New book published

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Eustace, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Eustace

Eustace The One True Tsar

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hey all, I've been informed this is the right place for this, so will give this a go...

I've recently published a book through KDP - here's the blurb, and a link to the blog and facebook page in case anyone is interested - any comments gratefully recieved!

THE LOST BRIGADE

A novel by Paul Kelly

Vic De Mharburg’s already desperate existence is shattered when he returns home to find his sister Gillian murdered and his brother Richard missing. Rapidly realising that Richard has committed the terrible act, Vic heads off to find him, in search of answers... and revenge. But Richard doesn’t seem to want to avoid the fate Vic has in mind... and when Vic finally corners his brother it quickly becomes unclear who is the hunter and who the hunted. Two things are quickly apparent to Vic – his brother has changed drastically, and he means to make himself the sole survivor of their line.
    Richard has a plan. He will resurrect the De Mharburg family’s most infamous ancestor, a man forgotten by the world and by history, a man known in his time as Eustace the Evil. With Eustace’s help Richard seeks ultimate power and control. For Eustace can call upon a band of men feared and despised, soldiers who fought for him in countless battles, who wrought the terror that earned him his title. They gave their lives for him and his ambitions, and their restless spirits await his call to arms, beneath the foundations of a place that changed its name to escape the dark acts they committed in his name. In life this band of murderers, miscreants and traitors were lead by Eustace’s most loyal servant, Arras Kierhenan, and were honoured to bear the name Kierhenan’s Own. In death they are cursed by those who know of them, and are known by a different name – The Lost Brigade. Existing between one world and the next, the Lost Brigade can move unseen, killing and destroying all who stand in their way, leaving no witnesses. If Richard can bring Eustace back into the world, then Eustace in turn can call upon the loyalty of the Lost Brigade, and, inch by inexorable inch, government by government and nation by nation the world will be theirs.
    But Richard and Eustace have reckoned without one thing. For if Eustace and the Lost Brigade can exist between the realms of life and death, then so too can Vic and Gillian. So too can many others, determined to stop the march of the Lost Brigade before it can begin. In setting down the road to ultimate power, Richard very well might have sown the seeds of his own destruction.
    Can Vic and Gillian stop their insane brother and their twisted ancestor before it’s too late? Or is the world doomed to serve for evermore under the lordship of Eustace De Mharburg and his Lost Brigade?

Visit the blog at:

http://www.maltavern.com/vbforum/blog.php?45-Lost-Brigade-and-General-Blog

Or visit us on Facebook - search for 'The Lost Brigade'

2. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +251 / 3 / -1
    If I can offer some hopefully useful comments... the blurb gives away too much of the story.

It's like those trailers for soon to be released movies; by the time the two minute reel is over you pretty much know the plot.

No way should you be sharing that much information and what seem to be plot twists.

3. psychotick

psychotick New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

Congrats on the publishing. Its always a big step, and for some reason each time I finish off a novel and get it through the final edits and then on to the kindle, I feel the need to sit back down and take a breather for a week or two. Sounds like a cool plot too.

Cheers.

4. Eustace

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the comments both - cheers for the thoughts Sparrow, I'll be certain to give that consideration...

5. Druid of Lûhn

Druid of Lûhn The Little Lamb.

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    I found it a bit long and revealing as a blurb too, but the story sounds great. So this will be on sale in England then?

6. WildPony

WildPony New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yeah it does give away too much, but it sounds great and I'd love to read it. Is there an ebook version?

7. Eustace

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Ooops sorry all! Yes, it's available mainly as an ebook actually, on Kindle and Iphone, through Amazon. I'll message you with a link there. The second one has just come out too...