My Anakin Skywalker belt

Discussion in 'Historical Re-enactment' started by defyitall, Oct 6, 2005.

1. defyitall

defyitall Art House Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I'm finishing up an Anakin costume for Halloween and I decided to make the belt myself to learn a few new things about leather work. The end result really pleased me. It's not total screen accuracy as that wasn't my aim but I am really happy with what I was able to accomplish my first try.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let me know what you guys think. I have bandied about starting a belt making eBay side business for a while now. So I need feedback.

2. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    looks more accurate than mine...good work!

3. defyitall

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. Technically, it's the wrong size. Mine's made from a 2.5" belt blank to save cost and the movie belt is 2.25". But belt blanks aren't exactly straight so trimming off 1/4 of an inch would have been a hassle. Other than that, everything else should be pretty on as far as accuracy: buckle, studs, keepers, the score lines, the back keeper. I'm not sure how they fastened in the movies, mine has snaps; some people use velcro or plastic buckles.

4. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    Great job dude! What are the silver stud things, where do you ge tthem from?

5. defyitall

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    They're the common "jedi belt stud" replicas. After saberbelt.com closed I was kind of hard pressed. I found a guy on eBay who was selling kits (Anakin buckle, 8 studs, and four rivets) and bought 4 sets. I think saberbelt's owner is selling them on eBay as well, I may pick up some more just in case I decide to do this more often.

Basically they are studs, like the kind punk rockers would have on their jackets, and very similar to the Dan Browne studs that Tandy leather sells. Except instead of being pounded together these are screw-together type. Unlike the Dan Browne ones, these are straight on the sides instead of tapering down to the base.

If you want the eBay links, PM me.