Moiraine

Discussion in 'Speculation' started by Elan Morin Tedronai, May 12, 2004.

1. Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai The Forsaken

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I just read a unique theory on Cyndane.....its a spoiler but since this is the Moiraine thread you should know the spoilers by now....anyway, this person believes Cyndane is both Lanfear and Moiraine. Combined. Kinda like Luc and Isam.

It makes a sort of sense, it would explain Cyndane's short height and relativly lower strength in the Power than Lanfear had. What does everyone think ? I don't believe it, Lanfear is Cyndane and Moiraine is trapped in Finnland to me. But it is unique, ill give it that.

2. shaiel

shaiel Chumai Tardaad

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    about your earlier question, EMT, in celtic mytholgoy to get into the tower of the fairies you walked around it three times. recall that perrin walked around it twice in TSR until birgitte stopped him.

3. Elan Morin Tedronai

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Hey that is interesting. Also, another Moiraine theory is that she "killed Asmodean by wishing it of the Finns" ? I think this is a tad crazy as i recall reading that if you ask/wish things about the Shadow (Asmodean = Forsaken, thats pretty Shadow-ish) there were dire consequences...

4. Loki the Demon

Loki the Demon "Belgium, Man!"

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    why would it occur to any of those characters to rescue moiraine though? as far as they know, she's dead

5. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I wonder if the same set of rules applies the the Rhunedian (sp?) doorway that apply to the Stone of Tear doorway. I don't recall anyone metioning it in the story. I am also inclined to wonder how Lanfear escaped. Was she killed and resurected by the DO? Assuming that both doorways follow the same set of guidlines, what would the effect be on one of the 'Shadow' that entered the doorway? If asking about them is a no-no, surely the presence of a Forsaken would have to be a negative.

6. Elan Morin Tedronai

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Maybe that's how Lanfear died, i hope she took a couple of Finn's down with her though, i like Lanfear.......:)

7. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    For some reason I like her too. I thought early on, and I still think it holds true, that she is not quite as evil as she seems. Perhaps she'll end up walking in the light before it's all done.

8. Elan Morin Tedronai

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I hope she doesn't, it would wreck some of her mystique and the cool "evil-babe" character she has going.

9. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Ya I agree, she's a good villan. However, since she started showing p in the Stone of Tear I've had the feeling that she would help Rand in more ways than simply capturing Asmodean for him. Even after the conclusion of Winters Heart.

10. Elan Morin Tedronai

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    She has been awfully helpful, but i think she has her own reasons for doing so, remember, she used to be Lews Therin's lover, and she still claims him as her own, and she usually trys to turn the Dragon, rather than kill him....