Need some help

Discussion in 'Historical Re-enactment' started by Beta, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Beta

Beta Gypsy King

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I'm planning on making a Clopin Trouillefou, Feast of Fools costume for Halloween.... only problem is I don't have a sewing machine.... does anyone have any suggestions?

2. Raff the Sweetling

Raff the Sweetling Threadkiller

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    Sewing is the best bet, even by hand, but if you cant do that, they do make a double sided Iron-on adhesive for fabric. It usually comes in a roll like tape, and you lay it between the fabric where you need it to adhere, and use an Iron to melt the glue on the tape. I have used it mostly on smaller elements like fringe or trim accesories. The biggest thing I used it on was I needed a white tunic style top that went to my knees for a roman outfit. I took 2 t-shirts, and cut one off right under the armpits. I took the lower half and put it around the bottom of the full t-shirt essentially making a really long t-shirt. I used the tape to attach it all the way around and it worked like a champ. I has made it through many a drunken party. So as long as your not break dancing or anything, it should hold up. (Just make sure you hold the Iron on it long enough, other wise the glue wont stick very well)

3. Beta

Beta Gypsy King

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I got this gel kinda fabric adhesive the other day to make the clothes for my Pyramid head costume.... maybe that will work