Need some idea for cyberpunk 2020 campaing

Discussion in 'General Fantasy' started by Bluebeard_LV, May 16, 2018.

1. Bluebeard_LV

Bluebeard_LV New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I'm gonna try Cyberpunk 2020 system in2 weeks for 1st time, wanted to hear some cool ideas/plots. ;)

2. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +362 / 1 / -0
    The general standard for cyberpunk stuff involves runs that are based on either trying to heist something from a major corporation, or a fugitive situation where you're trying to protect someone from either a mafia or government, or major corp assassination.

With that in mind, if you've ever heard of/read Neuromancer by William Gibson, that would make an awesome campaign for something like Cyberpunk. Same with Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson.

3. Kelmourne

Kelmourne The Savage Hippy

A Pirate city in international cyberspace
    Ratings:
    +296 / 0 / -0
    I always loved the Ghost in the Shell plot of a person whose body no longer lives, but whose mind lives on in computer networks.

4. wanderingmagus

wanderingmagus King Anakin's Royal Advisor, Constantly Around :D

Ratings:
    +554 / 1 / -0
    Try a "gambit pileup" situation :D start with a more-or-less stable situation, a tense balance of power between the cartels, megacorps, yakuza, hacker coalitions, international psyops spooks, Big Government, etc. then toss a monkey wrench into the mix - maybe a comedy of errors, where a bunch of little mistakes and accidents result in a major international incident, with everyone's plans blowing up in everyone else's faces. Maybe a dishonored member of the yakuza tried to back out of a deal at the last moment, unwittingly insulting someone important, who opens fire, which ends with someone else important dead, a briefcase with minor blackmail lost, misunderstandings, a minor hunt which turns into a major manhunt as more and more connections are discovered, conspiracies blown apart, feuds, turf wars, armies of assassins getting sent in, martial law being declared, sabotage and terrorism, opportunistic mayhem resulting in even more retaliation, opportunistic revolution... you get the idea!