My new girlfriend, she's the light of my life...

Discussion in 'Spam....' started by Sparrow, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +251 / 3 / -1
    Her name is Monique.
    She's the perfect woman for me; nice body, no head, and is into kinky stuff... funkiest floor lamp I've ever seen, had to have her.
    [​IMG]

2. Kelmourne

Kelmourne The Savage Hippy

A Pirate city in international cyberspace
    Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    A woman can't resist a man who turns her on :p

• Like Like x 1
  3. S.J. Faerlind

S.J. Faerlind Flashlight Shadowhunter

Ratings:
    +298 / 2 / -1
    rofl......

4. Kelmourne

Kelmourne The Savage Hippy

A Pirate city in international cyberspace
    Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    She lights up your day, how sweet.

5. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +327 / 1 / -0
    girlfriend, but no head....

seems like a dilemma to me

6. Firiath

Firiath Halfling barbarian

Ratings:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    She looks a bit thin, but I wouldn't say no to a lam- er, woman like that either!

7. Stormborn

Stormborn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Ooh, very funky, I love it.

Would you have commented the same if the lamp would have been fat?

8. Sparrow

Ratings:
    +251 / 3 / -1

Thanks... she is quite the lamp, very haughty and not at all my type. Though I'm glad she isn't fat, it already weighs a ton.:)

But it is interesting, it seems we're always quick to comment on a girl being thin and not so much when chubby. I suppose I'm no different. Always feel I might hurt someone's feelings if I say "you look really good with extra weight on", even though I'm being sincere about it and in the end it doesn't change how I feel about someone.

9. Firiath

Ratings:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    Depends on how fat. Obese? No. Curvy or even chubby? Yes.

I guess when girls tell other girls "you look so thin!" it's often meant like a compliment. Depends on which kind of girl you are, of course. But as society considers being thin as better than being fat it's of course always a problem to talk about a woman's body or weight when she's not thin/skinny. Which is complete bullshit, but, well, what can we do about it? If this had been a real person I wouldn't have commented on her body shape at all. :p

10. Stormborn

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Why not comment on her if she would have been obese? Besides you can be thin and curvy, "Curvy" doesn't mean that you have any extra fat on your body whatsoever.

"You look thin" och "Oh, you're so skinny, you must be able to eat anything!" are not compliments. The same as "You look fat" and "Go on a diet" isn't compliments.

I'm just so tired of it being acceptable to comment on thin peoples weight. I'm not thin at all. I used to be. Now I'm rather chubby.
    However when someone told me that I look like I had an eating disorder in school, and that I was very skinny I talked back and told them off by using the same shit they were using,
    commenting on their weight. I got told off for telling people that they were fat, but apparently it was perfectly okay to bully me for being thin.

11. Sparrow

Ratings:
    +251 / 3 / -1
    We all have to deal with the perceptions others have of us, which are usually shallow and sometimes even mean spirited. For me it's my hair. How many times have I had to say "no, I don't play guitar", "no, I don't have any drugs on me", "no, I'm not interested in going to the strip club with you guys". It doesn't get me angry so much as just frustrated. I just have long hair, it means nothing... I'm way more into cosmology, archaeology, and philosophy than heavy metal and titty bars.

I'd like to blame popular culture and the media, but these pressures to look and act a certain way are as old as humanity. I think the only thing I can do is be comfortable with myself and if something really bugs me about my appearance than change it best I can. But do it on my own terms.

And yeah I agree with you. It shouldn't be okay to tell a person that they're thin while commenting that they are fat is some kind of taboo. Different sides of the same coin.

But then again, I might only be agreeing with you because you're so cute... and if you say so, slightly chubby.;)

12. Stormborn

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Yes. It's actually quite disturbing how people judge other people for how they look. Frustrated is a good word for it. However I think people try to put other people in to boxes. As soon as a person feels insecure about something, they want to define it and put a label on it. No matter if it's a situation, a rock or an other human being. Everything needs to fit a certain standard. And if you don't fit the standard - like you say, apparently people think long hair equals long hair, then you are labeled as something different.

For me people comment on my weight (I'm either to skinny or too fat) and have crazy eyes.

But yes, the perception on how humans should look and act has always existed. I find it interesting to see how it changes though. A history nerd as I am when it comes to historical clothing. The waists on the ladies back in the day...

Different sides of the same coin. True. Very true. It's as much of an insult or compliment to say "Oh you are so fat!" as it is to say "Oh you are so thin!". So please people think before you fall into the fudged up holes society and we ourselves digs for all of us. Ugh.

