Member of the week - week 1 - Lord Yuan

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by Overread, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0
    Yes indeed member of the week is still not fully dead!! And this week you'd best top your hat for his lordship Mr. Yuan! For this week is his week!!!

And now let us begin:

How's the minecrafting going Yuan? ;)

2. Kelmourne

Kelmourne The Savage Hippy

A Pirate city in international cyberspace
    Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    What was your favourite band exactly 2 years ago?

3. Lord Yuan

Lord Yuan Death-Thousand+

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    OR: With all the new updates I'm having fun, beds are really nice. Our world is a bit in limbo though, but I still have the file for it.

Kel: Two years ago hmmm, not really a band but I found out about Nujabes so I was probably starting to get into old school rap and instrumental hip hop.

4. Running Wolf

Running Wolf Join the Madness

Ratings:
    +231 / 0 / -0
    Why a 'lord'? Is a king not much better?

Have you ever been to South Dakota?

Would you want to visit North Korea? And what would you do there?

The favorite fantasy hero?

Favorite real life hero?

Favorite heroine?

What are your thoughts as you answer this question?

Hahahahahaha.

Okay, where are you originally from? Do you feel as if you come from there? Are you proud you're from there? Would you like to have another cultural background? Why? Why not?
    If you were free to choose another language as a second native language, which would it be?

Wallander or Jo Nesbo?

Drizzt Do'Urden or Dinin?

and finally: If there was a draft for a (not defensive) war, would you flee to another country or stay and fight?

5. Lord Yuan

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Running Wolf:

I use this username based off of a video game character, I usually have usernames with titles. I feel like lords are kinda like the scheming underdogs and that is cool. On my Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst account the username lordyuan was taken so I actually did go for kingyuan.

The only states I've stayed in for a period of time are, Michigan, Kentucky, Hawaii, and California.

North Korea...I could visit as a diplomat/constituent for peace? I find it hard to justify much killing under nearly every circumstance.

Fantasy hero...my strength is in video games so I would have to say Guybrush Threepwood from the Monkey Island series. Not traditional fantasy, but it isn't quite fiction with all the undead pirates and voodoo.

Real life hero would be...well. I try not to idolize people but I do look up to Derrick May, John Cleese, Frank Conniff, David Libe Hart... Mostly actors and musicians.

Heroin. Nah, hmm. Maria Bamford though is funny as hell. She shall be the cake taker for that seat.

I was thinking about the last question really.

Michigan. Sure. I'm proud that I plan on staying in Michigan. Honestly I sort of did wish I was a different ethnicity. I'm sort of just another white kid of mixed European descent, so in a way I kinda have to pay for racism in the past because of affirmative action. I couldn't pick a single language, but if I had too Chinese would probably be quite useful.

I don't get into fantasy books too much just because I don't read too much, and while the titles are familiar I have never gotten around to reading them.

I wouldn't flee my homeland, if we are taking offense then something is wrong and the country needs to be fixed not abandoned for a tyrant to gain more control. But I wouldn't fight. I would stay and get thrown in jail or killed, whatever. I'm a angry aggressive pacifist. If somebody points a gun at me I will either tell them how much they will end up regretting it, or pull their hand and aim the gun at my own head and invite them to shoot if they want to ruin their life.

Whew.

6. Kelmourne

Kelmourne The Savage Hippy

A Pirate city in international cyberspace
    Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Punk or Heavy Metal?

7. Lord Yuan

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Likely Punk, but there is still some nice Metal. Usually prefer my metal without vocals though. And I often enjoy punk as a hybrid in music, like punk ska or that sort of deal.

8. AlphaAlex

AlphaAlex Official Forum Nuisance

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -0
    Are you Dr. Robotnik?

9. Lord Yuan

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I prefer to be seen as E-102 Gamma but in reality I'm more of a Big the Cat. Sans the big but hold onto the mental deficiency.

10. WildPony

WildPony New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Do you prefer wine or ale me Lord?

11. AlphaAlex

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -0
    ok Robotnik

12. Prince_Kheldar

Prince_Kheldar Beard Lover

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Dearest yuan,

beer or wine?
    Coffee or tea?
    PS3 or Xbox 360?

Do you believe artificial intelligence may one day take over the world?
    Have you ever been to Europe? If so, which country, if not; which countries would you like to visit?

13. Lord Yuan

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Beer, wine, or ale? None, at least yet. Don't care for tea, and coffee is not a favorite of mine either. I would side with the Xbox but I PC game because of all the other bonuses. Mods, cheaper games, ect.

I think artificial intelligence could be useful but maybe too useful to the point where it overwhelms the need for human thought making it so nobody has to do much innovation or such themselves. It won't take over the world, just get rid of some jobs and make people more lazy.

I have never been to Europe, and I doubt I could pick one or two without regretting that I said all of them, some point in my life I want to become much much much more worldly.

14. Oddrun

Oddrun I speak languages.

Ratings:
    +200 / 1 / -0
    How's your moustache?
    Do you have any hobbies? If so, what are they?
    What were you doing today at 10AM?
    Which soccer player do you think is the hottest?
    What do you think is the most interesting thing about you?
    Do you find the above question strange? (I did when I heard it two days ago o_O)

15. Lord Yuan

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    My mustache has almost merged with my sideburns for optimal mustache. Not yet, but soon, very soon.
    My hobbies are video games, and the Pokemon Trading Card Game. Or at least I do those the most often.
    At 10AM I was enjoying this day off by sleeping even though I have loads of work to trudge through.
    I don't follow sports much at all, I just don't like watching other people compete, makes me sort of wonder what I am doing if I am just watching them and doing nothing.
    I'm a pretty bland person, even literally if you were to eat me I would probably not be too satisfying. I don't really have any talents either so I can't pull anything out of a hat at a party and surprise people. I think the most interesting thing is that I am in every way not interesting. sort of an oddity in itself.
    It wasn't too strange of a question it is just hard to answer when you are a mostly average person.

16. Running Wolf

Running Wolf Join the Madness

Ratings:
    +231 / 0 / -0
    could you sleep through the noise of other people working with heavy machines right in front of your window? If yes continue with question 2. If not continue with question 3.

2: So you're having a healthy sleep. So what then if a huge thunderstorm threatens to destroy your house? Is you luck such that you would miraculously survive, or would you die in your sleep?

3: You're a light sleeper. So when a heavy thunderstorm rolls in, you wake up and see that it will probably destroy your house: What would you save when you make a run for it?

-> Now answer the question you have not yet answered :p

17. Lord Yuan

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I would likely stay awake, or at least for a long time before getting to sleep. I would probably try to save other people or pets, everything else is mostly replaceable. I sort of hate pictures and stuff so I wouldn't save any of the things. Maybe things that would just be handy and save time, phone, glasses, maybe a card binder, if we are talking objects. Most of the video games I play I download from things like steam so though I do have a large collection of console games I could still live without them.

I would probably die awake because I do catch onto sounds but sometimes only after awhile of them happening.

18. hatchet13

hatchet13 The Nasty Tusken

In the middle of the Dune Sea - Tatooine or Austra
    Ratings:
    +6 / 1 / -0
    If you woke up and discovered that i had somehow fallen asleep and rolled over on top of you , would you just lie there or would you pull me off ?

19. Lord Yuan

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Probably not a pull but a shove or maybe a push as falling asleep and rolling on people is startling behavior.

20. AlphaAlex

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -0
    If a 3-eyed, one tentacled flying octopus was in a lift that malfunctioned and shot it through the ceiling of a building and 200 feet further into the air, would it be able to fly or would the gravitational forces prevent it from such a feat?