My take on who the Half-Blood Prince is (possible spoilers)

Discussion in 'Books' started by Wisconsin, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Wisconsin

Wisconsin Art House Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    I'm only to the part in the book where Harry finds out his potions book is 50 years old(page 250300 something), but I think I have figured who the Half Blood Prince is. I think that it is Voldemort. In CoS we learn Riddle(Voldemort) attended Hogwarts about 50 years ago, and in this one, we learn that he is half-blood. He was also a very bright student. Obviously the prince was. Anyway, this is who I think the Half Blood Prince is, so I guess this can only be confirmed by reading.

Did/do any of you have/had theorys on who the HBP is?

2. Nienor

Nienor Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    *cough* WRONG!

Finish reading the book, Indy. I won't spoil it for you. :X

3. Renzokuken

Renzokuken You have failed this city!

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    Lol. very wrong! You wont guess it... lol!

4. Turambar

Turambar Harebrained Staff Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    I think JK Rowling said on beforehand that neither Harry nor Voldemort would not be HBP. However, throughout the book, I was surely betting on the wrong horse... I was DEAD sure that it would be Rufus Scrimgeour, possibly due to the fact that there had been so much speculation about HBP being Gryffindor's heir. When he first come to play, at Axminster, he's describe as having the grey manes of a Lion. Well... I'm not that sure, but I don't think I spoil too much when I say he isn't. Could he be the last Gryffindor heir though?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2005
  5. vanaques

vanaques New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    he could be the heir now you mention it, never even ocured to me :S

anyway I was at the chapter where hermione comes up with that cutting from teh profet and I thought it was done with that (the person she mentions is in the foto, hope I didn't spoil anything)

6. World builder 316

World builder 316 Ceasar of the Hobos

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I thought it was James, before I was at that part. Then I thought it was Voldemort when it said it was 50 years old.

7. Nynaeve

Nynaeve <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><

Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -0
    I thought it was Voldy for a while too, I completely forgot that JKR had stated it was not him. Just keep reading Indy, it's best as a surprise! :)

And I think that Scrimegour could still have something to do with Griffindor, I don't think that she would use that exact description if they were unrelated. Unless she did it just to mess with our heads, lol. :D

Last edited: Jul 20, 2005
  8. Wisconsin

Wisconsin Art House Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    I finished today... OK, so I was wrong! :p The ending was, well, umm... different... sad.

9. Linkk06

Linkk06 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I just thought of something. Snape promised to help Malfoy right? Well did he purposely plant the book so Harry could find it and help Malfoy by talking to Harry through the book? Like the random advice about the bezoar, it didn't really have anything to do with what Harry was doing at the time, but it came in handy later. Since we know Sanpe is the half blood prince, he had to have some reason for writing just shove a bezoar down their throats in his book. Maybe he didn't purposely plant the book but it still seems fishy that something would be in there to help save Ron when Snape was behind it all. If he really did write that in there when he was younger he had to have foreseen something. How though? Could it have something to do with being an occlumist or legilimens? And if he wrote it in the book now, I still don't see why he would want to help Ron or how he would know Ron was going to get poisoned and Harry would remember what he wrote just in time. Something seems very fishy.....

10. CupofDice

CupofDice Gamabunta

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I think JK just could not come up with anything. The HPB wasnt even important to the story or anything. More correct to call it HP and the Horcruxes. Cant really blame her though. Its not like she can come up with any more plots for Hogwarts. Things could not have gotten worse for Harry than OotP, and another secret DE teacher would be old. It suffers from being the 6th book in the series. I think that is why it was filled with so much info. Still rocked though and book 7 will be amazing no doubt.

11. Linkk06

Linkk06 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    You're right, the HBP had nothing to do with the main plot of the story. Wait, now that I think about it, there was no main plot to the story. It stunk-ed. =(

12. Hehrenya

Hehrenya Elvish for 'Jessica'

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Then again she keeps saying that she'd already planned the plots....

But shes already weaved a magnificent story and I don't think she could have written a nice little plot that all comes together at the end like she for first year. Everything's just intensifyed. And maybe the HBP will make more sense with book 7. She's already writing book 7 isn't she?