Ha, I ain't cute mister. :devilspin I'm a mean little thing.

13. S.J. Faerlind

S.J. Faerlind Flashlight Shadowhunter

Ratings:
    +298 / 2 / -1
    Interesting...and not in a good way. :( I'm surprised that you were made fun of for being thin. I suppose it makes sense though because it certainly seems that if people don't fit into some arbitrary societal mold, they get ridiculed. Societal body image issues are awful... they really are.

14. olivia_the_lamb

olivia_the_lamb Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    I hate it when people comment on how skinny I am. I can't help it. I eat all the time and I can't gain any weight. My health is fine, and no it's not okay for you to suggest that my lack of weight gain might be because of a disease or health issue. I've had dark circles under my eyes and pale skin since I was in grade school. I've always looked this way, except for when I was a little chubby in high school.

I don't tell obese people that "real women are skinny", so why is it okay for them to say "real women have curves"? Last time I checked, I'm a real woman! THAT LAMP COULD BE ME. I am seriously that lamp. And guess what? That lamp has curves, and so do I. I just don't have meat on those curves.

This issue really, REALLY frustrates me. I have been bullied about my weight since I got skinny back in 2008. That's five years of being put down for being skinny. When I was in school and skinny was beautiful, I was chubby and sad because my thighs touched. Now that I'm skinny and butt bone hurts from sitting too long, chubby is beautiful. I'm never with the times.

Thankfully, I'm happy with my body image, though it doesn't matter because my personality will always be 1 billion times better than my body and I'm totes okay with that.

15. Sparrow

Ratings:
    +251 / 3 / -1

It's funny because the more things change the more they stay the same.
    Since your mom is my age you know from her that it used to be all the rage to have a heathy glow. Everybody was tanning, at the beach, poolside, and even tanning salons... you weren't healthy and vital unless you had a golden tan, even in the middle of winter! Oh my are those people I grew up with in my teens through my twenties paying for it now. They look older than they need to and getting skin cancer left and right. My brother and both sisters have had skin cancer, best friend, and several of the kids I grew up around have been treated for serious skin problems.

Thank goodness I was so hyper back then that I could never lie around and bake in the sun.

And I too had circles under my eyes even in my early twenties, not puffy eyes so much, just looked like I'd been living in a cave or something.:D

16. Sparrow

Ratings:
    +251 / 3 / -1

You've got big expressive eyes not crazy ones.:)

I don't know why but your "eyes" comment takes me back to when my youngest niece was born. She was strikingly beautiful... except she was born with a 'lazy eye'. People would gawk at her and force themselves not to say anything about that one weird eye looking off into space. It was really bad. I joked to my sister that you'll never get this one married off, but perhaps some gypsies will adopt her and she can become a fortuneteller.:D Turns out the eye corrected itself and years down the road she's now a straight A student and a very self-contained, confident young woman. She's also the only niece of mine with a ridiculous sense of humor. She also used to be very chubby and was teased at school.

Sorry to say some people associate appearance with all sorts of silly things and make associations that aren't fair or real.

17. Firiath

Ratings:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    Whoa. All of this just because I made a joke. Can't we just agree that society sucks because it tries to dictate what's beautiful and what's not, and because there are always people who believe this crap?

When I wrote "she's a bit thin" I meant this as a joke. Hell, me, having been overweight all my life, I'm the last person who'd comment on a person's weight or body shape. But this is a lamp I was talking about, and when I said "she's a bit thin" I meant it like "she wouldn't be the perfect woman if I was a guy and she a woman and I was looking for someone to have sexual intercourse with" (read: "I wouldn't bone her"). I'm sorry if anyone was offended by that - I didn't realise this could be such a delicate topic.

18. Stormborn

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Yes, society sucks. But agreeing to that it's acceptable to "joke" is saying that it is also acceptable to judge people because of it. It's bullshit. And your explanation "I wouldn't bone her" because she's too thin, does not make it any better by any means if you think so.

19. Stormborn

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Like I said. It's awful how people judge each other. Even small children! Horrible.

I agree with the last bit as well...

20. Firiath

Ratings:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    But that's because people have different tastes, even when it comes to outer appearances of other human beings. (Right? >_>) If I was the kind of person who'd just want to have sex with strangers I'd probably choose according to outer appearances, because how else would I pick someone? Of course I know this isn't as easy IRL. But I don't see why it offends people when I say "I would prefer to fulfill my sexual desires with a person having the physical characteristics of XY*".

* for instance because I like big butts and I cannot lie >_>

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013