My own mythos

Discussion in 'General Fantasy' started by GrimWarlock, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Midnattblod

Midnattblod Ranger of Shadow

Ratings:
    +528 / 3 / -0
    first off I want to say that the Mumba sound real cool. I would not mind reading more about them.
    secondly I will continue the description that has taken so long but I believe I am just about done. maybe one more after this but obviously if anyone would like more info they can always ask, if I happened to miss anything.

After the fall of their empire, the Miirzanians were forced to live in what has become their homeland. There are 4 known to exist and they are the northern, eastern, southern, and western Evernight. I haven't put much thought into any but the northern since that is the one associated with the part of Ulfgard that my stories take place in. It is a land where the three moons of Ulfgard can be seen every day due to the fact that (as of right now) the sun, aka Ahdin's light, doesn't shine, hence the name. The major families still have a decent bit of land but it doesn't even begin to compare with how it was in the 'Golden Age'. The animosity between elves and miirzanians lasted for ever after the war. Miirzanians are very slow to forgive and forget. Worse then the elves were the humans. as mentioned before, a lot of humans who never had contact with miirzanians see them as demons or evil doers because of where they live and how the look. This has created conflict, not only between the two races, but also between different human kingdoms. Due to the fact that the northern human realms are in contact with the miirzanian realm, they have a better understanding of how they really are and they don't allow anybody to do anything harmful to any miirzanian in their respective realm.

Most Miirzanians live normal lives working the forges or farming or the like. A lot of the younger miirzanians have never been out of the Evernight.

So that's the next tidbit. Sorry for ending it so abruptly. I lost my train of thought and can't seem to get it back right now. like I said hopefully I'm almost done. and yea so yea.

2. Black Tattoo

Black Tattoo The Corruptor

Ratings:
    +106 / 0 / -0
    Way cool! Glad you can finally post. I SO want to read your stories. These guys sound neat :D

I'm enjoying the continuation. It sounds like you're making these people really well-rounded as a culture and a race. :D

3. Midnattblod

Ratings:
    +528 / 3 / -0
    Ok let's see if I can finish. This next and hopefully last bit, unless you all request more specific info I may have missed, may be a bit random but yea. I'm actually not even sure what all I've already said so some of it might end up getting repeated. But I will try not to let that happen.

Miirzanians follow the teachings of the goddess of the stars and forests, Miirzä. This means that they try to live peacefully though with any race there will always be strife. Some families have left the old ways due to the ideals of power. They try to take control of land through brute force and numbers. Others are large enough and strong enough to demand respect. Just like most clan driven societies there will always be fighting. There are two families that have been at each others throats since time immemorial. They are the Midnattblod family and the Bluk family. It is common belief that these two families are directly descended from Miirzä.

Due to the fact that their patron deity is a goddess, a traveler in their land will never see priests, only priestesses. There are three main groupings amongst the priestess order, healer, scholar, and warrior. The head of the order is known as the high priestess, and will bear the name of Miirzä. To date all high priestesses have come from the Midnattblod family.

The above information does not mean that there are no priests of Ahdin in the Evernight. Ahdin is the head of what mortals call gods. He is the father of Miirzä.

Miirzanians have four main holidays each year, one for each season. Their biggest is Winterday, at which time they spend a whole sevenday (week) drinking and dancing. This is also the time where most younger miirzanians find life partners. The other three are celebrated for five days and obviously also have dancing and drinking but not to the same magnitude of Winterday.

For most miirzanians there are just two periods of life, child and adult. For a select few there is a third, elder. (I am sure the concept of how one becomes an elder will sound strange to a good amount of the people who read this but it actually makes sense in a society where males and females are equal and where some families and even clans will have only one elder). To become an elder one must first live a total of two thousand years at least, one thousand as each gender. When a member decides to be an elder and they get to the point where they begin their next phase towards obtaining that title, (i.e. they have lived the first thousand years) they are reborn as the other gender. They live a normal life as both, not getting their previous lifes memories back until the fifth century after rebirth. When the time comes for them to take their title, they lose their hair color and accept a more aged look.

That's all I can think of to add. hope you enjoyed it. as I said before if there is anything you want to know more about all you have to do is ask. If you liked this race so mich that you want to use it in your personal works I'm fine with that as long as you change names and give credit where credit is due. I have been told that creatures similar to the Miirzanians are found in Japanese lore but the only one I can think of is kitsune and that is only in some tales. (me showing that I am not saying this idea was straight up mine, but the finer details are mine). thank you all for being patient with me through the last couple of days and thanks for the great comments. it makes me feel good to know my creativity isn't just a bloched effort. I also wanna say sorry for this last bit being a bit choppy. I kinda wanted to finish it and got kinda lazy, hence why if you need more info just ask. peace for now and yea.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  4. Black Tattoo

Ratings:
    +106 / 0 / -0
    I for one enjoyed it. Thanks for taking me into your world a bit :D

5. Midnattblod

Ratings:
    +528 / 3 / -0
    no problem

6. Midnattblod

Ratings:
    +528 / 3 / -0
    I'm working on some more details about the miirzanians. will post when it's completed.

