New "Clone Wars" CG animated series

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Cascador, May 18, 2007.

1. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    Lucasfilm has revealed this first first look at "Star Wars: The Clone Wars," the upcoming CG-animated TV series, in the form of a poster promoting Celebration IV.

Fans at Celebration IV (L.A. Convention Center, May 24 to May 28) will get a behind-the-scenes look at the show. Producer Catherine Winder and Director Dave Filoni will be on hand to discuss the making of the series.

[​IMG]

2. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    When's it set?

3. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    There's no exact date but it's predicted that it will come out in 2008.

4. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    Well that looks like total cr@p.

What are they, Bratz Jedis? Let's hope those bobble headed character slook better in motion than they do in a still picture.

5. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
  6. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    I take it back. In motion it does look a lot better. Should be interesting.

7. LEGGY72489

LEGGY72489 Federal Agent

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I'm intrested. Looks like it takes place before Ep.3 intresting the way they did that, I thought it would take place after the third.

8. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    Euhm...it is the Clone Wars series...and they ended in ep III...so why would they continue it afterwards? lol

No it's the live-action series that will take place after ep III, rumour has it that it is closer to ep IV than ep III though.

9. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    its called Star The Clone Wars Wars

sounds like fun :D

(seriously, read the way its written.)

10. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    Actually the full name is Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series...if you really want to argue what the real title is;)
    Your sarcasm is far from perfect kak...lol

11. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    I'm really excited about this series, the CG looks fantastic. A nice mix between realistic and anime, also similar in look to the first Clone Wars cartoons. Really looking forward to it.

12. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    TV Guide has posted Part 2 of its interview with George Lucas which covers Lucasfilm's two upcoming "Star Wars" TV series, including the CG animated series and the live-action show. Here are several clips on both:

TV Guide: Tell us about it.
    Lucas: Well it's basically like Star Wars [in that it] takes place between, obviously, [the films] Episode II [Attack of the Clones] and Episode III [Revenge of the Sith], but it's the same kind of action. Unfortunately, it doesn't fall into the realm of what animation [typically] is, which is either adult, kind of off-color humor or kiddie stuff. This is, like Star Wars, sort of in between those two things. It's a lot of battle stuff, and it's obviously the Clone Wars, so it's a war picture. So it's kind of a PG-13 animated TV series, which is something that has never been done before and obviously doesn't fit in any of the conventional slots that these things fall into. In that, it's very different, and I think it's very exciting. It's got a very, very sophisticated look to it. It's very much like the features. We're still trying to figure out how to put it on the air.

TV Guide: What about your Star Wars live-action series for TV?
    Lucas: Yes, I'm working on that. We're just going to start writing it in about a month from now, start doing scripts for it.

TV Guide: And where will that live in the Star Wars continuum relative to Clone Wars and relative to the films?
    Lucas: Well, Clone Wars has got all the characters in it — Yoda and Anakin and Obi Wan and the Emperor and all that — so it's basically the movie. The live-action [series] is not the movie. It's the Star Wars universe, but it's characters from the saga who were [previously] minor, and it follows their stories. It's set between [movie episodes] III and IV, when the Empire has taken over. It's like Episode IV in that the Emperor and Darth Vader are heard about — people talk about them — but you never see them because it doesn't take place where they actually are. There are stormtroopers and all that, but there are no Jedis. It's different, but I think it's very exciting because I get to explore a part of that universe that I haven't been able to explore. Once you have a saga, it's got a lot of requirements because it's about a particular [thing] — in this case, Darth Vader — and so it's his story from the time he's 10 to the time he died. You really can't go off that track because that's the story. Whereas now, I can make a left turn on 10th Street and go down there and see what's going on.

13. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    It's officialy announced that the movie and the series will debut on the Cartoon Network in August. Further reading I learned Anakin Skywalker will have a padawan learner named Ahsoka. A girl of the same race of Shaak Ti, a Togruta. Here's a picture of both Anakin and his padawan. Strange move I must admit, but seems on the new footage that it will work out. She seems to be a feisty little one. lol

[​IMG]

14. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0
    soo they forgot to scale the head and body of the alien to the same scale?

15. dragonfly

dragonfly Natures little helicopter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    What celeb doesnt appear on the cover of a magazine without getting their head inflated just a little by photoshop, and big heads are better for tele, and hello!

16. Overread

Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0
    the is head enlargment by a little - and there is head enlargement that makes you look like some sort of gremlin! the above is the latter
    (also no she has no elbow!)
    and yes I am being rather scathing because for something as big a SW I think that they not only can but should be able to do better with CGI!

17. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    It's a new style, from pictures it doesn't look that great, but when I saw the trailer I was convinced that this was going to be good.

18. Overread

Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0
    They will have to do a masterwork of story telling to get me to watch = the last 3 films made have dameged my impression of current story and film writing skills in the US considerably - so they really are going to have to do well with this. Also, whilst I have no problem with CGI animated films (insectoids and I forget the name but that CGI animation inside a comptuer world) but I just don't think that this style is capturing the ambiance of the series. The games Kotor and Kortor2 did, for me, seem to capture this element well for me (though we won't mention the travisty that was Kotor2's storyline)

19. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    Well that is a matter of opinion... I thought it was great storytelling, you don't... While I think you'll like the storytelling of this more rather than that of the prequels.

20. stevenlink1

stevenlink1 Knight of Hyrule

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Good grief! You people are so obsessed with the proportions issue. Aparantly we have a group of very indignant anatomy students posting on this bulletin.

I agree with Anakin; the series will probably be great. As to the appearance issue, anyone who has seen Advent Children, which came out years ago, knows how similar CG can be made to look compared to reality. So much so that in many interviews with directors (including those of Advent Children), you hear them say that if they wanted it to look real, they wouldn't use CG. Honestly, I'm sure it's way easier to use live actors for the realistic effect. This sort of CG should be viewed for what it is, a form of art apart from the realism that we are used to.

Search tags for this page

the clone wars cg animated figures