Mistake I Think I Noticed

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by stevenlink1, Dec 19, 2006.

1. stevenlink1

stevenlink1 Knight of Hyrule

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Correct me if I am wrong, but in Knights of the Old Republic, consulars are the balanced jedi and sentinels focus on force powers. But it seems to switch in Knights of the Old Republic 2. Has anyone else noticed this?

Personally, I think that the classification system is totally rediculous. Why? Because I looked for examples in the star wars universe and I seem to notice a sort of consistency:

-You'd think that Dooku is a Guardian, but he uses force lightning like crazy.
    -Mace Windu seems like a strong user of aggressive force powers in the clone wars series, but he obviously focuses on lightsaber skills to a great degree, as he has such a distinctive lightsaber
    -Darth Sidious and Yoda are both powerful Force users, but their fighting styles are unprecendentedly advanced

It seems like focusing on force powers only elevates lightsaber skills, so how could you have a jedi who focuses mostly on one discipline or the other?

2. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    Well yeah I have to agree. Sorry to bring up EU again, but that is what we are talking about here...so to compare such ranks to characters in the movies is not possible, cause like you said, many rely on both intelligence in the Force and lightsaber skills at the same time. Maybe it's because they are masters, cause yeah all the ones you named are Jedi masters, except of course Count Dooku and Darth Sidious, but yeah you can't call those rookiees either lol

3. lewy

lewy Lewy the lethal lunatic!

In the darkest valleys of death and despair...
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    mmm.... many (oki, not quit sure... but i realy think so) uses more than one form, that can affect the consular/guardian/sentinel-thing (types).

well, i have to say i also agree..
    i haven't played 1, only 2, but i think if that's the thing in 1, it changes... as far as i remember.

4. stevenlink1

stevenlink1 Knight of Hyrule

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Good point about the masters thing, but this is where I really agree with you about the whole EU subject. This is one of those situations where the EU has to alter the star wars story to serve its own purposes, instead of being true to the movies.