My idea for a Zelda game

Discussion in 'Zelda' started by Justice, Aug 13, 2003.

1. Justice

Justice New Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Rather that releasing the same formula over and over (dungeons, special weapons you need or you can't enter the next one, and so on) they should completely overhaul the gaming engine. More of an RPG really, Link gets stronger as he fights more, earning experience points. And I want HUGE cities, not these crummy towns like in OOT and MM (Majora's mask). And Link should not just have a sword, but you should be allowed to purchase dozens of weapons, from axes, maces, long bows, crossbows, and different swords. There should be an armory where you can keep them.

And the game should be very linear, it should take a long time to get to each location instead of this "one quarter of a mile away from the icy mountain is the desert, then down south is the beach, and the forest is just a bit to the east." I want it to take a while to get to each area, and once you get there there should be dozens of objectives instead of one or two, that way you stay there a while. And you should be able to go anywhere you want from the beginning except for a few crucial places, rather than, "this area opens up after this dungeon is beaten". If they do all this, they'll have a new and refreshing Zelda game much better than the rest.

Oh, and I want an older link. No more 10 year old Link.

2. dustyboy316

dustyboy316 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    those would be great, but I don't think Nintendo will do that. Zelda is strictly an adventure game.

Although I would definetely want the game even more if it were like that!

3. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    some ideas of those would be good but others i dont like and would take away the very essence of the zelda series. link should always have a sword as his main weapon, he can have others as side weapons (like the megaton hammer in OoT) and i like the whole, long time to get there thing.

and thats not really an idea for a zelda game, thats a few suggestions for improvements for zelda games.

this is my idea for a zelda game:

(this takes place after the plot of OoT and MM, and answers the damn question about links missing friend at the start of MM)

It is 8 years after the events of majora's mask and link is still on his quest across the whole wide world in search of his friend( who i assume is Navi). as it has been 8 years, link is now at the same age he was when he defeated gannon. and as its been 8 years of travel, link has walked a long, long, long distance, although he has gone in one rough direction, guided by a special instict.

link gets to a huge mountainous region that is covered in snow and treks to a small village at the base of the tallest mountain.
    at the top of this mountain is a huge tower, more specifically a huge temple in honour of the three godessess.

link climbs up to the temple and ahead of him he sees navi at the door. he runs but navi goes inside and the door closes and locks itself.

he discover that to open the door he must find the two keys that were lost a long time ago, one in a goron mine, the other in a volcano.

so those two locations act as dungeons with bosses that i havent thought of and so on.

once link finds the two keys he opens the temple doors and goes in, there he meets navi and rauru (the sage of light). rauru tells link the hyrule is facing a coming danger and gannon is going to be released upon the world once more. as link is 8 years travel away from hyrule there is not much he can do to stop gannon before he destroys everything.

So link must appeal to the gods in order for them to take action against gannon.

however the gods have become disconnected from the world and link must do something or the gods will not hear their plead.

rauru tells him that he can make a call to the gods from the temple that they are in but he does not have enough power on his own, cue the other 5 sages.

now this bit is complicated, the six sages are sages alone and do not have the power on their own, as sages they represent the power of the forces of the world (light, spirit, shadow, water, fire and forest) but do not hold the whole power. so link must awaken the six forces by going into six portals inside the temple that lead to six worlds of each force (which i think is cool because where you normally have just a temple of something, you have a whole world devoted to it, a whole world of fire and so on, which means you get a lot of land in the game).

so link goes into these worlds and does his thing is some dungeonsm killing giant monsters that are the reason the gods have become disconnected.

and so rauru and the other sages use the ultimate power of the forces to open a gateway to the heavens where link goes and consults farore (specifically farore as she is links creator as the god of courage), and he fights farore to prove his worth and to prove he cares enough about hyrule and so on etc. etc. etc.

so when link has beaten farore the gods grant links wish and gannon is sealed in time and hyrule flooded.

Well thats my idea for a zelda game, which both answers the questions from MM and makes a better link as to what happened to lead up to WW.

what do you think?

4. dustyboy316

dustyboy316 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    not bad, you put quite a bit of effort into that lol. Did yuo just make that up or have u always wanted that?

5. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    most of the effort was put into typing it out, but its quite simple really.

i came up with the idea when i heard the basic plot for the wind waker, and i thought that it wasnt a good plot (untill i played the game and found out it was quite good).
    i was just thinking what a better game could be, combined with the fact that i was annoyed that they just left the story after majora's mask and didnt finish it.

6. Renzokuken

Renzokuken You have failed this city!

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    Thats a brilliant idea for a game Crusader. Id buy it straight away!! I love it!!!

7. Isaac29GT

Isaac29GT Spawn of Skyanide

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I once made my own idea where Link had a son named Flint, and they went on a quest together, but Link was old by then and he got killed and Flint went on a path of vengeance to avenge Link, this gave him great power, kind of think of it as the dark side of the force lol

8. Poewarrior

Poewarrior Citrus Master

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Honestly, I think that idea is spewtacious. That's right, I use my own made up words all the time, get over it. That just isn't how Zelda works, and...yup. The semi-RPG concept really made my eyes burst into excruciating hellfire, because Zelda requires skill to beat, not a high enough level. Don't be mad, although you will be. Critism is all part of sharing an idea, not everyone will like it.

9. Isaac29GT

Isaac29GT Spawn of Skyanide

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Hello Poewarrior, we meet again,let our epic battle continue!!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2005
  10. World builder 316

World builder 316 Ceasar of the Hobos

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I have to agree with Poewarrior on his statement as I think the funnest part of the Zelda games is trying to find your own ways of defeating the more powerful monsters and not just level up to a high level and just wade the the monsters. That takes all the fun out of a action/adventure game, which Zelda is.

Crusaders game is one of the most original ideas I have heard as of late, but in order for it to be made properly, it would take alot more time than the average game, use more than one disk, and cost a lot of money. But, if nintendo went to the trouble of making such a long and full game, I would be willing to pay the price.

11. adamkyran

adamkyran Mako Addicted 4 Life

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    great idea's! I like how zelda is now but there can be some major adjustments.

12. Darth Rave

Darth Rave Sith'ari

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    While I do like how zeld is now I think your idea, Justice, sounds awsome. I would definatly play it.