New "Clone Wars" CG animated series

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Cascador, May 18, 2007.

1. Lady_of_Shalott

Lady_of_Shalott Weaving the Magic Web

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    .... this is just so odd. An animated Star Wars film... I can't wrap my mind around it. How long is it supposed to be?

2. tearoutmythroat

tearoutmythroat Dr. Fuzzywhipple

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    2 hours

3. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
  4. Nienor

Nienor Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    I just saw the trailer when Colin and I went to see Kung Fu Panda. :D

5. Kenshin

Kenshin Drifter

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    Haha me too, it looked alright, but I guess we'll have to see.

(Kung Fu Panda pwns btw)

6. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    Strange that in the new trailer, Dooku has the flaming eyes of a real Sith, while he doesn't have them in other times in the movie or in the prequels themselves. He never had them.

7. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +327 / 1 / -0
    such is the way of pawns

8. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    Well I always thought of Dooku being not really a true Sith. He just didn't believe in the ways of the republic anymore. I saw him rather as a political leader as Ki-Adi-Mundi says, not really a real Sith, more still a Jedi at heart. Still what was in him of the Dark Side, did twist his point of view slightly of what was good and evil. I think one of the reasons he didn't have the eyes of the sith is that it would have looked weird on Christopher Lee, lol. Hayden barely had them, but they suited him more as he showed true hatred in comparisson to Dooku, who was more calm and still mostly in control with his emotons. Cause yeah Dooku did use the Dark Side, but he had more control over it in order how to use it, as he as I said had more control over his emotions, thus no Sith eyes.

9. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +327 / 1 / -0
    he was a pawn of palpatine.

10. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Everyone was a pawn of Palpatine lol The Senate, Anakin, Dooku, Jango Fett etc etc Everyone was, whether they were aware of it or not.

11. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    Well it's a great pleasure that also Christopher Lee is back to reprise his role as is Samuel L. Jackson. So that makes 4 star wars actors who are returning if you include Matthew Wood (General Grievous) and Anthony Daniels (C-3PO). Though I bet Samuel L. Jackson or Christopher Lee will be returning for the whole series lol. You would even speculate Ewan McGregor is coming back by the sound of Obi-Wan's voice, though he surely isn't in the game. You would think it is two different voice actors or my ears are deceiving me. lol

12. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    Seems two episodes will be aired at the date of the premiere of the series (3rd of October) First one is about Yoda who wants to sign a treaty yet falls in an ambush and gets attacked by Asajj Ventress. The Second one is about a new seperatist weapon that is destroying the Clone Army. Anakin and Ashoka have to rescue Plo Koon from the seps.

13. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    I saw a trailer here of the series itself (not the movie) it actually looks better than the movie lol, with more characters, more Jedi. But yeah many went to the film with the wrong expectations.... It was not a pixar movie, it was a tv pilot nothing more. But I think the series will surely live up my expectations, even if it's a cartoon. http://theclonewars.cartoonnetwork.com/

14. Cymoril

Cymoril New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Call me a cynical teacher who has had ENOUGH, but my feeling is that this newest Star Wars incarnation is just a way for Lucas to indoctrinate a new generation of very young children who are really way too young to understand any of the plot and probably shouldn't be exposed to this for a few years. Star Wars lunch boxes, millions of toys, Halloween costumes, etc.. I LOVE Star Wars, don't get me wrong, but when I saw the trailer for this CG thing, my heart sank. I've got a bunch of high-energy boys in my class who love to pick up sticks and try to chop off each other's arms...
    =heavy sigh=In a perfect world, we could enjoy Star Wars forever but parents would keep their babies away from it until they can process it appropriately.

15. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Children will focus onto whatever fad is around, whether it's guns, samurai swords or lightsabers, there is no difference. At least lightsabers are better than guns and knives cause you can't actually get them! lol So if they're hitting sticks around then it wouldn't be such a big deal imo. And concerning children too young to understand the plot, this is correct of almost any childrens film, as you grow older you gain a new appreciation of it. If it was so one dimensional that ONLY a child could like it, then I would think that was far worse. Star Wars, like countless other films, inspires imagination, that's not a bad thing. Kids and teenagers will always be lively and chaotic, with or without it. It's our nature, chimps are the same lol They go through a teenage phase where they just like to cause mayhem lol You can't blame Star Wars there lol As I don't think Mr Lucas has yet approached other apes in the family lol

For me, I'm for progress, not conservatism. And 'holding kids' away from Star Wars is the wrong thing to do. And it's a very 'teachery' thing to suggest :D Boy I love this, left school 8 years ago and I still like complaining at them :D

16. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    Concerning the merchandise, look around you... How much crap do you see whenever a Pixar movie comes out, or Disney, or practically of any film. I mean these days you can't turn around without seeing that stupid Panda from Kung Fu Panda on a cereal box, sweets, billboards, you name it. So it would be hypocritical to also bash SW on that...

