Muggle quidditch

Discussion in 'Harry Potter' started by Coconut-CocaCola, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Coconut-CocaCola

Coconut-CocaCola Artist

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi to all Potter fans!

So, recently, a little group in our cegep (pre-university) started a to form a comity to play Quidditch. And of course, I registered in it ^^!
    Yes, it exist, people play with a lot of balls and a broom between their legs with no flying sadly. And the Golden Snitch (my post XD) is actually a person who can go where-ever he or she wants on the campus (if I understood correctly :p). And there are actually <<serious>> World Cops of this game.

So I wanted to know if there were any other players in here, and if so, please tell us more about this peculiar game!:guin:

2. Druid of Lûhn

Druid of Lûhn The Little Lamb.

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    We actually have a proper Muggle Quidditch team here at St Andrews, with multiple trainings every week and inter-club games.

Quite a few people play and they say that it can be very fun, although you sometimes get very annoyed at the person playing the snitch.

3. Coconut-CocaCola

Coconut-CocaCola Artist

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hahahahaha! I shall have my fun to annoy people then ^^!

4. Raraldor

Raraldor Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Lol this is an actual thing? that's great xD I don't play no, but being the snitch sounds like lots of fun, but you gotta be real quick on your feet.

5. Coconut-CocaCola

Coconut-CocaCola Artist

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I was also pretty much surprised when I heard people were actually playing that XD! And yup! I hope I ll be fast enough :p!
    For those interested to have an idea of the game, search for: Muggle Quidditch in 2 minutes, in Youtube ;)!

6. Druid of Lûhn

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    When they play here, they start in an area, but don't always specify a maximum distance.

I was told of snitches who have climbed trees, jumped over barbed wire (from trees), sprinted to the other end of campus, ...
    Another rule is that if a player falls off their broom, they have to return to their starting position, and the snitch is allowed to push seekers of their brooms, so if you're far out, then it can be pretty annoying.

There's actually a match coming up soon I think, between Glasgow and Edinburgh or something. Our St Andrews team is one of the best in Scotland :D

7. Coconut-CocaCola

Coconut-CocaCola Artist

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hahaha! Yeah I ve been told that snitches in the first 15 minutes could go anywhere, by any means (some even took cars!!! XD) I must learn some karate moves then if I want to play well my role ^^.

8. Druid of Lûhn

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I went to watch our Quidditch team play yesterday. We won the first match 90*-0 and lost the second 30-40* (* denotes the team catching the snitch, worth 30 points). The weather was awful but it was great fun and there was some good play.
    It does get quite violent, as tackling is perfectly allowed. I had to help one girl off the pitch and to a sheltered bench because she got shouldered in the neck when trying to tackle someone.

Link to the full album on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/druid.of.l...13131244589.1073741839.100006077473434&type=1

A selection of pictures:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. Midnattblod

Midnattblod Royal Wolf of Shadow

Ratings:
    +786 / 4 / -1
    ha looks like a lot of fun

10. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +198 / 1 / -0
    I imagine it would be quite challenging to sprint while holding the broom between your legs. Good on them for having fun :)

11. djfoley

djfoley New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I really want to see a game, but I never know where to go. Is there a website with scrimmages in the US?