Mistakes, Bloopers, and Other Little Things

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Strider, Dec 22, 2003.

1. Strider

Strider Eccentric

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Every movie has its mistakes. Has anyone noticed any?

This isn't a mistake as they can't control this at all, but as Theoden is riding up to Isenguard you get a nice view of his horse lifting it's tail and adding to the floating mess of Isenguard

2. Arwen

Arwen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    I think it's pretty interesting how all the horses disappear outside the Black Gate :rolleyes:

3. Shinagani

Shinagani New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    In a wide shot of Faramir's Suicide Charge, you can clearly see that one of the Gondorians has lost control of his horse as he breaks rank, drifts back, and runs into the guy next to him....but that's an easy one to notice....

4. Arwen

Arwen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Speaking of Bloopers- I read on another forum that theres a Blooper reel after all the ROTK credits- can anyone confirm this???

5. Strider

Strider Eccentric

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    lol yah I was wondering that too

And also Merry's horse. When Theoden tells him he can't ride with them his horse suddenly goes poof, and its not like someone else is using that horse since it is too small for others.

6. Flame_of_the_West

Flame_of_the_West New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The thing with Merry's horse is that it's just a pony compared to the other Riders horses. He wouldn't be able to keep up with them on it.

7. Shantar

Shantar New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, there is the miraculously restored Minas Tirith after the battle... Plus the usual number of buckles and broaches switching sides, or moving places.

Shantar

8. Strider

Strider Eccentric

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Exactly, so there was no reason for it to suddenly disappear.

9. Lego

Lego God amongst men

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    ok i have 2, how did the palantir get in the flooded water at isengard, when i last looked it was with saruman in his tower, what did he doe, chuck it out the window????

and secondly, when faramir is doing his suicide march waht happened to all the bodies of the men and horses that were slaughtered as they were escaping??

10. Strider

Strider Eccentric

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    The palantie I'm sure we will find out with the extended version

11. Crack of Doom

Crack of Doom New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Fell beast chow....... :devilbat:

12. Gûd Daedheloth

Gûd Daedheloth Foe of Morgoth's Realm

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, the whole Palantir part is extended, along with the horses disappearing at the Black Gate (Aragorn has to get off to fight the Mouth of Sauron, I think). I thought it was interesting how the hobbits kept getting more elven cloaks and broaches. Pippin gets another broach (probably from Aragorn though, so no mistake) Merry doesn't have his cloak for a while, and then has one again. And Frodo and Sam don't have theirs at Orodruin, but they have them again by the end.
    And there was that part where Saruman doesn't die. I thought they woulda caught that one, but they missed that big mistake in TTT where Aragorn fell off the cliff, so what can you expect? :D

13. Lego

Lego God amongst men

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    there has been other mistakes too, such as when faramir is going on his suicide march, as they are are going through the city streets he turns the same corner twice he passes pj's kids, and then a 5 seconds later he passes them again. This isn't a mistake but Gandalf and the others were very brave when approaching Isnegard its lucky that they manadged to avoid falling down one of the huge holes in the ground, and wouldn't things of been easier if frodo had gone and sat on one of the eagles, flown to mount doom and dropped it in right at the beggining?

14. Strider

Strider Eccentric

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I waited this time until after the credits. No bloopers here.

15. Nathan

Nathan Wielder of the Flame

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The eagles wouldn't have flown Frodo to Mount Doom. Despite lack of proof in the movies that they're anything but giant birds, they're actually their own "people"- as it were- and would have recognized the danger of flying into the heart of evil. They also wouldn't have wanted to be used as a taxi service, as they had their own things to do like catching small animals. Much the same way the powerful elf-lords had their own things to like take brush their hair five times a day and avoid dirt at all costs.

I noticed a mistake after Sam pulls Shelob's webs off Frodo's face. When the camera's looking at Frodo over Sam's shoulder, Frodo's eyes are open. For a second or two there's a shot from the side of Sam pulling Frodo on his lap a bit and Frodo's eyes are closed. When the camera is looking over Sam's shoulder again, Frodo's eyes are open.

16. Scrinlord

Scrinlord Dark Lord of Guppies

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    When Aragorn and Co. are going to take the Paths of the Dead, all of their horses turn and run away. I think Andurils scabbard is still on Aragorns horse when it runs away.

17. Mac

Mac New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Huh? I'm not sure I know what you mean here. The eagles DID take Frodo and Sam away from Mount Doom in the book. They were used as "a taxi service" on several occasions in the trilogy out of gratitude to Gandalf.

If you mean, as you actually wrote, that the eagles wouldn't have flown Frodo TO Mount Doom, I guess you're right. But it was never suggested (unless I missed something major!) that they would or did.

Mac

18. Sabishii

Sabishii Sindarin

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I think it's less that the Eagles were preoccupied than that they had great apprehension for Sauron's terrible might. If they had just flown in there in the beginning, they would have to face all the Nazgul in addition to any sorcery Sauron still had within his power - Remember when the hobbits were more than paralyzed by Sauron's eye while it scanned the grounds of Mordor while in the movie?

19. Dalleron

Dalleron New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    True to all that, but look at the timing of when they fly into Mordor. It's crumbling and falling apart. Obviously, Sauron is finished. Gandalf must get them to fly in and see if Sam and Frodo are still alive.

20. Nathan

Nathan Wielder of the Flame

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I did mean what I wrote, because I WAS talking about the eagles flying Frodo into Mordor when he learns what he has. It was in response to Legolas's question on the first page of this thread. The reasons I put up were half-remembered tidbits Phillipa Boyens said on the commentary of the Extended Fellowship.