Nair Offered Harry Potter 5 Director's Chair

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Arwen, Sep 12, 2004.

1. Arwen

Arwen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    The Times of India spoke to Monsoon Wedding and Vanity Fair director Mira Nair, who says she's been offered the director's chair for Warner Bros.' Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

"I'm getting offers to direct 'Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I read it over the weekend. I'm still deciding," she said, "I'm not letting all this go to my head. I'm grounded. I practice detachment, it helps me keep my balance. I'm a Dilliwalli, only an asana gets me on my head! My son Zoharan's excited. I've seen all the Harry Potter movies with him."

The studio is currently filming Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, directed by Mike Newell for a November 18, 2005 release. "Phoenix" is targeted for a June, 2007 release.

http://comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=6190

2. Sorcha

Sorcha Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Meh, not who I'd choose...Vanity Fair wasn't that great.

3. Arwen

Arwen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    I liked Vanity Fair!

4. Sorcha

Sorcha Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Well, I liked it...it was ok, but I thought that the characters were not developed enough. Also, it was kinda choppy in places. Like "Oh by the way, he died in Africa, oh yeah, forgot to tell you, he's dead too" That kinda bothered me, and the fact that India and Indian culture played such a huge role. There was some influence, but I don't think it was as much as they portrayed it.

I did like the direction though, so I guess most of my complaints were about the writing. :)