NC (Noble Collection) vs. UC (Untied Cutlery): Anduril

Discussion in 'Fantasy Weapons and Armour' started by Rameana, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Rameana

Rameana New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello all,

Okay. I'm having a hard time picking which company I want to go with.
    I've heard alot of bad things about NC not being up to par with UC.
    Yet, once in a while I'll come across a post that praises NC.

My heart kinda is leaning towards the NC Anduril. Due to the wall plaque and just the picture of Anduril had me almost drooling with the fine details. But I hear some swords are not heavy enough and the quality is super crappy in comp. to UC. Yes UC is cheap. I've noticed.

So what should I do? Has anyone picked up an Anduril from NC?

I'm open to any and all comments.

2. CB Swords

CB Swords Forum Administrator

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    UC isn't that cheap really, the MSRP on UC swords is far more than the NC swords. UC just has hundreds of retailers duking it out for your business and so the prices fall with the competition. NC just has itself to compete with so that doesn't happen.

3. Turambar

Turambar Harebrained Staff Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    From what I've heared, UC's Anduril is of superior quality. I've got one on the wall right behind me (sorry, it's a Limited, can't argue on the unlimited plaque). I've never seen a Noble, to be honest...

Still, neither are of "real sword quality". CHAAAAARGE is no go with these... These are mock-up models of the movie props, and aparently, they come close in looks. Of both, UC comes closest; this is due to the "Weapon and Armor" license they have at New Cinema. Noble has a different license, more general, if memory serves correct. In any case, the UC swords are made on the exact dimetions of the original pieces (or vary very little). The man who made the alterations for mass produduction is a well-known fantasy sword designer; Kit Rae. Nobles models are not made on 1:1 scale, they are made to "look good together". That means that the smallest swords of the collection have been enlarged (that would be Sting) and the largest swords (like Anduril) shrunken, so they make a better set. I don't have to mention these are mass-produced as well, I presume...

EDIT:

Upon closer inspection of the sword shown on the Noble website, it seems to lack the inscribtion, that makes Anduril Anduril, as in opposed to Narsil. UC also sells Narsil, as the sword of Elendil, that was broken in the fight with Sauron at the end of the second age. (They even sold the Shards of Narsil, but it's limited and sold out long since).

Last edited: Dec 1, 2005
  4. Patrick Kelly

Patrick Kelly New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I've seen both. The NC sword are far less crisp in the details of their hilts and the grinding on their blades. For a decorative piece the UC swords are far superior.

5. Richard Rahl

Richard Rahl New Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Definitely go with United. Noble's is an awful rendition, and not worth their asking price. I've seen a comparison picture of NC's and UC's Anduril's, and Noble's appears to simply have the runes written in the fuller with black ink, for want of a better word. In other words, Noble's Anduril does not have the runes etched into the fuller like United's/ the movie prop, making it extremely inaccurate just on the blade, not to mention the hilt and handle. Their plaque is decent enough I suppose (too mirror shiny for my taste), but it's certainly not worth buying Noble's Anduril because you like their plaque, as you'll be horribly disappointed with what you should really be looking at: the sword.

6. Turgon883

Turgon883 New Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I have the UC unlimited edition of Anduril hanging on my wall...I've been extremely happy with it....i'm actually condering buying a scabbard for it.....hmmm....yah....i recommend the UC.....but i guess it's not a totally fair comparison because i don't have the NC....but I bet you'll be happy either way....mmmm....random thought though....purely out of curiosity....do forum members still get a discount at CB Swords?

7. CB Swords

CB Swords Forum Administrator

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    yes. $10 off.

Search tags for this page
anduril collection

anduril noble collection

anduril sword noble collection
narsil noble collection
noble collection anduril
noble collection swords vs united cutlery