Oh and about the plot. Well this series is not that great in their plots as the movies, it's not that complicated for children to understand as with the movies. Even if they don't they'll surely enjoy the vision of it.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  17. Cymoril

Cymoril New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    No, I couldn't expect you to see it from a teacher's point of view. What this kind of "fad" does is edge out the real, spontaneaus (sp?) form of play that comes from their own imaginations and from real life situations that they've observed and use in their play, to help them understand their world. Plus, I'm talking about 3 and 4 year-olds, not 10's. For some boys, acting out the cartoon violence they see daily becomes the limit of their play and negates the real educational play that they need for their brain development. It's like having a steady diet of Lucky Charms--it probably won't hurt you too much in the short run, but if you're not hungry for anything nutritional, you will notice the effect when it's too late. So marketing violent cartoons to kids that age is not only annoying to educators, it's downright unethical if you truly understand its implications. You'd have to stand in my shoes and watch, time after time after time, as kids "shoot webs" and swing lightsabers and then...what? There's no dialog other than "take that!" and there's nowhere to go from there. I try to be a good teacher and direct them into storylines with their favorite characters into some problem solving but more times than not, it begins and ends with shooting something.

18. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    Well in this case Star Wars isn't the problems it's raising these children. It's imo the parent's responsability when they can play and when they can't. That requires discipline and if the parents don't discipline their children enough then it's neither the cartoon's (cause clone wars is by a long shot not the only violent cartoon, you get a lot more violent certainly in some anime's) fault or the children's fault for copying it. They just do what kids do. Don't get me wrong I don't think kids should be discipline them the hard way. There are easier and better ways to discipline a child. I have nephews, one about the age of 7 and he also acts enthusiastic with his lightsaber toy and such, but he knows when he can use it or not. It's raising, education. You can't say Sw is a bad influence on the youth, cause I heard that crap before and I gave them examples of much worse influences, ones more violent and one that corrupts the mind of a child more, while SW is certainly more innocent.

19. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Well I have three nephews aged between 1 and a half and 6 (nearly 7) years. The oldest Harvey is a SW fan, loves it, but he's also extremely bright, top in his class, excellent vocab for his age, I know I certainly was not like that at his age but my sister is insistent on good education at home as well as school. He jumps around playing with lightsabers too but he knows where to draw the line. If kids are out of control then it's the parents' fault, no more. Indeed kids will copy, that's how they learn on all fields of knowledge whether fun or serious. But it's how their parents or family put up with that which will determine how they will act at school or outside the home in general. I've had to tell off my nephews a few times if they get out of hand but they always listen.

You have to be careful in concerns of what you're willing children to look at and what not to look at. My sister is very much against video games, completely, but Harvey is now getting to that stage where he's getting upset that all his friends have PSPs, DS, Playstation etc and he doesn't. And he's thrown more tantrums over that than his playing with lightsabers lol But recently my mum (his grandmother) got him a PSP that he can play once he's done homework etc. Everything in moderation. I agree kids should not be glued to TV screens all day and nothing else, but that's bad parenting if that does happen. Kids should be allowed to watch cartoons and films like SW but also read, play chess, go out for walks etc etc But you have to be careful where to draw the line between nurturing and lecturing.

It sounds like the problems you're having with the kids is their parents, but that's usually the case. I've helped out in schools and nurseries before from ages between 2 and 12 so I am familiar with it. I even considered teaching but I ended up getting a business degree instead lol But basically what I'm trying to say is you can't blame kids for being kids, and you can't try to stop them enjoying what is available for them. It's not fair on them as we once enjoyed things like that when we were their age.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  20. Cymoril

Cymoril New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I'd say that every one of us is right in a way. It's sad to see the majority of boys getting lost is superhero play and one or two kids who are hungry to play something more meaningful to them, but can't because their friends just won't or can't. Hey, my daughter thought she was Batman until she was four--all my husband's fault, mind you--and she turned out OK. I hope that when you guys have kids and the allure of passing down your passion for fantasy and sci-fi stories rears up, that you'll be cautious and pace yourselves!

Search tags for this page

the clone wars cg animated figures