7. GrimWarlock

GrimWarlock Daemon Prince of Tzeentch

Ratings:
    +100 / 1 / -0
    I know I'm sort of the creator of the thread, but should we be allowed to say stuff about fictional human civilizations we made? Or said directly: Can I share my Ajaric Empire summary here

8. Midnattblod

Ratings:
    +528 / 3 / -0
    I think it should be ok. A mythos is just lore about whatever.

9. Black Tattoo

Ratings:
    +106 / 0 / -0
    I don't see why not. As Midnattblod said "A mythos is just lore about whatever" and that includes human civilizations. :D

10. Midnattblod

Ratings:
    +528 / 3 / -0
    so has anyone created really cool evil races at all? I feel like the ones in my story are too similar to other works and might do a complete overhaul but some cool tips or ideas on what to make them like would be cool.

also had to save this thread from joining the depths of TFF

11. GrimWarlock

Ratings:
    +100 / 1 / -0
    I generaly avoid to create "good" and "evil" races. But how about a geneticaly engineered race made specificaly to serve an evil overlord? And later when that guy died (or was killed by heroes or whatever) they were just left like that and did what they were made to do in the first place, but without someone to direct them, it's just evil for it's own sake not evil for a specified purpose. Thats how i'd make a Chaotic Evil aligned race. (Then again, I'm coming up with this on the spot, so it's not really all that good.)

Although I would be glad to give you a hand

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  12. Jann Cedric

Jann Cedric Legion Knight . Captain

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Simply i created the Knights of hell

13. Midnattblod

Ratings:
    +528 / 3 / -0
    it's definitely a cool thought which if I would do something like that I would have to tweak it a bit to fit my lore.

14. GrimWarlock

Ratings:
    +100 / 1 / -0
    Well thanks again(Though I'm still surprised my ideas get so much approval around here). Again feel free to ask for my help(Seriously - I'm ridicilously bored right now, got absolutely nothing to do. I'd give anything to get something to do.(Also - this goes for anyone who reads this - feel free to ask me for any sort of help on writing or whatever.))

15. Midnattblod

Ratings:
    +528 / 3 / -0
    well I do think your ideas are interesting, but I don't know about a genetically produced race unless a mage was behind it, which could work. right now though I have to figure out what they look like though I am kinda leaning towards snakelike. but if I go with that what should I call em?

edit: that's the biggest thing I have issues with is naming races and cities and realms something that rolls off the tongue smoothly. I used to just make random names but I found that even I have difficulties saying so why would I force readers to try and pronounce it.

16. GrimWarlock

Ratings:
    +100 / 1 / -0
    ^ If you want, I'll try to think of a few and then PM them to you, just tell me towards what type of sounding you want

17. Midnattblod

Ratings:
    +528 / 3 / -0
    well if I make them a serpentine race maybe something that sounds reptilian. but then again that sounds too much like the enemies in Thundercats. I'll think on it for a bit and let you know. I would have to figure out what they'll look like and what they're culture is to a degree. I'll PM you with more details shortly.

18. Wonderfulhugs

Wonderfulhugs Fred The Sabertooth

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -1
    One of the many races and creatures I am currently creating (most are still in the process of detailing) is a race called the Fruenbah'eye which speak common and even have individual names they adopt since humans cannot pronounce their birth names with their non beastly throats. They are similar to a werewolf except much larger and far superior in intelligence. They are the only race in all of Ryend that can use Druidic magics. The males are around 9 feet tall and weigh between 1,000 and 1,400 pounds. The females are closer to 8 feet tall and weigh between 700 to 1,100 pounds. They are very agressive fighters but do not harm someone unless needed. They are excellent hunters and can use their claws to battle against the sharpest swords and can withstand direct hits from most magics because of their resistance to magic. They are purely carnivorous and prefer living prey they hunt themselves, but they are the absolute best herbalists you could find, oddly enough lol. They are extremely reclusive so no one really knows much about them. Their life spans are around 1,000 years and they only produce offspring roughly around every 300 years at the minimum. No sooner than this since females are not sexually mature until that age. They are solid white, solid tan, or a creamy color of any hue and shade. But never black or grey unless the parents mated with a werewolf which has only happened one time and it produced a creamy black with grey swirls colored coat and that creature is currently the werewolf king named Woolverton. He is the only werewolf that speaks common and is very intelligent because of his Fruenbah'eye mother. His father was a werewolf that defeated the female Fruenbah'eye and mated with her. Woolverton also has eternal life and no one knows how he became immortal.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Black Tattoo

Ratings:
    +106 / 0 / -0
    Woolverton sounds cool....and a wee bit frightening. But these Fruenba'eye sound the absolute best. Fantastic set up for a race!

20. GrimWarlock

Ratings:
    +100 / 1 / -0
    Question - to they have a weakness?