New Australian Member

Discussion in 'Greetings!' started by Crouton, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Crouton

Crouton New Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Hi all, Crouton here.

21 year old female fantasy lover from Victoria, Australia. I'm a full time University student currently studying animation, and a part time slave to a pizza store and it's customers.

I must admit, I almost didn't sign up to this forum. Whilst browsing through the various sections on offer I was shocked to see that there was not only a Twilight thread, but an entire section for it! Surely any sane fantasy lovers wouldn't be fans of that tripe, but alas, the other areas of the forum look great so I will let that one slide... for now.

A little more about me. I've been shooting in an archery club for the past 4 or so years. Only modern shooting, no medieval stuff. I collect replica weapons. I love gaming, travel, animals, art, books, movies/tv and just about everything nerdy. I'm also obsessed with dragons, as many fantasy nerds are. I'm so obsessed that I even own a bearded dragon. I swear he breathes fire when no one is looking...

Nice to meet you!

2. Oddrun

Oddrun I speak languages.

Ratings:
    +200 / 1 / -0
    Hello and welcome! I don't think we have too many Twilight fans here (as far as I know) so don't worry ;) Nice to have another Aussie with us! And that said I feel obliged to warn you: watch out for Alex, your fellow countryman :p

3. Silvermune

Silvermune New Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    hello n welcome! Yes watch out for AlphaAlex xD you'll learn quickly as to why

4. Emelie

Emelie Queen of darkness

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the forums Crouton! The twilight section is sort of inactive at the moment, no worries. Very nice that you do archery, I've always wanted to do that, although the medieval stuff. Sounds like you'll fit in well here ^^, And thumbs up for dragons!

Poor Alex ... xD as long as you don't post any pics, you might be relatively safe Crouton... <.< sorta..

5. Firiath

Firiath Halfling barbarian

Ratings:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    First of all, welcome to TFF!

Gaming? Movies/TV? Awesome! What games and tv series do you like? Also, animals and books: <3

6. AlphaAlex

AlphaAlex Official Forum Nuisance

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -0
    Welcome to the Abyss fellow Aussie and ignore everyone, they dont know what they are saying haha :p

Studying Animation you say? I did a bit of 3D Animation in my multimedia course back in the day heh. Ended up as a graphic designer tho. Kinda cool You like archery. I have a couple of lame 30 pounders I.. borrowed from my old high school *innocent look* should probably return them.. its been about 10 years.

Oh and Keep your lizard away from my tarantula

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  7. Crouton

Crouton New Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. I think I was just thrown when I saw there was an entire Twilight section! Right next to the likes of LOTR, Star Wars and Harry Potter. Surely that should be illegal?

I dunno, I reckon I could take him. I am an archer after all.

Haha, and I was going to post some pics as well!

I'm currently watching Game of Thrones, and I love that. My other favourite TV shows include Firefly, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Parks and Recreation, Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Simpsons (old seasons) etc. And I love reading. I'm currently reading the Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks. Oh and games. I love my PS3 and some of my fave games are the Uncharted series, Resistance series, Assassins Creed series, Bioshock etc etc. I have heaps of games, it's hard to narrow down my favourites. I also play PC. I used to play WoW but I don't anymore, I quit when I started studying. I love old RTS games, like Age of Empires, Warcraft 3, Settlers 5 that type of thing. But I play lots of new PC games too. Like Bastion, Dragon Age Origins etc.

Yeah I started my course in animation this year. It's a dream of mine to someday work in a big studio that does computer animated films as well as visual effects in live-action films. 30 pound what? Recurve or compound?

Keep your tarantula away from my lizard. Actually, if you happen to let it wander by, it would make a great nutritious meal for my little guy

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  8. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +329 / 1 / -0
    first, not all us aussies here are stalkers, so dont worry too much, second, watch out for the zombies.

9. Crouton

Crouton New Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Thanks! I'm having a little trouble navigating this forum and finding content. I was wondering if someone could help me with that?

For example, when I click on 'General Movies' only 3 threads come up. They are 'The Woman in Black', 'Snow White and the Huntsman' and '300'. Surely there are more movie threads than that. Is there another area I can't see? It's a similar situation when I click on general gaming, and general television too.

10. Emelie

Emelie Queen of darkness

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    You need to click on the 'thread display options' when you go in to a section, choose month, day, year and so on. Otherwise its only the latest active threads showing.
    And Night Angel trilogy is one of my favourite book series, hope you like it as well! :D

11. Running Wolf

Running Wolf Join the Madness

Ratings:
    +231 / 0 / -0
    Hey there, a late welcome from me too. You really seem to fit right in, which is great. We need fresh "blood" ;)

Oh, and no matter if you post pics or not, you're never safe from Alex, so go ahead and do what you want :p

@Jim: 99% of you aussies on here are stalkers. It's just that you stalk zombies and AA stalks girls :D

12. Crouton

Crouton New Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for that, now I can see a lot more threads! I was wondering where they all were.
    I'm enjoying them so far. I'm about halfway through the first one. I hope to read all three eventually, but I haven't bought the second and third one yet.

Haha, Alex can stalk me all he wants, I don't really swing that anyway.

How many Aussies are there on here?

13. Running Wolf

Running Wolf Join the Madness

Ratings:
    +231 / 0 / -0
    Right now, I can only recall AA, Jim and you. I'm obviously missing someone though, so if you find my head in a dark backalley in the next few days, I'll be thankful if you bury it some place sunny ;)

14. Crouton

Crouton New Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Oh okay, so there aren't many of us. That doesn't really surprise me, every forum I've ever been on there has hardly been any Australians. My other forum only has 3 that are really active including myself. Not that it bothers me though. That's half the fun of forums, talking to people from all over the world.

15. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +342 / 1 / -0
    NEWPERSON!

Hello there - welcome to the site - don't worry about the twilight section, we mostly made it just to contain any possible twilight infection from spreading further into the better parts of the site ;)
    And yes the community here is a little smaller than in some places, though pretty active regulars, but it does mean a fair few sections don't have many newer threads (don't let that stop you replying nor making your own :)). Also despite being small we are from all over the place so a good mix of cultures and backgrounds (yet I think everyone loves ASOIFA - barring maybe one or two who haven't yet been converted ;))

16. Crouton

Crouton New Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the welcome Overread! I tend to like smaller forums with a nice group of regulars rather than huge busy ones where there are so many users you never really get to know them, so this forum looks like it will suite me well.

17. Black Tattoo

Black Tattoo The Corruptor

Ratings:
    +106 / 0 / -0
    Hello! *waves* Welcome to TFF! :devilbat:

18. Firiath

Firiath Halfling barbarian

Ratings:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    Firefly <3
    Although I love gaming I can't say much about most of the games you like, as I own an Xbox 360 and some my favourite games are Xbox-only games. I heard a lot about Bastion lately, mostly positive reviews, but it looks a bit too colourful and cute for my taste. However, I also know looks aren't everything, so maybe I should just find a demo and give it a try. :p

19. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +342 / 1 / -0
    Firi you really need to try bastion - its great fun!!

20. Crouton

Crouton New Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Yeah most of my all-time favourite games are Playstation exclusives, I play heaps of non-exclusives though so there would be some crossover. I've thought about getting an xbox before as well, but I can't really afford it at the moment. And I'm also not gaming much at the moment due to being busy with school.