13. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
Search tags for this page

the clone wars cg animated figures